independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 28th Jun 2017 12:20pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince don't support nobody unless it's for monetary self gain
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/18/17 3:09pm

liljojo

Prince don't support nobody unless it's for monetary self gain

This was said HERE on this board. Think I'm playing then click on the link below

http://prince.org/msg/8/443205

So I want to know what have Prince done in support for everyone and the black community. I tried to explain his words from the 1998 BET interview.

So did Prince support the inner cities, try to help out with the sweatshop (Prince said slavery but I would like to use sweatshop) entertainment industry and give back or was it all for fame and fortune?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/18/17 3:47pm

langebleu

avatar

moderator

Most behaviours are multidetermined and we will never know for sure the motivations behind his decisions to support somebody.


There is the possibility that charitable support, for example, may have had financial advantages for the donor, but it's a matter of record that Prince gave support to causes without any wish for his apparent philanthropy to be acknowledged or attributed to him in public.

Put another way, there is evidence that he chose to give financially without any wish to reap public recognition and possibly any financial goodwill that may result.


ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/18/17 4:25pm

Doozer

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/18/17 7:42pm

twinnies

avatar

Prince gave to causes, charities, etc. to people who he believed needed the money the most and he NEVER wanted anyone to EVER know the money came from him. He did not give money or anything to make a financial gain for himself. That's the kind of giving person he was.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/18/17 10:03pm

MNredandblue

Prince donated a LOT to various programs, charities and schools (music programs in particular) in the state of Minnesota and beyond, and did it anonymously. Many of these recipients benefited from regular contributions/donations, but they didn't know where the money was coming from until the donations stopped after his death. Although I think some of them had their suspicions before.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/19/17 1:29am

laurarichardso
n

liljojo said:

This was said HERE on this board. Think I'm playing then click on the link below


http://prince.org/msg/8/443205

So I want to know what have Prince done in support for everyone and the black community. I tried to explain his words from the 1998 BET interview.

So did Prince support the inner cities, try to help out with the sweatshop (Prince said slavery but I would like to use sweatshop) entertainment industry and give back or was it all for fame and fortune?


--Do a internet search for Prince and charity he gave loads of money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/19/17 1:58am

databank

avatar

Prince indeed don't support nobody... anymore... Liljojo I'm sorry to be the one breaking it to you but Prince passed on April 21, 2016 sad

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/19/17 2:22am

james

avatar

Van Jones talks about Prince's charity work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEppqdoSyW8

.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj-53npYU9k

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/19/17 2:42am

Laydown

liljojo said:

This was said HERE on this board. Think I'm playing then click on the link below

http://prince.org/msg/8/443205

So I want to know what have Prince done in support for everyone and the black community. I tried to explain his words from the 1998 BET interview.

So did Prince support the inner cities, try to help out with the sweatshop (Prince said slavery but I would like to use sweatshop) entertainment industry and give back or was it all for fame and fortune?

wake up

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/19/17 4:27am

laurarichardso
n

databank said:

Prince indeed don't support nobody... anymore... Liljojo I'm sorry to be the one breaking it to you but Prince passed on April 21, 2016 sad

Two of his charities are still functioning so you need to back up.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/19/17 5:48am

PURPLEIZED3121

clearly a bait thread..either that or the OP is just plain stupid? Mods lock this shit up please.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/19/17 5:53am

laytonian

.
I'm blocked here from using my internet connection (can only use my phone) and this shit is OK?
.
[Edited 6/19/17 10:30am]
We had fun, didn't we?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/19/17 6:40am

thedoorkeeper

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

clearly a bait thread..either that or the OP is just plain stupid? Mods lock this shit up please.


I'm thinking it's a case of just plain stupid. biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/19/17 6:57am

databank

avatar

laurarichardson said:

databank said:

Prince indeed don't support nobody... anymore... Liljojo I'm sorry to be the one breaking it to you but Prince passed on April 21, 2016 sad

Two of his charities are still functioning so you need to back up.

I will. Instantly. Just gimme a sec I gotta go wash my hands first, but as soon as...

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/19/17 7:00am

Bodhitheblackd
og

thedoorkeeper said:

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

clearly a bait thread..either that or the OP is just plain stupid? Mods lock this shit up please.

