independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 21st Aug 2017 3:18am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 10 Under Rated Prince Songs
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/02/17 9:06pm

feeluupp

10 Under Rated Prince Songs

Post 10 Prince songs that you think are some what "under rated" in whatever way weither it's critically or commercially amongs fans.

Only songs released on albums count, no vault material.

- CRAZY YOU

- NEW POSITION

- BEAUTIFUL STRANGE

- WASTED KISSES

- STICKY LIKE GLUE

- LEMON CRUSH

- POWER FANTASTIC

- INTO THE LIGHT

- 2MORROW

- DARK

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/02/17 9:48pm

Laydown

Crucial.Under the cherry moon.2 nigs united 4 west compton.Annie christian.Had u.Extraordinary.The ride.The rainbow children.North.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/02/17 9:51pm

purplerabbitho
le

Been listening to his more recent music lately????? LOL There are so many underrated Prince songs by the general public so I will keep it to the fans. ..

Power Fantastic was written by W and L. Great song though.

-Beautiful Strange (I agree)

-When I lay my hands on you..(live and studio, but especially live). Blending God and Sex (and rough sex at that). WOW. The lyrics are odd and compelling.

--The Future (damn, I love that song)

--Dark (I agree...awesome stuff)

-- Time

--Love (from 3121)

--Glasscutter (old school and fun as hell. And dirty.)

--Laveaux (I enjoy the lyrics)

--June (to me this song is about a dude making spaghetti on the day of his birth ( a day he doesn't celebrate), thinking about his life yet detached from it, lonely, missing his girlfriend who is an enigma to him and feeling unable to communicate). this song should have been on AOA.

--Comeback/Dionne (I am cheating her, but I love the Truth album).

feeluupp said:

Post 10 Prince songs that you think are some what "under rated" in whatever way weither it's critically or commercially amongs fans.

Only songs released on albums count, no vault material.

- CRAZY YOU

- NEW POSITION

- BEAUTIFUL STRANGE

- WASTED KISSES

- STICKY LIKE GLUE

- LEMON CRUSH

- POWER FANTASTIC

- INTO THE LIGHT

- 2MORROW

- DARK

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/02/17 11:42pm

soladeo1

Partyup
I Love U But I Don't Trust U Anymore
International Lover
Anotherloverholenyohead
Everywhere
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/03/17 12:42am

dodger

These opinion threads always end up with people getting ridiculed for their choices, but I'll play..off the top of my head
.
And God Created Woman
It's About That Walk
The Good Life
The Exodus Has Begun
Billy Jack Bitch
Shhh
Acknowledge Me
If I Was The Man In Ur Life
$
Free Urself
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/03/17 3:57am

mdmeridius

In my opinion:
• Ronnie, Talk To Russia
• Jack U Off
• Something In The Water (Does Not Compute)
• Tamborine
• Under The Cherry Moon
• It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night
• Lemon Crush
• Thunder
• Push
• We March
Must be something in the water we drink.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/03/17 4:44am

Guitarhero

avatar

soladeo1 said:

Partyup I Love U But I Don't Trust U Anymore International Lover Anotherloverholenyohead Everywhere

Wow is Partyup and Anotherlover under rated on the org love those songs.

Love4OneAnother heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/03/17 6:39am

RJOrion

Sweet Baby
Arrogance
My Love Is Forever
My Medallion
Hypnoparadise
Its Gonna Be Lonely
Annie Christian
In Love
And God Created Woman
2 Nigz United 4 West Compton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/03/17 6:45am

muleFunk

avatar

Hot Thing

Bambi

Computer Blue

Electric Chair

Anna Stesia

Adore

Free

$

Way Back Home

Another Love

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/03/17 7:13am

feeluupp

muleFunk said:

Hot Thing

Bambi

Computer Blue

Electric Chair

Anna Stesia

Adore

Free

$

Way Back Home

Another Love

I doubt those songs are under rated here... As a matter of fact those are some of his highest praised songs amongst his fans and critics...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/03/17 7:43am

RJOrion

feeluupp said:



muleFunk said:


Hot Thing


Bambi


Computer Blue


Electric Chair


Anna Stesia


Adore


Free


$


Way Back Home


Another Love




I doubt those songs are under rated here... As a matter of fact those are some of his highest praised songs amongst his fans and critics...



word...damn near the whole list is classics
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/03/17 9:29am

muleFunk

avatar

RJOrion said:

feeluupp said:

I doubt those songs are under rated here... As a matter of fact those are some of his highest praised songs amongst his fans and critics...

word...damn near the whole list is classics

To us....... CLASSIC

To the ordinary fan ........ they don't know about them.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/03/17 9:57am

bonatoc

avatar

Dead On It
From the intro to the fade-out, this is pure comedy genius.
Never understood the ones taking it seriously.

