independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 16th Nov 2018 2:39am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Carmen Electra CD Tracklisting
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/08/18 7:53pm

mrfreeze

Carmen Electra CD Tracklisting

I am trying to determine if there were different confirgurations of the Carmen Electra CD released.

I have a retail purchased CD with the CD showing the relesed configuration, and the booklet and jewel case insert showing the 15 June 1992 configuration except for the final track The Juice is not listed.

The listing on PV shows:

15 June 1992 album configuration

Power From Above

Carmen On Top

Go On (Witcha Bad Self)

Fun

S.T.

Go Carmen Go

Good Judy Girlfriend

Fantasia Erotica

Powerline

Just A Little Lovin'

All That

This Is My House

Go Go Dancer

The Juice (CD bonus track only)

====

Can anyone shed some light on what was actually released etc.

[Edited 2/9/18 0:19am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/09/18 6:57pm

TrivialPursuit

Princevault has some info. It says it's unreleased, and a :40 version ended up on NPG Ahdio Show 1.

It was also recorded by Mayte but no version is out, except as noted above.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/09/18 8:37pm

mrfreeze

TrivialPursuit said:

Princevault has some info. It says it's unreleased, and a :40 version ended up on NPG Ahdio Show 1.

It was also recorded by Mayte but no version is out, except as noted above.

The Juice does not actually appear in the booklet or case inlay at all, all the other tracks from that configuration are listed and have the lyrics.

So did Warners Europe have everything printed and then last minute the track configuration changed?

Obviously they changed the booklet and inlay to be correct at some stage, I know of 1 copy that is correct and 2 copies that are not.

So 2 of the 3 buyers of the total CD buyers got a mismatched one..... Yes, I'm saying only 3 people bought the CD in total razz

I actually put it on yesterday to see what tracks were atually on the CD, 10 seconds later it was taken out of the player lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/09/18 8:45pm

heymistermusic

avatar

I have a copy that I received from the radio station I worked for back in '92, and my track listing is like what is listed on PrinceVault:


http://princevault.com/index.php?title=Album:_Carmen_Electra

  1. Go Go Dancer (4:45) 1
  2. Good Judy Girlfriend (1:59) 2
  3. Go On (Witcha Bad Self) (4:09) 3
  4. Step To The Mic (3:16) 4
  5. S.T. (4:03) 5
  6. Fantasia Erotica (4:36) 6
  7. Everybody Get On Up (4:01) 7
  8. Segue (0:29)
  9. Fun (3:42) 6
  10. Just A Little Lovin' (4:02) 8
  11. Segue (0:46)
  12. All That (4:29) 6
  13. Segue (0:12)
  14. This Is My House (3:28) 9

But the most interesting thing about this CD for me is, in her credits where she says to Levi, Tony, Damon, Rosie, Tommy, Sonny, Michael B., Prince & the NPG: "for all your rib-eating', cornbread and collard greens-eatin' greasy finger lickin' funk."



Prince was vegan then wasn't he? According to an interview with "The Vegetarian Times" from October 1997 by Catherine Censor Shemo:

---------------
VT: How, when and why did you and Mayte become vegetarians?

The Artist: I've not eaten red meat for about 10 years now. Mayte for a lot longer. I've always had a preference for all things vegetarian but not until recently did I find out how good they were for you (in a physical sense).
----------------

I'm not looking to start anything, I just found it funny lol There are a couple fun songs on this CD tho. I'd be curious if other versions of this CD hit the market too.

Thanks.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/09/18 9:56pm

mrfreeze

heymistermusic said:

I have a copy that I received from the radio station I worked for back in '92, and my track listing is like what is listed on PrinceVault:


http://princevault.com/index.php?title=Album:_Carmen_Electra

  1. Go Go Dancer (4:45) 1
  2. Good Judy Girlfriend (1:59) 2
  3. Go On (Witcha Bad Self) (4:09) 3
  4. Step To The Mic (3:16) 4
  5. S.T. (4:03) 5
  6. Fantasia Erotica (4:36) 6
  7. Everybody Get On Up (4:01) 7
  8. Segue (0:29)
  9. Fun (3:42) 6
  10. Just A Little Lovin' (4:02) 8
  11. Segue (0:46)
  12. All That (4:29) 6
  13. Segue (0:12)
  14. This Is My House (3:28) 9

But the most interesting thing about this CD for me is, in her credits where she says to Levi, Tony, Damon, Rosie, Tommy, Sonny, Michael B., Prince & the NPG: "for all your rib-eating', cornbread and collard greens-eatin' greasy finger lickin' funk."



Prince was vegan then wasn't he? According to an interview with "The Vegetarian Times" from October 1997 by Catherine Censor Shemo:

---------------
VT: How, when and why did you and Mayte become vegetarians?

The Artist: I've not eaten red meat for about 10 years now. Mayte for a lot longer. I've always had a preference for all things vegetarian but not until recently did I find out how good they were for you (in a physical sense).
----------------

I'm not looking to start anything, I just found it funny lol There are a couple fun songs on this CD tho. I'd be curious if other versions of this CD hit the market too.

Thanks.

