independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 18th Oct 2018 5:39am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Brown Mark's Tweet appeal to Jill Jones
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 16 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 12/15/17 8:42am

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

What i think is a sad shame is that at the Celebration at PP last April, when

the Revolution performed Susannah was on stage performing with them. I think Jill

should have been up there too. IMO

At that time/point with all that had happened since Sept 2016, it couldn't happen. Why would she want to be up on stage with people she pressumes to dislike?

.

I don't think she was invited to the 'Official' tribute put on by the Estate/family either

i am sure they all have done this before ^^ it could have been managed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 12/15/17 8:43am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplefam99 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

At that time/point with all that had happened since Sept 2016, it couldn't happen. Why would she want to be up on stage with people she pressumes to dislike?

.

I don't think she was invited to the 'Official' tribute put on by the Estate/family either

at tributes and celebrations, i think all should be put aside in effort to make the fans have

access to as many people who were near to Prince and the process as possible because ultimately that is what

keeps the legacy going and pays them as well. they should channel the tolerance they had for

each they displayed when prince was alive. they put up with each other varied personalities then.

i saw the revolution perform, i won't necessarily pay to see them again (outside of a group thing like

celebrations) unless they freshen it up with say Dez, Andre, or Jill, heck even Gayle.

At the official yes. But that official tribute was so bloated. If you try to get everyone involved, it just comes off a bit messy.

.

What the Revolution was doing was their way of grieving, it wasn't a tribute as much as their 'memorial'. I don't think they had to just do an invite all show at that time. Sheila E did lots of tribute shows as well as the Time. Jill sang on both of their albums.

.

From what I understood, JJ would have been included in the touring stuff if it happened per Sept 2016

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #182 posted 12/15/17 8:45am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplefam99 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

At that time/point with all that had happened since Sept 2016, it couldn't happen. Why would she want to be up on stage with people she pressumes to dislike?

.

I don't think she was invited to the 'Official' tribute put on by the Estate/family either

i am sure they all have done this before ^^ it could have been managed.

Not after being attacked the way they were. Would you? It would be such a distraction for that night/purpose.

.

Well words cannot be taken back, bridges burned, cannot be reformed, U just have to find another way to cross a gorge. Hopefull BrownMark removing the tweat is an indication of them talking off line, which is how this all should have went from the start.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #183 posted 12/15/17 8:47am

purplefam99

CherryMoon57 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I don't even think it is about who did what, as much as her career was left in such as why that she doesn't have a clear avenue to express it musically. The Time can jam, Sheila E/Eddie M and band can jam, the Family/FDeluxe can jam, the Revolution can jam, the NPG(s) can jam. Jill Jones technically cannot, and I think that restricted expression, and getting upset because she wasn't a part of the Sept 2016 shows is part of the upset.

.
The credit stuff again isn't on Susan Rogers, the Revolution etc some people still think the Revolution had a hand in the PR Deluxe and they did not.
.
JJ name wasn't added to We Can Fuck. People blame/attacked Lisa Coleman as if she was involved in the crediting. If Lisa Coleman was involved she would have definately not left her brother David Coleman off the credits on that song.

.

Cat also go a lil upset that she wasn't on the BET tribute with Sheila E.


Technically, a jam involves a group of people, each of them contributing in their own way to the end result, so obviously on her own Jill won't be able to jam without the rest of them... Doesn't mean she 'can't jam'. I can't visualize any of The Revolution band members jamming on their own either, hence why they stick together... Personally, I think the Rev's sound is currently weak without strong leading vocals. Should they take Jill on board, she would certainly add the much needed spice that's required to make their sound complete. I do love what they did musically with 'All Day, All Night', but the song itself desperately needs a voice.

Besides, what are the actual reasons for their decision not to include her in the September shows?

i tend to agree, they by themselves lack passion and the ability to make your heart cry, they need

someone who can channel pain and leave it on the stage . i think Jill has shown (even if throught rants) that she can bring that element. At least they should give it a try for the sake of their own

longevity and vibrance.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #184 posted 12/15/17 8:56am

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

at tributes and celebrations, i think all should be put aside in effort to make the fans have

access to as many people who were near to Prince and the process as possible because ultimately that is what

keeps the legacy going and pays them as well. they should channel the tolerance they had for

each they displayed when prince was alive. they put up with each other varied personalities then.

i saw the revolution perform, i won't necessarily pay to see them again (outside of a group thing like

celebrations) unless they freshen it up with say Dez, Andre, or Jill, heck even Gayle.

