independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 25th Sep 2017 5:15pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > SIGN O'THE TIMES COMING TO SHOWTIME, SEP 16
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 08/28/17 1:07pm

laurarichardso
n

sexton said:

laurarichardson said:

It will be avalible on Showtime's Pay Per View. You will be able to rent it and hopefully buy it.


I could not find any article stating it will be available as a pay per view movie. I did however find a link on Showtime's website stating it will be available on demand beginning September 17th if you are a Showtime subscriber and miss the first broadcast: http://www.sho.com/titles...-the-times

I mean Pay per view as the same as On-Demand. After Showtime shows it you can go to On-Demand and buy it or rent it. I used the wrong verbiage but the principal is the same you will be able to view it when you like to buy or rent.

Good god people.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 08/28/17 1:49pm

Mumio

avatar

laurarichardson said:

sexton said:


I could not find any article stating it will be available as a pay per view movie. I did however find a link on Showtime's website stating it will be available on demand beginning September 17th if you are a Showtime subscriber and miss the first broadcast: http://www.sho.com/titles...-the-times

I mean Pay per view as the same as On-Demand. After Showtime shows it you can go to On-Demand and buy it or rent it. I used the wrong verbiage but the principal is the same you will be able to view it when you like to buy or rent.

Good god people.



You may also have the option to watch it for free as long as they keep it in the On Demand queue, unless of course you record it to your dvr. Then you've got it as long as you have your dvr. I had lost hope that I'd get to see it so I bought it about 3 weeks ago.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio… they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 08/28/17 2:17pm

sexton

avatar

laurarichardson said:

sexton said:


I could not find any article stating it will be available as a pay per view movie. I did however find a link on Showtime's website stating it will be available on demand beginning September 17th if you are a Showtime subscriber and miss the first broadcast: http://www.sho.com/titles...-the-times

I mean Pay per view as the same as On-Demand. After Showtime shows it you can go to On-Demand and buy it or rent it. I used the wrong verbiage but the principal is the same you will be able to view it when you like to buy or rent.

Good god people.


Pay per view is not the same as Showtime On Demand. There is no paying for movies on Showtime On Demand. It's a simple streaming service without any payment if you already subscribe to Showtime.

Now it's entirely possible that the movie could be made available later outside of Showtime as a pay per view selection where you can rent it for 24 hours for $5 for example or download a digital copy to keep for $10 like on iTunes, but that has not been confirmed anywhere yet.


[Edited 8/28/17 14:18pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 08/28/17 5:17pm

laurarichardso
n

sexton said:



laurarichardson said:




sexton said:




I could not find any article stating it will be available as a pay per view movie. I did however find a link on Showtime's website stating it will be available on demand beginning September 17th if you are a Showtime subscriber and miss the first broadcast: http://www.sho.com/titles...-the-times



I mean Pay per view as the same as On-Demand. After Showtime shows it you can go to On-Demand and buy it or rent it. I used the wrong verbiage but the principal is the same you will be able to view it when you like to buy or rent.



Good god people.




Pay per view is not the same as Showtime On Demand. There is no paying for movies on Showtime On Demand. It's a simple streaming service without any payment if you already subscribe to Showtime.

Now it's entirely possible that the movie could be made available later outside of Showtime as a pay per view selection where you can rent it for 24 hours for $5 for example or download a digital copy to keep for $10 like on iTunes, but that has not been confirmed anywhere yet.


[Edited 8/28/17 14:18pm]


If the movie is on Showtime on demand for streaming what would make you think it will not be On Demand on the cable system? They want to make money. The same programs listed on the streaming platform are also listed on Showtime on demand on the cable system that I am looking at right now with my own eyeballs. So trust it will be on the demand on your local cable system.
[Edited 8/28/17 17:21pm]
[Edited 8/28/17 19:52pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 08/29/17 2:15pm

GaryMF

avatar

laurarichardson said:

sexton said:


Pay per view is not the same as Showtime On Demand. There is no paying for movies on Showtime On Demand. It's a simple streaming service without any payment if you already subscribe to Showtime.

Now it's entirely possible that the movie could be made available later outside of Showtime as a pay per view selection where you can rent it for 24 hours for $5 for example or download a digital copy to keep for $10 like on iTunes, but that has not been confirmed anywhere yet.


[Edited 8/28/17 14:18pm]

If the movie is on Showtime on demand for streaming what would make you think it will not be On Demand on the cable system? They want to make money. The same programs listed on the streaming platform are also listed on Showtime on demand on the cable system that I am looking at right now with my own eyeballs. So trust it will be on the demand on your local cable system. [Edited 8/28/17 17:21pm] [Edited 8/28/17 19:52pm]

Yes but they don't make any INCREMENTAL money by putting it on demand.

.

