independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 23rd Oct 2017 9:05pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > LA Weekly, 19 June 2017 Wendy "he couldn't say that"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/19/17 11:59am

laytonian

LA Weekly, 19 June 2017 Wendy "he couldn't say that"

.
No one speaks the truth clearer than Wendy, when she talks about why Prince could not admit problems.
.
http://www.laweekly.com/m...ce-8316265
.
She knew.
.
[Edited 6/19/17 12:00pm]
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/19/17 12:39pm

laurarichardso
n

laytonian said:

. No one speaks the truth clearer than Wendy, when she talks about why Prince could not admit problems. . http://www.laweekly.com/m...ce-8316265 . She knew. . [Edited 6/19/17 12:00pm]

She knows nothing. This is all Monday morning quarter backing on her part and really inappropriate.

Asking for help from friends and associates who are not medical doctors would have done nothing but get his stituation to the gossip rags faster.

The only thing known for joint pain are pain meds and for all we know he could have been on a rollar coaster with these issues for years. A bunch of musicians would not have been able to help and standing on a billboard telling your personal health issues would not have helped either.

She needs to relax people are going to come and see the Revolution show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/19/17 12:42pm

laytonian

Of course she knew. She knew him for years. They talked.
One who was not his compatriot should not judge.
You think everyone who knew him hasn't shared with each other?
you were not an insider.
[Edited 6/19/17 15:39pm]
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/19/17 12:45pm

laurarichardso
n

laytonian said:

Of course she knew. She knew him for years. They talked. One who was not his compatriot should not judge. You think everyone wuhio knew him hasn't shared with each other? you were not an insider.

She sure seemed shock right after he died for someone who knew so much and if she knew how come she was not helping as I still do not know what sort of help she could have given.

These comments she is making now conflict with some things she said a year ago. I think she knows now and knew nothing definite a year ago.

You are right I am not an insider and even if I were still does not mean I would have known anything as he had a right to his privacy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/19/17 12:52pm

Doozer

avatar

laurarichardson said:

laytonian said:

. No one speaks the truth clearer than Wendy, when she talks about why Prince could not admit problems. . http://www.laweekly.com/m...ce-8316265 . She knew. . [Edited 6/19/17 12:00pm]

She knows nothing. This is all Monday morning quarter backing on her part and really inappropriate.

Asking for help from friends and associates who are not medical doctors would have done nothing but get his stituation to the gossip rags faster.

The only thing known for joint pain are pain meds and for all we know he could have been on a rollar coaster with these issues for years. A bunch of musicians would not have been able to help and standing on a billboard telling your personal health issues would not have helped either.

She needs to relax people are going to come and see the Revolution show.


Sorry, but there's nothing in that article that Wendy (or anyone else) said that is anywhere near inappropriate. Did you read it? It is all loving, understanding, and mournful. Please point out any quote from that article where Wendy said anything otherwise.



“There’s no way someone like Prince could ever say to the world: ‘I have a terrible hip problem,'" says Melvoin. "'I’m in such fucking pain, you have no idea. I’m addicted to this stuff, and I need help.' Someone like him would never do that, ever.”

Sounds like she knew him as well as anyone.

[Edited 6/19/17 12:52pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/19/17 12:52pm

rdhull

avatar

laurarichardson said:

laytonian said:

Of course she knew. She knew him for years. They talked. One who was not his compatriot should not judge. You think everyone wuhio knew him hasn't shared with each other? you were not an insider.

She sure seemed shock right after he died for someone who knew so much

He od'd. Of course anyone would be in shock. And judt becuse she and Im sure some others knew of his issues, its not about that (the article content). Its about prince and his own abiity to see himself as human and get help and admit he needs it..before it went too far.

And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/19/17 12:58pm

purplerabbitho
le

I posted this article on the associates forum...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/19/17 1:00pm

rogifan

avatar

I think she is right in a sense. I think Prince was someone who could never let anyone see him sweat. And he was never going to say I can't do X because I'm too tired or in pain. His work ethic and pride just wouldn't allow it. After he passed Damaris Lewis did an interview with CNN and said one of the last conversations she had with Prince she told him he needed to take a break, he needed to rest. She was right but I don't think Prince was someone wired to take breaks and rest.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/19/17 1:02pm

laurarichardso
n

rdhull said:

laurarichardson said:

She sure seemed shock right after he died for someone who knew so much

He od'd. Of course anyone would be in shock. And judt becuse she and Im sure some others knew of his issues, its not about that (the article content). Its about prince and his own abiity to see himself as human and get help and admit he needs it..before it went too far.