At the official yes. But that official tribute was so bloated. If you try to get everyone involved, it just comes off a bit messy.

.

What the Revolution was doing was their way of grieving, it wasn't a tribute as much as their 'memorial'. I don't think they had to just do an invite all show at that time. Sheila E did lots of tribute shows as well as the Time. Jill sang on both of their albums.

.

From what I understood, JJ would have been included in the touring stuff if it happened per Sept 2016

the tribute was full but needed and i enjoyed every second, full thanksgiving belly it was. Are you saying the 5th ave shows was

the revolutions kinda 'seperate' memorial? i am not clear to the bolded. "invite all show"

hmmm weird to want to include her post any memorials and tributes. i don't get that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #185 posted 12/15/17 9:46am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplefam99 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

At the official yes. But that official tribute was so bloated. If you try to get everyone involved, it just comes off a bit messy.

.

What the Revolution was doing was their way of grieving, it wasn't a tribute as much as their 'memorial'. I don't think they had to just do an invite all show at that time. Sheila E did lots of tribute shows as well as the Time. Jill sang on both of their albums.

.

From what I understood, JJ would have been included in the touring stuff if it happened per Sept 2016

the tribute was full but needed and i enjoyed every second, full thanksgiving belly it was. Are you saying the 5th ave shows was

the revolutions kinda 'seperate' memorial? i am not clear to the bolded. "invite all show"

hmmm weird to want to include her post any memorials and tributes. i don't get that.

Yeah, it was just the bandmate/friends doing an individual memorial. It was only supposed to be 1 night as well.

Naw, I think after time passes, and people begin to settle into certain stages of the grief process, this happens. That first years of loss is usually really raw. My (maternal)uncle waited for the funeral of his father to attack his brother and nieces. Even put together a documentary and passed it out. And this guy is a Doctor. My mother was shocked that he would do what he did. And it was over two year before she talked to him. She was really disappointed in the way he handled himself. Obviously they had not original beef with JJ. And being attacked like that was blindsiding. They are still doing more shows.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #186 posted 12/15/17 9:47am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplefam99 said:

CherryMoon57 said:


Technically, a jam involves a group of people, each of them contributing in their own way to the end result, so obviously on her own Jill won't be able to jam without the rest of them... Doesn't mean she 'can't jam'. I can't visualize any of The Revolution band members jamming on their own either, hence why they stick together... Personally, I think the Rev's sound is currently weak without strong leading vocals. Should they take Jill on board, she would certainly add the much needed spice that's required to make their sound complete. I do love what they did musically with 'All Day, All Night', but the song itself desperately needs a voice.

Besides, what are the actual reasons for their decision not to include her in the September shows?

i tend to agree, they by themselves lack passion and the ability to make your heart cry, they need

someone who can channel pain and leave it on the stage . i think Jill has shown (even if throught rants) that she can bring that element. At least they should give it a try for the sake of their own

longevity and vibrance.

I've been, and the passion is evident. And the crowd sure does feel it. People crying and celebrating throught the audience.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #187 posted 12/15/17 10:19am

CherryMoon57

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

i tend to agree, they by themselves lack passion and the ability to make your heart cry, they need

someone who can channel pain and leave it on the stage . i think Jill has shown (even if throught rants) that she can bring that element. At least they should give it a try for the sake of their own

longevity and vibrance.

I've been, and the passion is evident. And the crowd sure does feel it. People crying and celebrating throught the audience.


People are going to cry because they miss Prince regardless. What I am talking about is something else. Their performances cannot be compared to the kind of raw and soulful emotional sensibility that people like Prince and Jill Jones can bring to the stage. The Revolution need that, the fans need that too. If they all put their ego aside for a moment, it could work. Forget about the burnt bridges, bridges can be re-built at any time if people want them to be. The question is do they? Constantly bringing back Jill's old rants and over-analysing long gone interactions and past relationships when even Jill herself has now moved on from it and made peace in her heart with Prince and Denise (based on what she has more recently said about them) is not going to help anyone progress. Nor is playing more songs from her album, posting the video online whilst blocking her on social media and expecting her to not react to it.