I'm thinking it's a case of just plain stupid. biggrin

I respectfully, to both Prince and the outraged Org members above, disagree. I remember first reading about the much touted $12,000 check Prince signed to save a black library and thinking, 12K?...from a man who's a multi-millionaire? Then I saw the disbursements from his charity (forgot which one) in the estate thread: 30K here, 50K there...from a man who's a multi-millionaire, and I thought...convenient tax deductions against earned income...not powerful statements of trying to do good. I have read that Prince throughout the years, made many annonymous charitable donations and that's to his credit, but he did no estate planning to ensure his considerable wealth went to charities of his choice instead of the state and federal government. He 'generously' allowed various friends and family members to live in modest homes he still owned. Why not just gift them with the damn deed? Why didn't he ensure that the many, long-term musicans who made real music with him and whom he extolled had comfortable retirement plans and medical coverage? Why didn't he provide more generously for the mother of his lost son so she is not selling t-shirts at her belly dancing classes and can afford to build a standing structure for her pet rescue mission? Respect to Liljojo for giving me the courage to post this.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/19/17 7:21am

Superfan1984

Bodhitheblackdog said:

thedoorkeeper said:

PURPLEIZED3121 said: I'm thinking it's a case of just plain stupid. biggrin

I respectfully, to both Prince and the outraged Org members above, disagree. I remember first reading about the much touted $12,000 check Prince signed to save a black library and thinking, 12K?...from a man who's a multi-millionaire? Then I saw the disbursements from his charity (forgot which one) in the estate thread: 30K here, 50K there...from a man who's a multi-millionaire, and I thought...convenient tax deductions against earned income...not powerful statements of trying to do good. I have read that Prince throughout the years, made many annonymous charitable donations and that's to his credit, but he did no estate planning to ensure his considerable wealth went to charities of his choice instead of the state and federal government. He 'generously' allowed various friends and family members to live in modest homes he still owned. Why not just gift them with the damn deed? Why didn't he ensure that the many, long-term musicans who made real music with him and whom he extolled had comfortable retirement plans and medical coverage? Why didn't he provide more generously for the mother of his lost son so she is not selling t-shirts at her belly dancing classes and can afford to build a standing structure for her pet rescue mission? Respect to Liljojo for giving me the courage to post this.

confused This is all true. Anyone who argues that it isn't just isn't being honest. It is one of the things about Prince that is confusing. On the one hand, I love Prince but on the other, this I've never understood.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/19/17 7:22am

laurarichardso
n

Bodhitheblackdog said:

thedoorkeeper said:

PURPLEIZED3121 said: I'm thinking it's a case of just plain stupid. biggrin

I respectfully, to both Prince and the outraged Org members above, disagree. I remember first reading about the much touted $12,000 check Prince signed to save a black library and thinking, 12K?...from a man who's a multi-millionaire? Then I saw the disbursements from his charity (forgot which one) in the estate thread: 30K here, 50K there...from a man who's a multi-millionaire, and I thought...convenient tax deductions against earned income...not powerful statements of trying to do good. I have read that Prince throughout the years, made many annonymous charitable donations and that's to his credit, but he did no estate planning to ensure his considerable wealth went to charities of his choice instead of the state and federal government. He 'generously' allowed various friends and family members to live in modest homes he still owned. Why not just gift them with the damn deed? Why didn't he ensure that the many, long-term musicans who made real music with him and whom he extolled had comfortable retirement plans and medical coverage? Why didn't he provide more generously for the mother of his lost son so she is not selling t-shirts at her belly dancing classes and can afford to build a standing structure for her pet rescue mission? Respect to Liljojo for giving me the courage to post this.

"Why didn't he ensure that the many, long-term musicans who made real music with him and whom he extolled had comfortable retirement plans and medical coverage? Why didn't he provide more generously for the mother of his lost son so she is not selling t-shirts at her belly dancing classes and can afford to build a standing structure for her pet rescue mission?"

Not sure how charitable giving is supporting grown ass people who should be working, saving or investing their income for retirement or illness. Not Prince's job.

Tyka owns her house outright and I doubt the other sibs would have held on to homes for long if they were their sole responsibility. We have no idea if Prince's sibs are or were fiscally responsible people. Prince would have had a better idea then we would.

He gave millions to charity out of his own pocket as well through L4OA. You can do a simple Goggle search and read all about it. Two of his charities he started with seed money are still fucntioning.

Those charities provide job training and a means for people to have affordable energy, develop a business and actully in the case of Urban gardening providing afforable healthy food.

