independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 10th Dec 2017 6:22pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Article: Prince Paisley Park Alumni Launch Charitable Foundation in His Honor
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/10/17 5:25am

Latin

Article: Prince Paisley Park Alumni Launch Charitable Foundation in His Honor

Check out this article published by Billboard entitled "Prince Paisley Park Alumni Launch Charitable Foundation in His Honor":

http://www.billboard.com/...foundation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/10/17 5:29am

leadline

Nice Latin, thank you.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/10/17 6:31am

Superfan1984

Thanks Latin! smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/10/17 7:28am

CandyCool

That is absolutely great and I will definetely support them. Makes me very happy to see this!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/10/17 8:03am

PurpleDiamonds
1

Nice... cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/10/17 8:11am

kingricefan

I just signed up!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/10/17 12:32pm

precioux

Awesome! Now his philanthropic legacy will live on smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/10/17 1:17pm

Purplestar88

Thanks so much! This is so cool!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/10/17 5:13pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

That is lovely, thanks biggrin

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/10/17 5:28pm

gullahgirl

This is wonderful I am sure Prince would approve!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/11/17 10:47am

zenarose

AWESOME!!!! Thanks Latin! 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/11/17 3:41pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Before I sign up or order anything, I want to know who all is on the board and exactly who the alumni are.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/11/17 5:47pm

Purplestar88

PennyPurple said:

Before I sign up or order anything, I want to know who all is on the board and exactly who the alumni are.

I would like to know that as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/12/17 5:32am

laurarichardso
n

Purplestar88 said:

PennyPurple said:

Before I sign up or order anything, I want to know who all is on the board and exactly who the alumni are.

I would like to know that as well.

See below officers

-----

In a statement announcing the establishment of the PRN Alumni Foundation, former Paisley Park Enterprises president (1989-1993) Craig Rice said, “Prince’s philanthropic activities are an important component of his legacy. Therefore, our goal is to continue supporting the charitable initiatives that were important to him. His financial generosity, most often anonymous, helped provide opportunities for underprivileged youth to pursue their dreams in music, the arts and education.”

Rice serves as secretary for the foundation’s board of directors. His fellow officers are president Jacqui Thompson and treasurer Harlan Austin. Currently working on future events and programs that will be announced over the coming months, the foundation has also launched the e-commerce website PRNalumni.org. The site features an array of items available for purchase, including hoodies, T-shirts and mugs.

Susan Rogers, a PRN board member and Paisley Park’s engineer/studio recordings (1983-1988) told Billboard, “Prince’s [work] team shared a common core: dedicated, loyal professionalism with an instinct to look out for one another. Through the PRN Alumni Foundation, those who knew his generosity of spirit toward communities and children can carry on the kind of work that helped define Prince.”

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/12/17 10:08am

PennyPurple

avatar

From the article, there are only 4 people on the board? Craig Rice, Jacqui Thompson, Harlan Austin, Susan Rogers.

.

The website shows no officers at all.

.

Registration has also been disabled.

[Edited 6/12/17 10:11am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/12/17 10:55am

laurarichardso
n

PennyPurple said:

From the article, there are only 4 people on the board? Craig Rice, Jacqui Thompson, Harlan Austin, Susan Rogers.

.

The website shows no officers at all.

.

Registration has also been disabled.

[Edited 6/12/17 10:11am]

Give it sometime and see what happens. We already know the estate managers do not care about

any charities he supported at all. The only one that seems to be doing anything is Van Jones by securing more money for Yes We Can Code and continuing the business incubator for his solar energy projects.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/12/17 3:23pm

DD55

PennyPurple said:

From the article, there are only 4 people on the board? Craig Rice, Jacqui Thompson, Harlan Austin, Susan Rogers.

.

The website shows no officers at all.

.

Registration has also been disabled.

[Edited 6/12/17 10:11am]

Penny, I agree we should be cautious.

.

Giving / supporting and volunteering for a charity that you believe in is worthwhile. But please, IMHO do not support any charity you don’t personally believe in (even if P believed and or supported that particular charity). If you support a charity, It should to be a cause dear to your heart.
.
Also, please do your homework on all charities you give to (check their IRS status and returns). I shared this story last year and I’ll share it again. There was a charity that I supported for years, then last year found out that the people who collected donations for this charity were paid a 40% commission off the top, then the rest of the funds were used to support/upkeep two offices (Albany NY and Manhattan NY) as well as pay salaries for top executives, all with little left for the actual cause for which the money was collected.
.
Van Jones has not proven himself to be trustworthy despite crocodile tears, he appeared to be crying over his own loss of employment/commission. (Sorry I’m so harsh, it’s just my impression of him).
.
There are plenty of things close to home for you to help with, like your local library or senior center or national activities/charities like the March of Dimes (birth defects/disorders) or Make a wish.
.
I’m not saying not to participate, but just be cautious of charities established in Prince’s name. Do homework.
.
Peace, ~~DD55

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/12/17 6:21pm

laurarichardso
n

DD55 said:

PennyPurple said:

From the article, there are only 4 people on the board? Craig Rice, Jacqui Thompson, Harlan Austin, Susan Rogers.