Jughead
"Push" is the real weak track on D&P.

Funknroll (AOA)
Prince meets Daft Punk, what's not to like?

Temptation
Utter perfection.

The following have some naysayers, to whom I shout "yay!":
Another Lonely Christmas
Moonbeam Levels
Sweet Baby
Tamborine
Positivity
Now




Africa, Cap'n Crunch, Norma Jean, Sex and Cheerio's
Play my record double speed, feel the climax fit 4 a king
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/03/17 1:53pm

26ten

Oh man - bunch of stuff on Emancipation alone - there are over 10 heavily underrated songs in that set easily. They're just buried in there.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/03/17 5:18pm

Adorecream

avatar

My ones and my opinion - no order

.

1. In Love - Always overlooked in place of Soft and Wet

2. Sexy Dancer - Gets some love, but not the love it desrves as the best song on Prince

3. International Lover - This supreme sexy ballad is the natural successor to Do Me Baby

4. Baby I'm a star - One of his most joyous and upbeat songs ever made!

5. Around the World in a day - The song has one of the best melodies and greatest selection of instruments on a Prince track ever.

6. Daddy Pop - Joyous and Groovy jam with cool lyrics.

7. Dark - 1st rate she done me wrong soul ballad and great horns too

8. Satisfied - Another standard out soulful sex ballad

9. This could be us - Beautiful and sexy pillow talk ballad, one of his finest

10. She gave her angels - Beautiful and heartfelt ballad, mushiness is saved by his voice and arrangements.

.

Nearly made the cut - Strays of the world - The arrangements and overproduction really work here for a change.

Where I come from, we don't give a damn, we do whatever we please!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/03/17 5:30pm

jdcxc

#1 Underrated- Dionne!!!!!

For You

Sister

Sexuality

Paisley Park

Anotherloverholenyohead

Under the Cherry Moon

Its About That Walk

When the Lights Come Down

Mad Sex
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/03/17 9:30pm

luvgirl

Baltimore
Continental
Here
Push It Up
Do It All Night
In Love
New World
Get Yo Groove On
Free Urself
I Don't want To Leave You (The Time-written by Prince)
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/04/17 3:40am

Adorecream

avatar

I have noticed nearly every list has completely different songs and I seem to agree with most of them. They make us remember how much of a genius Prince was. We are not talking about 5 good songs or 20 good songs, even 100, but probably at least 500 songs by Prince, official and vault material which would be considered at least good by Prince standards and amazing by everyone else.

.

Some people have mentioned songs I haven't, mainly as I do not think that they are that under appreciated, but I still agree are great songs. Beautiful strange for instance, that song for me saves the whole late 90s, that thing is just incredible, perfect and weird all in one.

Where I come from, we don't give a damn, we do whatever we please!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/04/17 8:31am

stpaisios

avatar

Supercute

Last December

Prettyman

Man 'O' War

The Dance

Dig U Better Dead

Come

And God Created Women

Future Soul Song

Revelation

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/04/17 8:59am

Mintchip

avatar

Dionne

The Same December

Dreamin’ About U

Hallucination Rain

3121

Illusion, Coma, Pimp, Circumstance

Blue Light

Avalanche

Family Name

Golden Parachute

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/04/17 9:49am

gandorb

Avalanche
The Ladder
When I Lay My Hands on You
Beginning Endlessly
Temptation
Big City
Mad Sexx
One Night Alone
Man O' War
Strays of the World
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/04/17 10:14am

alb69

push it up razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/04/17 12:18pm

stpaisios

avatar

The Word

Sweet Baby

Wherever U Go, Whatever U Do

Xpedition

Valentina

Hardrocklover

This Could Be Us

One Kiss At A Time

Acknowledge Me

Live 4 Love

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/04/17 6:27pm

214

Dark and SITWDC

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/04/17 7:17pm

thegamecock

avatar

dodger said:

These opinion threads always end up with people getting ridiculed for their choices, but I'll play..off the top of my head . And God Created Woman It's About That Walk The Good Life The Exodus Has Begun Billy Jack Bitch Shhh Acknowledge Me If I Was The Man In Ur Life $ Free Urself


Agree 100% on AGCW..... insane vocal harmonies therein, some of his finest IMO..... From the same LP, I might add Love 2 the 9s here as well, minus the "interview" portion. The tune itself is gorgeous and very unique.