You either pay for Showtime (which included on demand) or you don't.

.

.

Just like HBO. Having one movie or another does not impact their revenue.

rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 08/29/17 3:25pm

laurarichardso
n

GaryMF said:



laurarichardson said:


sexton said:



Pay per view is not the same as Showtime On Demand. There is no paying for movies on Showtime On Demand. It's a simple streaming service without any payment if you already subscribe to Showtime.

Now it's entirely possible that the movie could be made available later outside of Showtime as a pay per view selection where you can rent it for 24 hours for $5 for example or download a digital copy to keep for $10 like on iTunes, but that has not been confirmed anywhere yet.



[Edited 8/28/17 14:18pm]



If the movie is on Showtime on demand for streaming what would make you think it will not be On Demand on the cable system? They want to make money. The same programs listed on the streaming platform are also listed on Showtime on demand on the cable system that I am looking at right now with my own eyeballs. So trust it will be on the demand on your local cable system. [Edited 8/28/17 17:21pm] [Edited 8/28/17 19:52pm]

Yes but they don't make any INCREMENTAL money by putting it on demand.


.


You either pay for Showtime (which included on demand) or you don't.


.


.


Just like HBO. Having one movie or another does not impact their revenue.


If it is avalible to buy at some point it will effect revenue. Also we have no idea what sort of licensing deal has been worked out. I was able to catch up on "Better Call Saul" the first season and the next season you had to rent on the buy the eposoids.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 08/30/17 2:25pm

rickyprynce

laurarichardson said:

GaryMF said:

Yes but they don't make any INCREMENTAL money by putting it on demand.

.

You either pay for Showtime (which included on demand) or you don't.

.

.

Just like HBO. Having one movie or another does not impact their revenue.

If it is avalible to buy at some point it will effect revenue. Also we have no idea what sort of licensing deal has been worked out. I was able to catch up on "Better Call Saul" the first season and the next season you had to rent on the buy the eposoids.

I am just happy its calling attention to P and showcasing on Showtime the ultimate showman.

This is not being aired for me in my mind its being aired for some folks to hopefully tune in and say oh yeah I forgot just how amazingly talented of a perfomer Prince was.

It always brought a big smile and now even more so to me whenever P was in the spotlight. As probably is the case with many of us..our family, lovers and friends both past and present will likely think of us (if they have and watch ST) and say oh yeah now I know why... was such a big fan of this cat. I already got a few texts when it was announced.

Call me sentimental but I can tell you I will tear up when I see that 20' catwalk leap sequing into "Little Red Corvette" and smile and say yeah (no Oh YEAH!!!) .....nobody can ever take the place of my man! Thank U Showtime for showing SOTT.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 08/30/17 4:05pm

sexton

avatar

laurarichardson said:


If it is avalible to buy at some point it will effect revenue. Also we have no idea what sort of licensing deal has been worked out.


Yes, I already said this.

sexton said:


Now it's entirely possible that the movie could be made available later outside of Showtime as a pay per view selection where you can rent it for 24 hours for $5 for example or download a digital copy to keep for $10 like on iTunes, but that has not been confirmed anywhere yet.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 08/31/17 4:00am

laurarichardso
n

GaryMF said:

laurarichardson said:

sexton said: If the movie is on Showtime on demand for streaming what would make you think it will not be On Demand on the cable system? They want to make money. The same programs listed on the streaming platform are also listed on Showtime on demand on the cable system that I am looking at right now with my own eyeballs. So trust it will be on the demand on your local cable system. [Edited 8/28/17 17:21pm] [Edited 8/28/17 19:52pm]

Yes but they don't make any INCREMENTAL money by putting it on demand.

.

You either pay for Showtime (which included on demand) or you don't.

.

.

Just like HBO. Having one movie or another does not impact their revenue.

There are licensing fees to pay for showing this movie.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 08/31/17 4:06pm

alandail

laurarichardson said:

GaryMF said:

Yes but they don't make any INCREMENTAL money by putting it on demand.

.

You either pay for Showtime (which included on demand) or you don't.

.

.

Just like HBO. Having one movie or another does not impact their revenue.

If it is avalible to buy at some point it will effect revenue. Also we have no idea what sort of licensing deal has been worked out. I was able to catch up on "Better Call Saul" the first season and the next season you had to rent on the buy the eposoids.

not really the same thing. As long as Showtime's license lasts, if you subscribe to showtime, you can watch it for free. WHen their rights are over, it will be gone from showtime. If you record it to a DVR in the meantime, you can keep watching it. If it eventually is avialbe on other pay to rent or pay to buy services, it will be completely seperate from it showing on showtime.

Customized apparel and gifts - http://www.inktastic.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 09/02/17 8:46pm

laurarichardso
n

alandail said:



laurarichardson said:


GaryMF said:


Yes but they don't make any INCREMENTAL money by putting it on demand.