You know not just throwing money at able bodied people.

[Edited 6/19/17 7:22am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/19/17 7:35am

rdhull

avatar

Perfect way to demonize the dead. Awesome job.
What would we do without all these jerks anyway? Besides, all our friends are here.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/19/17 7:49am

Guitarhero

avatar

rdhull said:

Perfect way to demonize the dead. Awesome job.

Been happening here alot lately confused

Love4OneAnother heart


Violence is never the answer Annteefa.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/19/17 8:26am

sonshine

avatar

laurarichardson said:



Bodhitheblackdog said:




thedoorkeeper said:


PURPLEIZED3121 said: I'm thinking it's a case of just plain stupid. biggrin

I respectfully, to both Prince and the outraged Org members above, disagree. I remember first reading about the much touted $12,000 check Prince signed to save a black library and thinking, 12K?...from a man who's a multi-millionaire? Then I saw the disbursements from his charity (forgot which one) in the estate thread: 30K here, 50K there...from a man who's a multi-millionaire, and I thought...convenient tax deductions against earned income...not powerful statements of trying to do good. I have read that Prince throughout the years, made many annonymous charitable donations and that's to his credit, but he did no estate planning to ensure his considerable wealth went to charities of his choice instead of the state and federal government. He 'generously' allowed various friends and family members to live in modest homes he still owned. Why not just gift them with the damn deed? Why didn't he ensure that the many, long-term musicans who made real music with him and whom he extolled had comfortable retirement plans and medical coverage? Why didn't he provide more generously for the mother of his lost son so she is not selling t-shirts at her belly dancing classes and can afford to build a standing structure for her pet rescue mission? Respect to Liljojo for giving me the courage to post this.





"Why didn't he ensure that the many, long-term musicans who made real music with him and whom he extolled had comfortable retirement plans and medical coverage? Why didn't he provide more generously for the mother of his lost son so she is not selling t-shirts at her belly dancing classes and can afford to build a standing structure for her pet rescue mission?"





Not sure how charitable giving is supporting grown ass people who should be working, saving or investing their income for retirement or illness. Not Prince's job.



Tyka owns her house outright and I doubt the other sibs would have held on to homes for long if they were their sole responsibility. We have no idea if Prince's sibs are or were fiscally responsible people. Prince would have had a better idea then we would.



He gave millions to charity out of his own pocket as well through L4OA. You can do a simple Goggle search and read all about it. Two of his charities he started with seed money are still fucntioning.



Those charities provide job training and a means for people to have affordable energy, develop a business and actully in the case of Urban gardening providing afforable healthy food.



You know not just throwing money at able bodied people.



[Edited 6/19/17 7:22am]


With regards to employees and dissolved marriages there are certain legal and morsl obligations that are expected. This is common practice. Doesn't matter if you like it or not. Thats just the way it is. And it should be. Sad that the legal system has to get involved to ensure people do the right thing.
"My music will tell you more about me than I ever will." ~ Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/19/17 8:50am

laurarichardso
n

sonshine said:

laurarichardson said:

"Why didn't he ensure that the many, long-term musicans who made real music with him and whom he extolled had comfortable retirement plans and medical coverage? Why didn't he provide more generously for the mother of his lost son so she is not selling t-shirts at her belly dancing classes and can afford to build a standing structure for her pet rescue mission?"

Not sure how charitable giving is supporting grown ass people who should be working, saving or investing their income for retirement or illness. Not Prince's job.

Tyka owns her house outright and I doubt the other sibs would have held on to homes for long if they were their sole responsibility. We have no idea if Prince's sibs are or were fiscally responsible people. Prince would have had a better idea then we would.

He gave millions to charity out of his own pocket as well through L4OA. You can do a simple Goggle search and read all about it. Two of his charities he started with seed money are still fucntioning.

Those charities provide job training and a means for people to have affordable energy, develop a business and actully in the case of Urban gardening providing afforable healthy food.

You know not just throwing money at able bodied people.

[Edited 6/19/17 7:22am]

With regards to employees and dissolved marriages there are certain legal and morsl obligations that are expected. This is common practice. Doesn't matter if you like it or not. Thats just the way it is. And it should be. Sad that the legal system has to get involved to ensure people do the right thing.

