independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 22nd Nov 2017 6:33am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Even More Star Trek stuff
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 09/13/17 6:43pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:




Well O'Brien isn't Starfleet, he's a working man. I'm serious that guy isn't ringing one bell yet. Eventually I'll look him up, but he must of not made a big impression on the show. Heck I remember the Bajoran recruit who was killed off much better.

Well he must of for them to make an action figure of him. He wasn't on the last few years because he was doing alot of other TV shows.

Image result for lt. carey voyager action figurehttps://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mZLv30F1TOsa_QvW-OgPVaA.jpg



I guess, but even you didn't tell me what he actually did on the show except come back and die.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 09/13/17 6:45pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

Do you remember her?

Image result for genevieve bujold star trek



Nope, looks like a captain from TNG.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 09/13/17 6:56pm

morningsong

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Well he must of for them to make an action figure of him. He wasn't on the last few years because he was doing alot of other TV shows.

Image result for lt. carey voyager action figurehttps://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mZLv30F1TOsa_QvW-OgPVaA.jpg



I guess, but even you didn't tell me what he actually did on the show except come back and die.



Upon wiki-ing it he's the guy that got mad about B'Elanna being chosen as Chief Engineer over him. I recall the scene but can't recall his face at all.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 09/13/17 8:29pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Well he must of for them to make an action figure of him. He wasn't on the last few years because he was doing alot of other TV shows.

Image result for lt. carey voyager action figurehttps://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mZLv30F1TOsa_QvW-OgPVaA.jpg



I guess, but even you didn't tell me what he actually did on the show except come back and die.

I did in reply 77

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 09/13/17 8:31pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Do you remember her?

Image result for genevieve bujold star trek



Nope, looks like a captain from TNG.

It's Elizabeth Janeway Captain of Voyager. This is actress that quit and then they hired Kate Mulgrew. She shot the pilot episode

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 09/17/17 11:31am

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

I'm ok with that



Needs more viewers to keep it on the air. Of course, with all the backing behind it, it criteria for longevity is a bit different.


Maybe Seth needs to appeal to Family Guy fans as well

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 09/17/17 2:40pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Do you remember her?

Image result for genevieve bujold star trek



Nope, looks like a captain from TNG.

That's actress Geneviève Bujold.

Find strength in that which remains...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 09/18/17 3:07pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:



Needs more viewers to keep it on the air. Of course, with all the backing behind it, it criteria for longevity is a bit different.


Maybe Seth needs to appeal to Family Guy fans as well



I hope not, I lost interest in Family Guy a long time ago. Missed this 2nd episode, but it's recorded so that's not a problem.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 09/18/17 6:33pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Maybe Seth needs to appeal to Family Guy fans as well



I hope not, I lost interest in Family Guy a long time ago. Missed this 2nd episode, but it's recorded so that's not a problem.

Kinda hard not to since when Seth talks all I hear is Brian

Image result for family guy brian

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 09/18/17 6:37pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

Rewatched Orville. I like it The graphics are awesome, feels like you could walk out your front door right into that world. I like they did a homage to Galaxy Quest throughout the episode. The only downside, I see is that it really is geared towards ST fans, which means the GP may not take to it at all.

Notice Tom Paris directed last nights episode. Also notice Brannon Braga is an executive producer of the series.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 09/18/17 6:38pm

kpowers

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

morningsong said:



Nope, looks like a captain from TNG.

That's actress Geneviève Bujold.

Yup, but I like Kate Mulgrew in the role better.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 09/18/17 6:45pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

kpowers said:

purplethunder3121 said:

That's actress Geneviève Bujold.

Yup, but I like Kate Mulgrew in the role better.

Definitely, she had the right grit for the role.

Find strength in that which remains...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 09/18/17 7:00pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:

Rewatched Orville. I like it The graphics are awesome, feels like you could walk out your front door right into that world. I like they did a homage to Galaxy Quest throughout the episode. The only downside, I see is that it really is geared towards ST fans, which means the GP may not take to it at all.

Notice Tom Paris directed last nights episode. Also notice Brannon Braga is an executive producer of the series.