[Edited 12/15/17 10:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #188 posted 12/15/17 10:24am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I've been, and the passion is evident. And the crowd sure does feel it. People crying and celebrating throught the audience.


People are going to cry because they miss Prince regardless. What I am talking about is something else. Their performances cannot be compared to the kind of raw and soulful emotional sensibility that people like Prince and Jill Jones can bring to the stage. The Revolution need that, the fans need that too. If they all put their ego aside for a moment, it could work. Forget about the burnt bridges, bridges can be re-built at any time if people want them to be. The question is do they? Constantly bringing back Jill's old rants and over-analysing long gone interactions and past relationships when even Jill herself has now moved on from it and made peace in her heart with Prince and Denise (based on what she has more recently said about them) is not going to help anyone progress. Nor is playing more songs from her albums, posting the video online whilst blocking her on social media and expecting her to not react to it.

[Edited 12/15/17 10:22am]

You dont really believe Jill has moved on, right?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #189 posted 12/15/17 10:29am

CherryMoon57

purplefam99 said:

CherryMoon57 said:


Technically, a jam involves a group of people, each of them contributing in their own way to the end result, so obviously on her own Jill won't be able to jam without the rest of them... Doesn't mean she 'can't jam'. I can't visualize any of The Revolution band members jamming on their own either, hence why they stick together... Personally, I think the Rev's sound is currently weak without strong leading vocals. Should they take Jill on board, she would certainly add the much needed spice that's required to make their sound complete. I do love what they did musically with 'All Day, All Night', but the song itself desperately needs a voice.

Besides, what are the actual reasons for their decision not to include her in the September shows?

i tend to agree, they by themselves lack passion and the ability to make your heart cry, they need

someone who can channel pain and leave it on the stage . i think Jill has shown (even if throught rants) that she can bring that element. At least they should give it a try for the sake of their own

longevity and vibrance.


Agree

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #190 posted 12/15/17 10:31am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

CherryMoon57 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I've been, and the passion is evident. And the crowd sure does feel it. People crying and celebrating throught the audience.


People are going to cry because they miss Prince regardless. What I am talking about is something else. Their performances cannot be compared to the kind of raw and soulful emotional sensibility that people like Prince and Jill Jones can bring to the stage. The Revolution need that, the fans need that too. If they all put their ego aside for a moment, it could work. Forget about the burnt bridges, bridges can be re-built at any time if people want them to be. The question is do they? Constantly bringing back Jill's old rants and over-analysing long gone interactions and past relationships when even Jill herself has now moved on from it and made peace in her heart with Prince and Denise (based on what she has more recently said about them) is not going to help anyone progress. Nor is playing more songs from her album, posting the video online whilst blocking her on social media and expecting her to not react to it.

[Edited 12/15/17 10:23am]

eh I don't know. Of course with Prince missing it will never been the same but that is for any NPG configuration as well. But I don't think JJ has the same charisma as Prince. Sheila E could probably help that missing spot. Maybe even Morris Day. JJ on some songs definately. Stokely is doing a wonderful job. Bilial does a great job too. But I do want to see her sing with them. I want to see Morris Day lead a few songs too.

.

.

Well the social media block... anyone goes after me, will get blocked, even if temporary.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #191 posted 12/15/17 10:36am

CherryMoon57

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

CherryMoon57 said:


People are going to cry because they miss Prince regardless. What I am talking about is something else. Their performances cannot be compared to the kind of raw and soulful emotional sensibility that people like Prince and Jill Jones can bring to the stage. The Revolution need that, the fans need that too. If they all put their ego aside for a moment, it could work. Forget about the burnt bridges, bridges can be re-built at any time if people want them to be. The question is do they? Constantly bringing back Jill's old rants and over-analysing long gone interactions and past relationships when even Jill herself has now moved on from it and made peace in her heart with Prince and Denise (based on what she has more recently said about them) is not going to help anyone progress. Nor is playing more songs from her albums, posting the video online whilst blocking her on social media and expecting her to not react to it.