1) Prince had no legal or moral obligations to his ex-wives other than what a court proceeding would have ordered him to do. As far as we know he complied with court orders. Neither wife has a right to just expect that he would have left them money or gave them more that a court ordered. I think Prince explained it well in the second divorce. You do not get to live the Prince lifestyle without being married to Prince.

2) I am almost certain that musicians and protégées’ are work for hire. They are not entitled to any benefits or money once that time on a project is over. I am pretty sure most musicians are aware of this and we have plenty of stories of Prince helping other musicians out who down on their luck or just helping them with legal advice per his attorneys for their label issue.

3) My points have nothing to do with my likes or dislikes. They have everything to do with the laws and the fact that from what we know about Prince he liked giving a hand up and not so much a hand out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/19/17 8:51am

laurarichardso
n

rdhull said:

Perfect way to demonize the dead. Awesome job.

Well plenty of information exsist to insure the Prince will not be demonized for his charitiable work.

[Edited 6/19/17 8:52am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/19/17 8:57am

rdhull

avatar

laurarichardson said:



rdhull said:


Perfect way to demonize the dead. Awesome job.

Well plenty of information exsist to insure the Prince will not be demonized for his charitiable work.

[Edited 6/19/17 8:52am]


Ok thanks we know but we are talking about the original poster here
What would we do without all these jerks anyway? Besides, all our friends are here.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/19/17 12:14pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

sonshine said:

laurarichardson said:

"Why didn't he ensure that the many, long-term musicans who made real music with him and whom he extolled had comfortable retirement plans and medical coverage? Why didn't he provide more generously for the mother of his lost son so she is not selling t-shirts at her belly dancing classes and can afford to build a standing structure for her pet rescue mission?"

Not sure how charitable giving is supporting grown ass people who should be working, saving or investing their income for retirement or illness. Not Prince's job.

Tyka owns her house outright and I doubt the other sibs would have held on to homes for long if they were their sole responsibility. We have no idea if Prince's sibs are or were fiscally responsible people. Prince would have had a better idea then we would.

He gave millions to charity out of his own pocket as well through L4OA. You can do a simple Goggle search and read all about it. Two of his charities he started with seed money are still fucntioning.

Those charities provide job training and a means for people to have affordable energy, develop a business and actully in the case of Urban gardening providing afforable healthy food.

You know not just throwing money at able bodied people.

[Edited 6/19/17 7:22am]

With regards to employees and dissolved marriages there are certain legal and morsl obligations that are expected. This is common practice. Doesn't matter if you like it or not. Thats just the way it is. And it should be. Sad that the legal system has to get involved to ensure people do the right thing.

TRIGGER WARNING: May God bless and comfort all who mourn.

"there are certain legal and moral obligations that are expected."

Like don't fuck the help in an open way that strips the dignity and identity away from your friend, lover, sister mother/wife as she's on her knees in despair mourning the loss of the damaged babies you put inside her. I don't know if the bible JW's read talks about 'do unto others' but everyone should know you don't kick someone when they're down. A man, let alone a husband, would have helped her to her feet, made sure she could move forward with dignity and security and have been a friend.Flipping her a big white mansion didn't cut it. I'm talking loyalty; putting aside your selfish wants and desires for a minute and acting as though you know right from wrong.The laws of the universe move across a monumental arc so 20 years is pretty much instant karma.

Flash forward to when Prince was in the dark night of his soul: when he needed a friend, he got ' sure boss/bro, I can get that for you.' When he needed help in reclaiming his dignity, either people weren't there for him or even sadder, they weren't even paying enough attention to him to see how much trouble he was in and when he was on his knees, the universe delivered a boot to his neck...and it didn't feel like a dainty 4-inch heel...it felt like the floor of an elevator.

No one here gets out alive and karma is a bitch.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/19/17 12:34pm

laurarichardso
n

Bodhitheblackdog said:

sonshine said:

laurarichardson said: With regards to employees and dissolved marriages there are certain legal and morsl obligations that are expected. This is common practice. Doesn't matter if you like it or not. Thats just the way it is. And it should be. Sad that the legal system has to get involved to ensure people do the right thing.

TRIGGER WARNING: May God bless and comfort all who mourn.

"there are certain legal and moral obligations that are expected."