Seriously? Oh I'll make sure I watch it.



“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 09/18/17 7:07pm

morningsong

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

kpowers said:

Yup, but I like Kate Mulgrew in the role better.

Definitely, she had the right grit for the role.



I third that. She was perfect in it.



“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 09/18/17 7:09pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Notice Tom Paris directed last nights episode. Also notice Brannon Braga is an executive producer of the series.




Seriously? Oh I'll make sure I watch it.



Yes directed by Robert Duncan McNeil AKA Tom Paris

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 09/19/17 5:07pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:




Seriously? Oh I'll make sure I watch it.



Yes directed by Robert Duncan McNeil AKA Tom Paris



Saw it. It was okay.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 09/19/17 5:54pm

morningsong

avatar

"While there have been no revelations surrounding Trek actor cameos on Discovery, it’s now been indicated — by MacFarlane himself — that his Star Trek parody show is aiming to beam aboard past Trek actors for cameos on the FOX comedy series."



“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 09/19/17 6:15pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

"While there have been no revelations surrounding Trek actor cameos on Discovery, it’s now been indicated — by MacFarlane himself — that his Star Trek parody show is aiming to beam aboard past Trek actors for cameos on the FOX comedy series."



I talked to Brent Spiner and he told me he was in talks with Seth MacFarlnd about doing the show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 09/19/17 7:23pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:

"While there have been no revelations surrounding Trek actor cameos on Discovery, it’s now been indicated — by MacFarlane himself — that his Star Trek parody show is aiming to beam aboard past Trek actors for cameos on the FOX comedy series."



I talked to Brent Spiner and he told me he was in talks with Seth MacFarlnd about doing the show.



Awesome.


Hopefully, they'll get to a point soon of spreading out the pop culture, product placement and PC stuff, and not try to hit the audience with everything at once.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 09/20/17 8:14pm

morningsong

avatar

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 09/21/17 10:33am

morningsong

avatar

Photo

R.I.P Bernie Casey September 19, 2017. The maquis part 1 and part 2. Commander Cal Hudson.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 09/21/17 4:22pm

XxAxX

avatar

morningsong said:



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 09/21/17 10:19pm

morningsong

avatar

^ biggrin

Well I take it our cape crusader is marching down the aisle about now.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 09/22/17 5:31pm

morningsong

avatar

Quentin Tarantino Is Open to Directing a Star Trek Movie.

TMZ caught up with Quentin Tarantino very briefly recently on his way to catch a flight. When asked if he would actually want to direct a Star Trek movie, he wouldn't totally rule it out. Here's what he had to say about it.



eek is all I've got to say about that.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 09/24/17 2:56am

Hudson

avatar

I can't speak to whether consumers will flock to All Access for this one show. But having seen the first three episodes, I can attest to the quality of the product in question.

This is science fiction TV of a caliber that I haven't seen since the Battlestar Galactica reboot of the 2000s. And you don't have to be a Trekkie to enjoy it.


http://mashable.com/2017/...RUVQ8Ypiqw

[Edited 9/24/17 2:57am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 09/25/17 10:19am

morningsong

avatar

Saw it. Have to watch it again. Not sure if I like it or not. Elements I like, elements I don't. Seems they are trying to blend the canon and the kelvin on some level. Definitely do not like it enough to even feel a twinge to subscribe, I know that.





[Edited 9/25/17 12:58pm]

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 09/26/17 11:25am

morningsong

avatar

I thought The Oville episode 3, was pretty good and quite satisfying.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 09/28/17 8:03pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

^ biggrin Well I take it our cape crusader is marching down the aisle about now.

Yup, back now from my honeymoon.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 09/28/17 8:40pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

Quentin Tarantino Is Open to Directing a Star Trek Movie.

TMZ caught up with Quentin Tarantino very briefly recently on his way to catch a flight. When asked if he would actually want to direct a Star Trek movie, he wouldn't totally rule it out. Here's what he had to say about it.



eek is all I've got to say about that.

As long as he does not write the story

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 09/28/17 10:47pm

kpowers

avatar

bought this by the Space needle

Image result for mister squawk

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Even More Star Trek stuff