[Edited 12/15/17 10:22am]

You dont really believe Jill has moved on, right?


Based on her more recent interviews, I believe that her heart is not as tortured as it used to be with regards to her romantic past with Prince. She also said she feels grateful that she was one of the few who managed to spend some time with him prior to his passing, which was in February 2016 in connection with Denise.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #192 posted 12/15/17 12:11pm

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

i tend to agree, they by themselves lack passion and the ability to make your heart cry, they need

someone who can channel pain and leave it on the stage . i think Jill has shown (even if throught rants) that she can bring that element. At least they should give it a try for the sake of their own

longevity and vibrance.

I've been, and the passion is evident. And the crowd sure does feel it. People crying and celebrating throught the audience.

when i attended i saw people able to grieve ,yes. i think the Rev going on tour is a gift to the fans

who might now want or be able travel to other tributes. What i think in the long term if they

continue on to doing shows they will need that emotion filled singer who can help us recall Prince

and yet push us on forward. to keep his legacy alive and prevent them from becoming a tribute band

locked into a mold.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #193 posted 12/15/17 12:14pm

purplefam99

CherryMoon57 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I've been, and the passion is evident. And the crowd sure does feel it. People crying and celebrating throught the audience.


People are going to cry because they miss Prince regardless. What I am talking about is something else. Their performances cannot be compared to the kind of raw and soulful emotional sensibility that people like Prince and Jill Jones can bring to the stage. The Revolution need that, the fans need that too. If they all put their ego aside for a moment, it could work. Forget about the burnt bridges, bridges can be re-built at any time if people want them to be. The question is do they? Constantly bringing back Jill's old rants and over-analysing long gone interactions and past relationships when even Jill herself has now moved on from it and made peace in her heart with Prince and Denise (based on what she has more recently said about them) is not going to help anyone progress. Nor is playing more songs from her album, posting the video online whilst blocking her on social media and expecting her to not react to it.

[Edited 12/15/17 10:23am]

i agree with this. if they intend on touring moving forward they will need someone who can shatter

us with emotion.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #194 posted 12/15/17 12:17pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplefam99 said:

CherryMoon57 said:


People are going to cry because they miss Prince regardless. What I am talking about is something else. Their performances cannot be compared to the kind of raw and soulful emotional sensibility that people like Prince and Jill Jones can bring to the stage. The Revolution need that, the fans need that too. If they all put their ego aside for a moment, it could work. Forget about the burnt bridges, bridges can be re-built at any time if people want them to be. The question is do they? Constantly bringing back Jill's old rants and over-analysing long gone interactions and past relationships when even Jill herself has now moved on from it and made peace in her heart with Prince and Denise (based on what she has more recently said about them) is not going to help anyone progress. Nor is playing more songs from her album, posting the video online whilst blocking her on social media and expecting her to not react to it.

[Edited 12/15/17 10:23am]

i agree with this. if they intend on touring moving forward they will need someone who can shatter

us with emotion.

lol people are rejoicing and celebrating at these shows

Have you been to any?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #195 posted 12/15/17 12:21pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplefam99 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I've been, and the passion is evident. And the crowd sure does feel it. People crying and celebrating throught the audience.

when i attended i saw people able to grieve ,yes. i think the Rev going on tour is a gift to the fans

who might now want or be able travel to other tributes. What i think in the long term if they

continue on to doing shows they will need that emotion filled singer who can help us recall Prince

and yet push us on forward. to keep his legacy alive and prevent them from becoming a tribute band

locked into a mold.

But they've stated from the start they don't want to fill that space, that no one can 'recall Prince' in that space. And they don't want anyone to try to.