Like don't fuck the help in an open way that strips the dignity and identity away from your friend, lover, sister mother/wife as she's on her knees in despair mourning the loss of the damaged babies you put inside her. I don't know if the bible JW's read talks about 'do unto others' but everyone should know you don't kick someone when they're down. A man, let alone a husband, would have helped her to her feet, made sure she could move forward with dignity and security and have been a friend.Flipping her a big white mansion didn't cut it. I'm talking loyalty; putting aside your selfish wants and desires for a minute and acting as though you know right from wrong.The laws of the universe move across a monumental arc so 20 years is pretty much instant karma.

Flash forward to when Prince was in the dark night of his soul: when he needed a friend, he got ' sure boss/bro, I can get that for you.' When he needed help in reclaiming his dignity, either people weren't there for him or even sadder, they weren't even paying enough attention to him to see how much trouble he was in and when he was on his knees, the universe delivered a boot to his neck...and it didn't feel like a dainty 4-inch heel...it felt like the floor of an elevator.

No one here gets out alive and karma is a bitch.

This is such nonsense and drivel. There divorce was a few years after she lost the baby unless you are following a different time line than what occurred in reality.

Losing a child does not mean he had to stay with her for enternity and in fact most marriages do not survive the lost of a child. No moral or legal obligations whatsoever.

Your warped belief that his health issues were some kind of karma for his treatement of his wife are absurd since we are now hearing he had joint problems back in the 80s.

You also realize that he could have just as well have kicked the bucket in a hospital but choose not to be there. So I kind of think he died just were he wanted to be.

As for M1 well her health is not doing so good either do you think she is suffering for her misdeeds?

Because she has them just like all the other humans on the earth she just will not be telling what she really did doing that marriage but maybe karma is coming for her as well.

People get sick all the time. No one has a guarantee of perfect health. What happed to Prince can happen to anyone and may have happend to him Mayte or no Mayte.

Ridculous

[Edited 6/19/17 12:42pm]

[Edited 6/19/17 12:59pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/19/17 12:36pm

Vox

laurarichardson said:

sonshine said:

laurarichardson said: With regards to employees and dissolved marriages there are certain legal and morsl obligations that are expected. This is common practice. Doesn't matter if you like it or not. Thats just the way it is. And it should be. Sad that the legal system has to get involved to ensure people do the right thing.

1) Prince had no legal or moral obligations to his ex-wives other than what a court proceeding would have ordered him to do. As far as we know he complied with court orders. Neither wife has a right to just expect that he would have left them money or gave them more that a court ordered. I think Prince explained it well in the second divorce. You do not get to live the Prince lifestyle without being married to Prince.

2) I am almost certain that musicians and protégées’ are work for hire. They are not entitled to any benefits or money once that time on a project is over. I am pretty sure most musicians are aware of this and we have plenty of stories of Prince helping other musicians out who down on their luck or just helping them with legal advice per his attorneys for their label issue.

3) My points have nothing to do with my likes or dislikes. They have everything to do with the laws and the fact that from what we know about Prince he liked giving a hand up and not so much a hand out.

With the rare exceptions of symphony orchestra players, who are usually unionized in the US, musicians are responsible for their own health insurance costs, as well as their own retirement savings, as are many other people in non-musical professions. Personally, I went into another line of work so my family would have health insurance when my husband lost his job. All my musician jobs were contract/at will jobs, whether teaching or performing.

A sophisticated mass-produced cacophony of no-win situations that aren't right...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/19/17 12:40pm

laurarichardso
n

Vox said:

laurarichardson said:

1) Prince had no legal or moral obligations to his ex-wives other than what a court proceeding would have ordered him to do. As far as we know he complied with court orders. Neither wife has a right to just expect that he would have left them money or gave them more that a court ordered. I think Prince explained it well in the second divorce. You do not get to live the Prince lifestyle without being married to Prince.

2) I am almost certain that musicians and protégées’ are work for hire. They are not entitled to any benefits or money once that time on a project is over. I am pretty sure most musicians are aware of this and we have plenty of stories of Prince helping other musicians out who down on their luck or just helping them with legal advice per his attorneys for their label issue.

3) My points have nothing to do with my likes or dislikes. They have everything to do with the laws and the fact that from what we know about Prince he liked giving a hand up and not so much a hand out.

With the rare exceptions of symphony orchestra players, who are usually unionized in the US, musicians are responsible for their own health insurance costs, as well as their own retirement savings, as are many other people in non-musical professions. Personally, I went into another line of work so my family would have health insurance when my husband lost his job. All my musician jobs were contract/at will jobs, whether teaching or performing.