Did you receive the CD in '92 as it was released February '93.

While my CD lists the tracks exactly as yours, the booklet and CD inlay are from the June '92 configuration, so that says it was close to being released that way if printig was done etc.

Just trying to fugure out the value of what I have, hopefully it's doubled in value to over the proper released printed one - could be worht $2 now razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/10/18 7:00am

heymistermusic

avatar

mrfreeze

I think you got your CD in '93, and you may have something. discogs lists it as a limited cassette. and you have a CD with some songs that never made it on the publilc release. Do you have a release number on the disc or a catalog number on the disc?


https://www.discogs.com/C...e/10002400

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/11/18 7:52am

jazzz

Discogs lists a promo cassette of the album with contains the track The Juice, so it was released officially in some way (PV need to add that info...)

https://www.discogs.com/C...se/6712742
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/11/18 7:42pm

mrfreeze

heymistermusic said:

mrfreeze

I think you got your CD in '93, and you may have something. discogs lists it as a limited cassette. and you have a CD with some songs that never made it on the publilc release. Do you have a release number on the disc or a catalog number on the disc?


https://www.discogs.com/C...e/10002400

My CD track listing is exatly the same as the released configuration.

The disc itself matches whats on Discogs.

It's the CD booklet and CD tray inlay that have the earlier configuration listed (and lyrics).

BUT then the cat # on the inlay match the released configuration as per discogs.

If the CD itself was the earlier configuration I be happier, just not sure how to value something like this, especially as I know of 1 other copy out there with the same "wrong" booklet and card inlay.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/11/18 7:45pm

mrfreeze

jazzz said:

Discogs lists a promo cassette of the album with contains the track The Juice, so it was released officially in some way (PV need to add that info...) https://www.discogs.com/C...se/6712742

The disc I have seems to have booklet and card tray inlay matching this promo configuration except no mention of promo on it and Cat # matches what was officially released.

It's as if someone forgot to destroy the old booklet and instead used them to get rid of them.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/14/18 9:30pm

databank

avatar

jazzz said:

Discogs lists a promo cassette of the album with contains the track The Juice, so it was released officially in some way (PV need to add that info...)

https://www.discogs.com/C...se/6712742

It's bot a promo bur an in-house cassette (= never meant 4 the public).
As far as I know no alternate version of the album was ever made available in either commercial or promo form. Bootlegs of earlier configs exist, though, so I would assume any such config is a boot.
What MrFreeze has is likely to be a boot and this can be cleared by posting pictures of the actual product.
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/15/18 12:27pm

NorthC

heymistermusic said:

I have a copy that I received from the radio station I worked for back in '92, and my track listing is like what is listed on PrinceVault:


http://princevault.com/index.php?title=Album:_Carmen_Electra


  1. Go Go Dancer (4:45) 1

  2. Good Judy Girlfriend (1:59) 2

  3. Go On (Witcha Bad Self) (4:09) 3

  4. Step To The Mic (3:16) 4

  5. S.T. (4:03) 5

  6. Fantasia Erotica (4:36) 6

  7. Everybody Get On Up (4:01) 7

  8. Segue (0:29)

  9. Fun (3:42) 6

  10. Just A Little Lovin' (4:02) 8

  11. Segue (0:46)

  12. All That (4:29) 6

  13. Segue (0:12)

  14. This Is My House (3:28) 9



But the most interesting thing about this CD for me is, in her credits where she says to Levi, Tony, Damon, Rosie, Tommy, Sonny, Michael B., Prince & the NPG: "for all your rib-eating', cornbread and collard greens-eatin' greasy finger lickin' funk."





Prince was vegan then wasn't he? According to an interview with "The Vegetarian Times" from October 1997 by Catherine Censor Shemo:

-----
VT: How, when and why did you and Mayte become vegetarians?

The Artist: I've not eaten red meat for about 10 years now. Mayte for a lot longer. I've always had a preference for all things vegetarian but not until recently did I find out how good they were for you (in a physical sense).
-----

I'm not looking to start anything, I just found it funny lol There are a couple fun songs on this CD tho. I'd be curious if other versions of this CD hit the market too.

Thanks.


Not eating red meat is not the same as being vegan. Also, this was the version of the album that was released. All the other tracks are available only on bootlegs.
Funny thing, I really hated her live show as the opening act for the Diamonds & Pearls tour, but I actually like the album.
[Edited 2/15/18 12:31pm]
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/18/18 4:28am

mrfreeze

databank said:

jazzz said:
Discogs lists a promo cassette of the album with contains the track The Juice, so it was released officially in some way (PV need to add that info...) https://www.discogs.com/C...se/6712742
It's bot a promo bur an in-house cassette (= never meant 4 the public). As far as I know no alternate version of the album was ever made available in either commercial or promo form. Bootlegs of earlier configs exist, though, so I would assume any such config is a boot. What MrFreeze has is likely to be a boot and this can be cleared by posting pictures of the actual product.

Definatly not a boot, it is a Warners CD and Jewel Case.

CD is correct.

Booklet and rear card inlay lists track from the 2nd configuration.