Think about this too. They like Sheila E(60) and Morris Day(60) are not spring chickens. What the future holds idk. I look for them to do songs from the Dream Factory/SOTT albums and other 'unreleased stuff' and options of singing leads they've already shown they are open to many different people. And I hope and suspect their will be shows with the Family, the Time & Sheila E in the future.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #196 posted 12/15/17 12:21pm

laurarichardso
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

CherryMoon57 said:


People are going to cry because they miss Prince regardless. What I am talking about is something else. Their performances cannot be compared to the kind of raw and soulful emotional sensibility that people like Prince and Jill Jones can bring to the stage. The Revolution need that, the fans need that too. If they all put their ego aside for a moment, it could work. Forget about the burnt bridges, bridges can be re-built at any time if people want them to be. The question is do they? Constantly bringing back Jill's old rants and over-analysing long gone interactions and past relationships when even Jill herself has now moved on from it and made peace in her heart with Prince and Denise (based on what she has more recently said about them) is not going to help anyone progress. Nor is playing more songs from her albums, posting the video online whilst blocking her on social media and expecting her to not react to it.

[Edited 12/15/17 10:22am]

You dont really believe Jill has moved on, right?

Based on her interviews I think she has. I also think people keep forgetting she has her own business and does not have to be as concerned about her standing in the music industry.

She was around and part of Prince's life and has a right to express her opinion.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #197 posted 12/15/17 12:35pm

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

i agree with this. if they intend on touring moving forward they will need someone who can shatter

us with emotion.

lol people are rejoicing and celebrating at these shows

Have you been to any?

please see my reply # 192 to you. and again yes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #198 posted 12/15/17 12:40pm

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

when i attended i saw people able to grieve ,yes. i think the Rev going on tour is a gift to the fans

who might now want or be able travel to other tributes. What i think in the long term if they

continue on to doing shows they will need that emotion filled singer who can help us recall Prince

and yet push us on forward. to keep his legacy alive and prevent them from becoming a tribute band

locked into a mold.

But they've stated from the start they don't want to fill that space, that no one can 'recall Prince' in that space. And they don't want anyone to try to.

Think about this too. They like Sheila E(60) and Morris Day(60) are not spring chickens. What the future holds idk. I look for them to do songs from the Dream Factory/SOTT albums and other 'unreleased stuff' and options of singing leads they've already shown they are open to many different people. And I hope and suspect their will be shows with the Family, the Time & Sheila E in the future.

^^me either, but i hope they can eventually share the stage.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #199 posted 12/15/17 2:43pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

I actually feel very sad for Jill. She has a lot of anger/resentment towards the Revolution and Prince. she has unsolved issues which are haunting her. She needs to let the silly stuff go and focus on what's more imporant in life. I agree; the older ladies seem to be the most problematic.

I do too. But misdirected grief/sadness/anger/confusion just prolongs the grieving process. She has a husband. That 1978-1989 period was hot for a reason lol 30+yrs later it is still electric and no doubt the scene, the people in the purple camp, the energy etc is why 'some' some have issues. Overall when you step back and look at it, 95% of the people from that do not have issues with each other.

.

Yes, that is very true. If she hasn't already had therapy, it would be beneficial to her to get some now. Like you said, Tamron Hall was in therapy after Prince died, and she wasn't even as close to Prince as these woman were from the PR days. I don't know Jill personally, but I do know a lot of women who enjoy this type of drama; it's like they are addicted to drama. I dunno.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #200 posted 12/15/17 2:49pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

i am sure they all have done this before ^^ it could have been managed.

Not after being attacked the way they were. Would you? It would be such a distraction for that night/purpose.

.

Well words cannot be taken back, bridges burned, cannot be reformed, U just have to find another way to cross a gorge. Hopefull BrownMark removing the tweat is an indication of them talking off line, which is how this all should have went from the start.

.

Agreed, 1,000%.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #201 posted 12/15/17 3:02pm

CherryMoon57

OldFriends4Sale said:

CherryMoon57 said:


People are going to cry because they miss Prince regardless. What I am talking about is something else. Their performances cannot be compared to the kind of raw and soulful emotional sensibility that people like Prince and Jill Jones can bring to the stage. The Revolution need that, the fans need that too. If they all put their ego aside for a moment, it could work. Forget about the burnt bridges, bridges can be re-built at any time if people want them to be. The question is do they? Constantly bringing back Jill's old rants and over-analysing long gone interactions and past relationships when even Jill herself has now moved on from it and made peace in her heart with Prince and Denise (based on what she has more recently said about them) is not going to help anyone progress. Nor is playing more songs from her album, posting the video online whilst blocking her on social media and expecting her to not react to it.