.

The website shows no officers at all.

.

Registration has also been disabled.

[Edited 6/12/17 10:11am]

Penny, I agree we should be cautious.

.

Giving / supporting and volunteering for a charity that you believe in is worthwhile. But please, IMHO do not support any charity you don’t personally believe in (even if P believed and or supported that particular charity). If you support a charity, It should to be a cause dear to your heart.
.
Also, please do your homework on all charities you give to (check their IRS status and returns). I shared this story last year and I’ll share it again. There was a charity that I supported for years, then last year found out that the people who collected donations for this charity were paid a 40% commission off the top, then the rest of the funds were used to support/upkeep two offices (Albany NY and Manhattan NY) as well as pay salaries for top executives, all with little left for the actual cause for which the money was collected.
.
Van Jones has not proven himself to be trustworthy despite crocodile tears, he appeared to be crying over his own loss of employment/commission. (Sorry I’m so harsh, it’s just my impression of him).
.
There are plenty of things close to home for you to help with, like your local library or senior center or national activities/charities like the March of Dimes (birth defects/disorders) or Make a wish.
.
I’m not saying not to participate, but just be cautious of charities established in Prince’s name. Do homework.
.
Peace, ~~DD55

Yes, we can code is a real charity and because you do not like Van Jones' politics that has nothing to do with the charity in of it self. How the fuck do you know he was getting a commision at all the that brother has like 10 jobs. You have three real crooks ripping off he estate as we speak and people on this board have nothing else to do but bitch about some made up shit.

Let us see what happens with this idea before we trash it.

[Edited 6/12/17 18:21pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/15/17 9:14am

wonder505

laurarichardson said:

Purplestar88 said:

I would like to know that as well.

See below officers

-----

In a statement announcing the establishment of the PRN Alumni Foundation, former Paisley Park Enterprises president (1989-1993) Craig Rice said, “Prince’s philanthropic activities are an important component of his legacy. Therefore, our goal is to continue supporting the charitable initiatives that were important to him. His financial generosity, most often anonymous, helped provide opportunities for underprivileged youth to pursue their dreams in music, the arts and education.”

Rice serves as secretary for the foundation’s board of directors. His fellow officers are president Jacqui Thompson and treasurer Harlan Austin. Currently working on future events and programs that will be announced over the coming months, the foundation has also launched the e-commerce website PRNalumni.org. The site features an array of items available for purchase, including hoodies, T-shirts and mugs.

Susan Rogers, a PRN board member and Paisley Park’s engineer/studio recordings (1983-1988) told Billboard, “Prince’s [work] team shared a common core: dedicated, loyal professionalism with an instinct to look out for one another. Through the PRN Alumni Foundation, those who knew his generosity of spirit toward communities and children can carry on the kind of work that helped define Prince.”

Hmmm, how did Prince feel about these people.....I'll wait.

[Edited 6/15/17 9:19am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/15/17 2:46pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Isn't Harlan Austin Prince's former bodyguard "Hucky"? If so, I'd be comfortable with anything Hucky's involved in. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy, and posted here a bunch back in the day.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/15/17 4:20pm

babynoz

wonder505 said:

laurarichardson said:

See below officers

-----

In a statement announcing the establishment of the PRN Alumni Foundation, former Paisley Park Enterprises president (1989-1993) Craig Rice said, “Prince’s philanthropic activities are an important component of his legacy. Therefore, our goal is to continue supporting the charitable initiatives that were important to him. His financial generosity, most often anonymous, helped provide opportunities for underprivileged youth to pursue their dreams in music, the arts and education.”

Rice serves as secretary for the foundation’s board of directors. His fellow officers are president Jacqui Thompson and treasurer Harlan Austin. Currently working on future events and programs that will be announced over the coming months, the foundation has also launched the e-commerce website PRNalumni.org. The site features an array of items available for purchase, including hoodies, T-shirts and mugs.

Susan Rogers, a PRN board member and Paisley Park’s engineer/studio recordings (1983-1988) told Billboard, “Prince’s [work] team shared a common core: dedicated, loyal professionalism with an instinct to look out for one another. Through the PRN Alumni Foundation, those who knew his generosity of spirit toward communities and children can carry on the kind of work that helped define Prince.”

Hmmm, how did Prince feel about these people.....I'll wait.

[Edited 6/15/17 9:19am]




Thank you. And by what authority do all of these different entities suddenly engage in forming their own organizations in Prince's name? Have any of these people even spoken to Prince within the last decade?