.


You either pay for Showtime (which included on demand) or you don't.


.


.


Just like HBO. Having one movie or another does not impact their revenue.



If it is avalible to buy at some point it will effect revenue. Also we have no idea what sort of licensing deal has been worked out. I was able to catch up on "Better Call Saul" the first season and the next season you had to rent on the buy the eposoids.


not really the same thing. As long as Showtime's license lasts, if you subscribe to showtime, you can watch it for free. WHen their rights are over, it will be gone from showtime. If you record it to a DVR in the meantime, you can keep watching it. If it eventually is avialbe on other pay to rent or pay to buy services, it will be completely seperate from it showing on showtime.


--Showtime has this listed as a documentary. If you go on Showtime on demand right now there are documentaries that are for rent, purchase and free. It is possible that Showtime will make this avalible for renting, buying or for free viewing. I think all options are great but this is Prince.org so what do I know.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 09/04/17 10:34am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Dr. Funkenberry says the DVD & Blu releases are not official. I know this is the case with the crappy DVD from Brazil, but, I was under the impression the Canadian & Japanese releases were legit, and, surely the paper/magazine-mount European releases are "official"?

Any opinions/knowledge on this?

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 09/07/17 11:13am

sexton

avatar

laurarichardson said:


alandail said:

not really the same thing. As long as Showtime's license lasts, if you subscribe to showtime, you can watch it for free. WHen their rights are over, it will be gone from showtime. If you record it to a DVR in the meantime, you can keep watching it. If it eventually is avialbe on other pay to rent or pay to buy services, it will be completely seperate from it showing on showtime.

--Showtime has this listed as a documentary. If you go on Showtime on demand right now there are documentaries that are for rent, purchase and free. It is possible that Showtime will make this avalible for renting, buying or for free viewing. I think all options are great but this is Prince.org so what do I know.


I looked up Showtime on Demand and didn't see any documentaries for rent or for sale. They are only available for free for Showtime subscribers. http://www.sho.com/on-dem...umentaries

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 09/07/17 11:50am

laurarichardso
n

sexton said:

laurarichardson said:


--Showtime has this listed as a documentary. If you go on Showtime on demand right now there are documentaries that are for rent, purchase and free. It is possible that Showtime will make this avalible for renting, buying or for free viewing. I think all options are great but this is Prince.org so what do I know.


I looked up Showtime on Demand and didn't see any documentaries for rent or for sale. They are only available for free for Showtime subscribers. http://www.sho.com/on-dem...umentaries

If you go to your cable box and bring up on demand (yes you have to have Showtime as one of your cable channels ) You will see a list of docs. Some are for rent, buy or free to watch.

The doc about McAffee is on there and Showtime was showing this just a few months ago.

I belive his doc is free. I have Showtime and I know what I am looking at.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 09/08/17 4:28pm

rap

djThunderfunk said:

Dr. Funkenberry says the DVD & Blu releases are not official. I know this is the case with the crappy DVD from Brazil, but, I was under the impression the Canadian & Japanese releases were legit, and, surely the paper/magazine-mount European releases are "official"?

Any opinions/knowledge on this?

So was I!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 09/10/17 10:51pm

sexton

avatar

laurarichardson said:

sexton said:


I looked up Showtime on Demand and didn't see any documentaries for rent or for sale. They are only available for free for Showtime subscribers. http://www.sho.com/on-dem...umentaries

If you go to your cable box and bring up on demand (yes you have to have Showtime as one of your cable channels ) You will see a list of docs. Some are for rent, buy or free to watch.

The doc about McAffee is on there and Showtime was showing this just a few months ago.

I belive his doc is free. I have Showtime and I know what I am looking at.


That's the difference. You already have a subscription to Showtime. I don't have one so while my cable provider carries all the Showtime channels including on demand, it's blacked out for me.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 09/16/17 7:51pm

PennyPurple

avatar

It just made me miss him that much more. sad

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 09/16/17 11:35pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

excited thanks for the heads up!!!

i have showtime cool

PennyPurple said:

It just made me miss him that much more. sad

I was and am excited to watch as its playing now..

but i had a moment of sadness too sad

hug

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 09/16/17 11:45pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

why the F**k is this in the concert section!!!!

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 09/17/17 8:14am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I do not have Showtime but I have the VHS and now I am watching it on a stream site...not perfect but good!


This need to be in theaters NOW! I think they should do a concert series...

With Love, Honor & Respect for all of you...no matter how I argue or disagree my heart is full of love for you all...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 09/17/17 9:06am

Giovanni777

avatar

No reviews??

"He's a musician's musician..."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > SIGN O'THE TIMES COMING TO SHOWTIME, SEP 16