[Edited 6/4/17 19:17pm]

[Edited 6/4/17 19:18pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/05/17 6:29am

carnalflower

avatar

When We're Dancing Close and Slow - the Montreux '13 show really brought home to me what fucking fantastic tune this is. I'm mean, I always liked it.. but that version was everything and more.
Something in the Water (Does Not Compute)
Dark
Stare
We Can Funk - imma cheat a little and qualify 'not the album version'
It
Strange Relationship
Space
What's My Name
Endorphinmachine

I've got more, but that is 10
sitting in this cafe
waiting on my baby
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/05/17 5:27pm

kaine

Power Fantastic was based on a song written by W&L but P rewrote it. It's my all time favorite P song.

purplerabbithole said:

Been listening to his more recent music lately????? LOL There are so many underrated Prince songs by the general public so I will keep it to the fans. ..



Power Fantastic was written by W and L. Great song though.



-Beautiful Strange (I agree)


-When I lay my hands on you..(live and studio, but especially live). Blending God and Sex (and rough sex at that). WOW. The lyrics are odd and compelling.


--The Future (damn, I love that song)


--Dark (I agree...awesome stuff)


-- Time


--Love (from 3121)


--Glasscutter (old school and fun as hell. And dirty.)


--Laveaux (I enjoy the lyrics)


--June (to me this song is about a dude making spaghetti on the day of his birth ( a day he doesn't celebrate), thinking about his life yet detached from it, lonely, missing his girlfriend who is an enigma to him and feeling unable to communicate). this song should have been on AOA.


--Comeback/Dionne (I am cheating her, but I love the Truth album).






feeluupp said:


Post 10 Prince songs that you think are some what "under rated" in whatever way weither it's critically or commercially amongs fans.


Only songs released on albums count, no vault material.





- CRAZY YOU


- NEW POSITION


- BEAUTIFUL STRANGE


- WASTED KISSES


- STICKY LIKE GLUE


- LEMON CRUSH


- POWER FANTASTIC


- INTO THE LIGHT


- 2MORROW


- DARK




1980-Present
First album bought: Controversy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/05/17 7:28pm

206Michelle

- Let's Have a Baby

- Live 4 Love

- Venus de Milo - Great jazzy composition

- Black Muse

- Free

- Do It All Night

- Sweet Baby

- Friend Lover Sister Mother/Wife

- Still Would Stand All Time

- Dark

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/05/17 7:37pm

206Michelle

thegamecock said:

dodger said:

These opinion threads always end up with people getting ridiculed for their choices, but I'll play..off the top of my head . And God Created Woman It's About That Walk The Good Life The Exodus Has Begun Billy Jack Bitch Shhh Acknowledge Me If I Was The Man In Ur Life $ Free Urself


Agree 100% on AGCW..... insane vocal harmonies therein, some of his finest IMO..... From the same LP, I might add Love 2 the 9s here as well, minus the "interview" portion. The tune itself is gorgeous and very unique.

[Edited 6/4/17 19:17pm]

[Edited 6/4/17 19:18pm]

I didn't put AGCW on my list because others have listed it already. He has so many underrated songs, it was hard to choose jsut 10. I would agree that AGCW and L2T9s are both great songs. There are many songs on prince that I think are underrated---Blue Light, Sweet Baby, Damn U, The Morning Papers.

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/05/17 9:14pm

radicalrojo

The Continental (a masterpiece imo)

Sex in the Summer

Call My Name

Time

18 & Over

1+1+1 is 3 (near perfect, 'cept for those weird ass lyrics)

Sexuality

Peace

Billy Jack Bitch

Batdance (The Batmix, not the original)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 10 Under Rated Prince Songs