Thank you for the info biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/19/17 12:45pm

Genesia

avatar

Bodhitheblackdog said:

sonshine said:

laurarichardson said: With regards to employees and dissolved marriages there are certain legal and morsl obligations that are expected. This is common practice. Doesn't matter if you like it or not. Thats just the way it is. And it should be. Sad that the legal system has to get involved to ensure people do the right thing.

TRIGGER WARNING: May God bless and comfort all who mourn.

"there are certain legal and moral obligations that are expected."

Like don't fuck the help in an open way that strips the dignity and identity away from your friend, lover, sister mother/wife as she's on her knees in despair mourning the loss of the damaged babies you put inside her. I don't know if the bible JW's read talks about 'do unto others' but everyone should know you don't kick someone when they're down. A man, let alone a husband, would have helped her to her feet, made sure she could move forward with dignity and security and have been a friend.Flipping her a big white mansion didn't cut it. I'm talking loyalty; putting aside your selfish wants and desires for a minute and acting as though you know right from wrong.The laws of the universe move across a monumental arc so 20 years is pretty much instant karma.

Flash forward to when Prince was in the dark night of his soul: when he needed a friend, he got ' sure boss/bro, I can get that for you.' When he needed help in reclaiming his dignity, either people weren't there for him or even sadder, they weren't even paying enough attention to him to see how much trouble he was in and when he was on his knees, the universe delivered a boot to his neck...and it didn't feel like a dainty 4-inch heel...it felt like the floor of an elevator.

No one here gets out alive and karma is a bitch.


Stop it, Mayte.

I mean if he did have sex he would break every rule Jehova's have regarding premarital sex so Prince is really just friends with them all anyway.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/19/17 12:51pm

laurarichardso
n

Genesia said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

TRIGGER WARNING: May God bless and comfort all who mourn.

"there are certain legal and moral obligations that are expected."

Like don't fuck the help in an open way that strips the dignity and identity away from your friend, lover, sister mother/wife as she's on her knees in despair mourning the loss of the damaged babies you put inside her. I don't know if the bible JW's read talks about 'do unto others' but everyone should know you don't kick someone when they're down. A man, let alone a husband, would have helped her to her feet, made sure she could move forward with dignity and security and have been a friend.Flipping her a big white mansion didn't cut it. I'm talking loyalty; putting aside your selfish wants and desires for a minute and acting as though you know right from wrong.The laws of the universe move across a monumental arc so 20 years is pretty much instant karma.

Flash forward to when Prince was in the dark night of his soul: when he needed a friend, he got ' sure boss/bro, I can get that for you.' When he needed help in reclaiming his dignity, either people weren't there for him or even sadder, they weren't even paying enough attention to him to see how much trouble he was in and when he was on his knees, the universe delivered a boot to his neck...and it didn't feel like a dainty 4-inch heel...it felt like the floor of an elevator.

No one here gets out alive and karma is a bitch.


Stop it, Mayte.

Lol could be her.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/19/17 12:55pm

rdhull

avatar

Genesia said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

TRIGGER WARNING: May God bless and comfort all who mourn.

"there are certain legal and moral obligations that are expected."

Like don't fuck the help in an open way that strips the dignity and identity away from your friend, lover, sister mother/wife as she's on her knees in despair mourning the loss of the damaged babies you put inside her. I don't know if the bible JW's read talks about 'do unto others' but everyone should know you don't kick someone when they're down. A man, let alone a husband, would have helped her to her feet, made sure she could move forward with dignity and security and have been a friend.Flipping her a big white mansion didn't cut it. I'm talking loyalty; putting aside your selfish wants and desires for a minute and acting as though you know right from wrong.The laws of the universe move across a monumental arc so 20 years is pretty much instant karma.

Flash forward to when Prince was in the dark night of his soul: when he needed a friend, he got ' sure boss/bro, I can get that for you.' When he needed help in reclaiming his dignity, either people weren't there for him or even sadder, they weren't even paying enough attention to him to see how much trouble he was in and when he was on his knees, the universe delivered a boot to his neck...and it didn't feel like a dainty 4-inch heel...it felt like the floor of an elevator.

No one here gets out alive and karma is a bitch.


Stop it, Mayte.

lol damn

What would we do without all these jerks anyway? Besides, all our friends are here.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince don't support nobody unless it's for monetary self gain