I bought the CD in Australia from a local record store.

Anothe person I know bought his copy in New Zealand and I know of a third copy someone has in Europe.

I'll post photo's once I figure out how to do it smile

It's late and I want sleep so here is a link to the images

https://mrfreeze.smugmug....ralian-CD/

[Edited 2/18/18 4:50am]

[Edited 2/18/18 4:52am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/18/18 3:47pm

databank

avatar

mrfreeze said:



databank said:


jazzz said:
Discogs lists a promo cassette of the album with contains the track The Juice, so it was released officially in some way (PV need to add that info...) https://www.discogs.com/C...se/6712742

It's bot a promo bur an in-house cassette (= never meant 4 the public). As far as I know no alternate version of the album was ever made available in either commercial or promo form. Bootlegs of earlier configs exist, though, so I would assume any such config is a boot. What MrFreeze has is likely to be a boot and this can be cleared by posting pictures of the actual product.


Definatly not a boot, it is a Warners CD and Jewel Case.


CD is correct.


Booklet and rear card inlay lists track from the 2nd configuration.



I bought the CD in Australia from a local record store.


Anothe person I know bought his copy in New Zealand and I know of a third copy someone has in Europe.



I'll post photo's once I figure out how to do it smile



It's late and I want sleep so here is a link to the images


https://mrfreeze.smugmug....ralian-CD/



[Edited 2/18/18 4:50am]

[Edited 2/18/18 4:52am]


It looks genuine alright. This is the most extraordinary discovery as as far as I know this misprint wasn't known to exist and I certainly never ran into it in any French record store. Your theory seems the most likely: the record was ready to go in June 92 and somehow the original booklet ended up on some copies. What you absolutely need 2 do is check the actual content of the CD. If it's the released version the rare misprint will anyway make it a valuable collectible but if the music is the first config (unlikely but who knows), it could considerably boost its value.
This thread has to be moved to Music and more, it has no business being in Associated Artists.
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/21/18 12:28pm

jungleluv

I don't own Carmen's album and would like 2 know does she sing any of the songs, or does she just rap on all of them?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/22/18 2:53am

mrfreeze

databank said:

mrfreeze said:

Definatly not a boot, it is a Warners CD and Jewel Case.

CD is correct.

Booklet and rear card inlay lists track from the 2nd configuration.

I bought the CD in Australia from a local record store.

Anothe person I know bought his copy in New Zealand and I know of a third copy someone has in Europe.

I'll post photo's once I figure out how to do it smile

It's late and I want sleep so here is a link to the images

https://mrfreeze.smugmug....ralian-CD/

[Edited 2/18/18 4:50am]

[Edited 2/18/18 4:52am]

It looks genuine alright. This is the most extraordinary discovery as as far as I know this misprint wasn't known to exist and I certainly never ran into it in any French record store. Your theory seems the most likely: the record was ready to go in June 92 and somehow the original booklet ended up on some copies. What you absolutely need 2 do is check the actual content of the CD. If it's the released version the rare misprint will anyway make it a valuable collectible but if the music is the first config (unlikely but who knows), it could considerably boost its value. This thread has to be moved to Music and more, it has no business being in Associated Artists.

Songs on CD are definatly the released configuration which matches the track listing printed on the CD.

All my Purple and related items are in the process of being sold off, and just trying to put a value on what I have, looks like it has doubled invalue to $2 then razz

[Edited 2/22/18 2:54am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/22/18 2:55am

mrfreeze

jungleluv said:

I don't own Carmen's album and would like 2 know does she sing any of the songs, or does she just rap on all of them?

I can not get past th first 5-10 seconds of any song so I can not help you there lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/22/18 3:02am

databank

avatar

mrfreeze said:

databank said:

mrfreeze said: It looks genuine alright. This is the most extraordinary discovery as as far as I know this misprint wasn't known to exist and I certainly never ran into it in any French record store. Your theory seems the most likely: the record was ready to go in June 92 and somehow the original booklet ended up on some copies. What you absolutely need 2 do is check the actual content of the CD. If it's the released version the rare misprint will anyway make it a valuable collectible but if the music is the first config (unlikely but who knows), it could considerably boost its value. This thread has to be moved to Music and more, it has no business being in Associated Artists.

Songs on CD are definatly the released configuration which matches the track listing printed on the CD.

All my Purple and related items are in the process of being sold off, and just trying to put a value on what I have, looks like it has doubled invalue to $2 then razz

[Edited 2/22/18 2:54am]

Depending how rare it is, it may cost much more than that. I may be mistaken in believing this misprint is extremely rare but if there are only a few dozen copies in circulation as I suspect, I think it can go for anything between a few dozens to a few hundred bucks. I'd say give it a shot on ebay with a start price of maybe 30 bucks and see what happens. Back in 2010 the most expensive item I sold when I sold my collection was Rave In2 and ONA for 100 euros each. But ever since, prices have been going up like crazy.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/22/18 3:04am

databank

avatar

jungleluv said:

I don't own Carmen's album and would like 2 know does she sing any of the songs, or does she just rap on all of them?

She raps.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Carmen Electra CD Tracklisting