independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 19th Nov 2018 12:39pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Mavis Staples' secret 1989 Paisley Park single: "Christmas Vacation"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/27/18 9:48am

databank

avatar

Mavis Staples' secret 1989 Paisley Park single: "Christmas Vacation"

Never knew about it:

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Mavis-Staples-Christmas-Vacation/release/12714060

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Mavis-Staples-Christmas-Vacation/release/2726336

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK0dLH8HxPA

eek eek eek

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/27/18 9:50am

databank

avatar

Was also the b-side on one Time Waits For No One single release: https://www.discogs.com/f...se/2920135

Not on the Fun With Vinyls collections.

I have no clue how I managed to miss this for so many years!!

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/28/18 10:25am

trickster

databank said:

Never knew about it:

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Mavis-Staples-Christmas-Vacation/release/12714060

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Mavis-Staples-Christmas-Vacation/release/2726336

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK0dLH8HxPA

eek eek eek

you never saw the movie?? The full song is on the end... i love the movie and the song wink

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/28/18 2:16pm

databank

avatar

trickster said:



databank said:


Never knew about it:


https://www.discogs.com/fr/Mavis-Staples-Christmas-Vacation/release/12714060


https://www.discogs.com/fr/Mavis-Staples-Christmas-Vacation/release/2726336


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK0dLH8HxPA


eek eek eek



you never saw the movie?? The full song is on the end... i love the movie and the song wink


No, this film séries was pretty much ignored in France, I only heard of it some years back thanks to the internet, and still haven't watched any of them.
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/28/18 11:48pm

toots

avatar

databank said:

trickster said:



databank said:


Never knew about it:


https://www.discogs.com/fr/Mavis-Staples-Christmas-Vacation/release/12714060


https://www.discogs.com/fr/Mavis-Staples-Christmas-Vacation/release/2726336


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK0dLH8HxPA


eek eek eek



you never saw the movie?? The full song is on the end... i love the movie and the song wink


No, this film séries was pretty much ignored in France, I only heard of it some years back thanks to the internet, and still haven't watched any of them.

It's a Chrismas staple here in the USA....I watch it every year since it's been out it's funny as hell...
My favorite line is: "The sh*tter was full" falloff
[Edited 10/28/18 23:50pm]
Smurf theme song-seriously how many fucking "La Las" can u fit into a dam song wall
Proud Wendy and Lisa Fancy Lesbian asskisser thumbs up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/29/18 2:55am

databank

avatar

toots said:

databank said:
No, this film séries was pretty much ignored in France, I only heard of it some years back thanks to the internet, and still haven't watched any of them.
It's a Chrismas staple here in the USA....I watch it every year since it's been out it's funny as hell... My favorite line is: "The sh*tter was full" falloff [Edited 10/28/18 23:50pm]

Yeah, I wanna watch those Lampoon classics now. I downloaded Animal House for a start ^^

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/29/18 11:48am

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

databank said:

Not on the Fun With Vinyls collections.
I have no clue how I managed to miss this for so many years!!


I knew it was Mavis Staples back then when I first saw the movie. I only really knew of her from the Time Waits for no one video. I also had a 12'' promo for the song.
I never knew Christmas Vacation had a single till it was posted on Fun With Vinyls webite (got my copy in FLAC) lol
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/30/18 12:03am

databank

avatar

FragileUndertow said:

databank said:
Not on the Fun With Vinyls collections. I have no clue how I managed to miss this for so many years!!
I knew it was Mavis Staples back then when I first saw the movie. I only really knew of her from the Time Waits for no one video. I also had a 12'' promo for the song. I never knew Christmas Vacation had a single till it was posted on Fun With Vinyls webite (got my copy in FLAC) lol

Ah so it is on the FWV website. Haven't checked that one in ages.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/30/18 9:08am

scratchtasia

databank said:

Ah so it is on the FWV website. Haven't checked that one in ages.


Sadly, it is defunct.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/30/18 9:35am

databank

avatar

scratchtasia said:

databank said:

Ah so it is on the FWV website. Haven't checked that one in ages.


Sadly, it is defunct.

sad sad sad

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/30/18 11:16am

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

scratchtasia said:

databank said:

Ah so it is on the FWV website. Haven't checked that one in ages.


Sadly, it is defunct.

Yeah its gone sad

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Mavis Staples' secret 1989 Paisley Park single: "Christmas Vacation"