[Edited 12/15/17 10:23am]

eh I don't know. Of course with Prince missing it will never been the same but that is for any NPG configuration as well. But I don't think JJ has the same charisma as Prince. Sheila E could probably help that missing spot. Maybe even Morris Day. JJ on some songs definately. Stokely is doing a wonderful job. Bilial does a great job too. But I do want to see her sing with them. I want to see Morris Day lead a few songs too.

.

.

Well the social media block... anyone goes after me, will get blocked, even if temporary.


Same here. I agree that it will be hard to match Prince's charisma but like you've already said, I don't think that's what any of them are aiming for... It would still be good for the Revolution to allow some room to grow by integrating a singer of the same caliber as the musicians. And so vocally I think Jill Jones does have that extensive vocal range and Bilal I guess does too. Another one whose musical background and vocal range would fit well within The Revolution and Prince's music is Jose James. Not only does he understand Prince's music well but he was also born in Minneapolis... There are endless possibilities for the future of the band. It's all about strengthening and gradually passing on the legacy, perhaps to younger members. In any case, I am sincerely hoping The Revolution and Jill Jones will reunite again one day. After all, a lot of their songs are about peace and love...


'Everybody’s looking 4 the answers
How the story started and how it will end
What’s the use in half a story, half a dream
U have 2 climb all of the steps in between'


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #202 posted 12/15/17 3:51pm

PennyPurple

avatar

If Brown Mark has JJ blocked, why did he bother to tweet? Why create more drama?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #203 posted 12/15/17 4:13pm

purplerabbitho
le

I would not want them to find a permament singer lke Bilal unless they came up with original music that is not prince relatled. Otherwise, it would seem like he was being replaced. A female vocalist wouldn't bother me as much though because of the gender difference.

CherryMoon57 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

eh I don't know. Of course with Prince missing it will never been the same but that is for any NPG configuration as well. But I don't think JJ has the same charisma as Prince. Sheila E could probably help that missing spot. Maybe even Morris Day. JJ on some songs definately. Stokely is doing a wonderful job. Bilial does a great job too. But I do want to see her sing with them. I want to see Morris Day lead a few songs too.

.

.

Well the social media block... anyone goes after me, will get blocked, even if temporary.


Same here. I agree that it will be hard to match Prince's charisma but like you've already said, I don't think that's what any of them are aiming for... It would still be good for the Revolution to allow some room to grow by integrating a singer of the same caliber as the musicians. And so vocally I think Jill Jones does have that extensive vocal range and Bilal I guess does too. Another one whose musical background and vocal range would fit well within The Revolution and Prince's music is Jose James. Not only does he understand Prince's music well but he was also born in Minneapolis... There are endless possibilities for the future of the band. It's all about strengthening and gradually passing on the legacy, perhaps to younger members. In any case, I am sincerely hoping The Revolution and Jill Jones will reunite again one day. After all, a lot of their songs are about peace and love...


'Everybody’s looking 4 the answers
How the story started and how it will end
What’s the use in half a story, half a dream
U have 2 climb all of the steps in between'


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #204 posted 12/15/17 5:57pm

paulludvig

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

when i attended i saw people able to grieve ,yes. i think the Rev going on tour is a gift to the fans

who might now want or be able travel to other tributes. What i think in the long term if they

continue on to doing shows they will need that emotion filled singer who can help us recall Prince

and yet push us on forward. to keep his legacy alive and prevent them from becoming a tribute band

locked into a mold.

But they've stated from the start they don't want to fill that space, that no one can 'recall Prince' in that space. And they don't want anyone to try to.

Think about this too. They like Sheila E(60) and Morris Day(60) are not spring chickens. What the future holds idk. I look for them to do songs from the Dream Factory/SOTT albums and other 'unreleased stuff' and options of singing leads they've already shown they are open to many different people. And I hope and suspect their will be shows with the Family, the Time & Sheila E in the future.

Yeah. They could do It's gonna be a beautiful night. I think Fink has a writing credit on that one. Not sure they could pull that off, asmost of what we here on the album was later overdubbs, but they could try.