The appropriate entity to administer any charitable org in Prince's name would be the people handling his estate as far as I know.

Have the executors or any heirs to the estate approved this? If not then I think it's improper for them to proceed. JMO.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/25/17 6:11pm

Lovejunky

avatar

Good I think.......meanwhile Ill wait and See

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/25/17 7:24pm

rogifan

laurarichardson said:



PennyPurple said:


From the article, there are only 4 people on the board? Craig Rice, Jacqui Thompson, Harlan Austin, Susan Rogers.


.


The website shows no officers at all.


.


Registration has also been disabled.


[Edited 6/12/17 10:11am]



Give it sometime and see what happens. We already know the estate managers do not care about


any charities he supported at all. The only one that seems to be doing anything is Van Jones by securing more money for Yes We Can Code and continuing the business incubator for his solar energy projects.


No we don't know that. Stop presenting your opinion as fact. Anyway I'm sure the estate has got more important things to deal with right now than charity.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/25/17 7:33pm

rogifan

babynoz said:



wonder505 said:




laurarichardson said:



See below officers


-----



In a statement announcing the establishment of the PRN Alumni Foundation, former Paisley Park Enterprises president (1989-1993) Craig Rice said, “Prince’s philanthropic activities are an important component of his legacy. Therefore, our goal is to continue supporting the charitable initiatives that were important to him. His financial generosity, most often anonymous, helped provide opportunities for underprivileged youth to pursue their dreams in music, the arts and education.”


Rice serves as secretary for the foundation’s board of directors. His fellow officers are president Jacqui Thompson and treasurer Harlan Austin. Currently working on future events and programs that will be announced over the coming months, the foundation has also launched the e-commerce website PRNalumni.org. The site features an array of items available for purchase, including hoodies, T-shirts and mugs.



Susan Rogers, a PRN board member and Paisley Park’s engineer/studio recordings (1983-1988) told Billboard, “Prince’s [work] team shared a common core: dedicated, loyal professionalism with an instinct to look out for one another. Through the PRN Alumni Foundation, those who knew his generosity of spirit toward communities and children can carry on the kind of work that helped define Prince.”





Hmmm, how did Prince feel about these people.....I'll wait.


[Edited 6/15/17 9:19am]






Thank you. And by what authority do all of these different entities suddenly engage in forming their own organizations in Prince's name? Have any of these people even spoken to Prince within the last decade?

The appropriate entity to administer any charitable org in Prince's name would be the people handling his estate as far as I know.

Have the executors or any heirs to the estate approved this? If not then I think it's improper for them to proceed. JMO.



Susan Rogers, a PRN board member and Paisley Park’s engineer/studio recordings (1983-1988)


Ok this confuses me. Paisley Park was built over the course of 2 years and opened to the public on September 11, 1987. When was Susan Rogers the studio engineer there? Wasn't Prince done working with her by the time he was using Paisley Park to record?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/03/17 11:14am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

rogifan said:

babynoz said:

Susan Rogers, a PRN board member and Paisley Park’s engineer/studio recordings (1983-1988)
Ok this confuses me. Paisley Park was built over the course of 2 years and opened to the public on September 11, 1987. When was Susan Rogers the studio engineer there? Wasn't Prince done working with her by the time he was using Paisley Park to record?


Housequake interview with Susan Rogers (hosequake.com 2008):

HQ:
.... What were your tasks during the period you worked with Prince?

Susan Rogers: ... I was also responsible for doing many of the live recordings we did on tour at that time as well as moving his recording equipment to new rehearsal spaces (we recorded his band rehearsals) and providing audio technical assistance on movies and videos. I also helped the design team of Paisley Park Studios and made decisions on the purchase of new recording gear.

ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/03/17 12:01pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/03/17 3:15pm

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

Does anyone know what they have actually done since creating this charity? I see the merchandise for sale, but anything else?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/03/17 11:15pm

Mumio

avatar

PRNFamily (Omarr Baker) supports them for those who are wondering:


https://twitter.com/PRNFa...3917415424

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/08/17 11:08am

laurarichardso
n

LOVESYMBOLNUMBER2 said:

Does anyone know what they have actually done since creating this charity? I see the merchandise for sale, but anything else?

It just got started and it appears they have something planned for September.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/08/17 11:26am

Zannaloaf

babynoz said:

wonder505 said:

Hmmm, how did Prince feel about these people.....I'll wait.

[Edited 6/15/17 9:19am]




Thank you. And by what authority do all of these different entities suddenly engage in forming their own organizations in Prince's name? Have any of these people even spoken to Prince within the last decade?

The appropriate entity to administer any charitable org in Prince's name would be the people handling his estate as far as I know.

Have the executors or any heirs to the estate approved this? If not then I think it's improper for them to proceed. JMO.

Well- you'd be wrong.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Article: Prince Paisley Park Alumni Launch Charitable Foundation in His Honor