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #205 posted 12/15/17 6:19pm

purplefam99

PennyPurple said:

If Brown Mark has JJ blocked, why did he bother to tweet? Why create more drama?

that makes no sense, and does make him look rather ridiculous, oh he must have realized that

and took that stuff down.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #206 posted 12/15/17 6:23pm

purplefam99

CherryMoon57 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

eh I don't know. Of course with Prince missing it will never been the same but that is for any NPG configuration as well. But I don't think JJ has the same charisma as Prince. Sheila E could probably help that missing spot. Maybe even Morris Day. JJ on some songs definately. Stokely is doing a wonderful job. Bilial does a great job too. But I do want to see her sing with them. I want to see Morris Day lead a few songs too.

.

.

Well the social media block... anyone goes after me, will get blocked, even if temporary.


Same here. I agree that it will be hard to match Prince's charisma but like you've already said, I don't think that's what any of them are aiming for... It would still be good for the Revolution to allow some room to grow by integrating a singer of the same caliber as the musicians. And so vocally I think Jill Jones does have that extensive vocal range and Bilal I guess does too. Another one whose musical background and vocal range would fit well within The Revolution and Prince's music is Jose James. Not only does he understand Prince's music well but he was also born in Minneapolis... There are endless possibilities for the future of the band. It's all about strengthening and gradually passing on the legacy, perhaps to younger members. In any case, I am sincerely hoping The Revolution and Jill Jones will reunite again one day. After all, a lot of their songs are about peace and love...


'Everybody’s looking 4 the answers
How the story started and how it will end
What’s the use in half a story, half a dream
U have 2 climb all of the steps in between'


if they are gonna do new material, then they can do whatever they want, if they are gonna do prince

music, they need to find a way to share the stage with Jill. at least from time to time. I still

think it was bad form to have Susannah up on stage performing with the Revolution at the Celebration. it just didn't go, IMO.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #207 posted 12/16/17 1:47am

glamstar01

OF4S,

what bores me about yr comments, the REV can never have done anything wrong in your eyes. It is always the other who made mistakes... Prince, Jill or whoever. Objectivity looks different

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #208 posted 12/16/17 3:23am

CherryMoon57

purplerabbithole said:

I would not want them to find a permament singer lke Bilal unless they came up with original music that is not prince relatled. Otherwise, it would seem like he was being replaced. A female vocalist wouldn't bother me as much though because of the gender difference.

CherryMoon57 said:


Same here. I agree that it will be hard to match Prince's charisma but like you've already said, I don't think that's what any of them are aiming for... It would still be good for the Revolution to allow some room to grow by integrating a singer of the same caliber as the musicians. And so vocally I think Jill Jones does have that extensive vocal range and Bilal I guess does too. Another one whose musical background and vocal range would fit well within The Revolution and Prince's music is Jose James. Not only does he understand Prince's music well but he was also born in Minneapolis... There are endless possibilities for the future of the band. It's all about strengthening and gradually passing on the legacy, perhaps to younger members. In any case, I am sincerely hoping The Revolution and Jill Jones will reunite again one day. After all, a lot of their songs are about peace and love...


'Everybody’s looking 4 the answers
How the story started and how it will end
What’s the use in half a story, half a dream
U have 2 climb all of the steps in between'



It wouldn't bother me either way, as long as whoever sings puts their heart into it and try not to just impersonate Prince or dress like him.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #209 posted 12/16/17 3:26am

CherryMoon57

paulludvig said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

But they've stated from the start they don't want to fill that space, that no one can 'recall Prince' in that space. And they don't want anyone to try to.

Think about this too. They like Sheila E(60) and Morris Day(60) are not spring chickens. What the future holds idk. I look for them to do songs from the Dream Factory/SOTT albums and other 'unreleased stuff' and options of singing leads they've already shown they are open to many different people. And I hope and suspect their will be shows with the Family, the Time & Sheila E in the future.

Yeah. They could do It's gonna be a beautiful night. I think Fink has a writing credit on that one. Not sure they could pull that off, asmost of what we here on the album was later overdubbs, but they could try.


That would definitely be one for Jill to sing cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 7 of 16 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Brown Mark's Tweet appeal to Jill Jones