If he was seeing Dr. S for witdrawals then he was getting help and we have no idea if he had been in o ther rehabs or what so of medical treatments he sought prior to Dr. S.

Wendy has absolutly on idea if he did not see himself as human or if they had anything to do with his issues. You realize that joint pain can also be inheirited and aggravated by activity. Do you think he was just going to go and sit down somewhere?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/19/17 1:02pm

laurarichardso
n

rogifan said:

I think she is right in a sense. I think Prince was someone who could never let anyone see him sweat. And he was never going to say I can't do X because I'm too tired or in pain. His work ethic and pride just wouldn't allow it. After he passed Damaris Lewis did an interview with CNN and said one of the last conversations she had with Prince she told him he needed to take a break, he needed to rest. She was right but I don't think Prince was someone wired to take breaks and rest.

Exactly, no break but the final break was coming and he knew it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/19/17 1:08pm

cbarnes3121

if he did go to anyone it would of probably been kirk i cant see him talking to wendy or any other band member about his pains aches or nothing else of that matter beacuse i dont think he saw that as really imtimate people in his life. i dont think its fair to put wendy on the spot she hasnt really been in prince life in over 20 years

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/19/17 1:13pm

purplerabbitho
le

Her opinion is fine but she needs to preface it with (the prince i knew in the 80's and in limited interactions off and on through the years)...

She is probably right to some extent.

The problem with w and l and P's relationship was probably that they seemed to think public discussion of personal issues is fine and Prince obviously didnt feel the same way. He probably would't trust them to keep their mouths shut about his personal issues so he wasn't ever going to tell any of these issues to them. Maybe, Prince needed to lighten up a bit about his fame and not worry if friends couldn't keep it private. Dude seemed to be consumed with fear and trust issues. Maybe he was just much better at being an artist than being famous.

cbarnes3121 said:

if he did go to anyone it would of probably been kirk i cant see him talking to wendy or any other band member about his pains aches or nothing else of that matter beacuse i dont think he saw that as really imtimate people in his life. i dont think its fair to put wendy on the spot she hasnt really been in prince life in over 20 years

[Edited 6/19/17 13:17pm]

[Edited 6/19/17 13:19pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/19/17 1:15pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Doozer said:

laurarichardson said:

She knows nothing. This is all Monday morning quarter backing on her part and really inappropriate.

Asking for help from friends and associates who are not medical doctors would have done nothing but get his stituation to the gossip rags faster.

The only thing known for joint pain are pain meds and for all we know he could have been on a rollar coaster with these issues for years. A bunch of musicians would not have been able to help and standing on a billboard telling your personal health issues would not have helped either.

She needs to relax people are going to come and see the Revolution show.


Sorry, but there's nothing in that article that Wendy (or anyone else) said that is anywhere near inappropriate. Did you read it? It is all loving, understanding, and mournful. Please point out any quote from that article where Wendy said anything otherwise.



“There’s no way someone like Prince could ever say to the world: ‘I have a terrible hip problem,'" says Melvoin. "'I’m in such fucking pain, you have no idea. I’m addicted to this stuff, and I need help.' Someone like him would never do that, ever.”

Sounds like she knew him as well as anyone.

[Edited 6/19/17 12:52pm]

of course laurarichardson did not read it, he just knows it all and bitches everyone out

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/19/17 1:17pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

what limited interaction?

Tell me about their friendship that you know about

you did not even know they were performing together throught 2004-2007 right?

Did you know that they did hang out often at Prince's place and he regularly went to Lisa & Wendy's studio as well as talked on the phone?

purplerabbithole said:

Her opinion is fine but she needs to preface it with (the prince i knew in the 80's and in limited interactions off and on through the years)...

cbarnes3121 said:

if he did go to anyone it would of probably been kirk i cant see him talking to wendy or any other band member about his pains aches or nothing else of that matter beacuse i dont think he saw that as really imtimate people in his life. i dont think its fair to put wendy on the spot she hasnt really been in prince life in over 20 years

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/19/17 1:24pm

purplerabbitho
le

I knew all that when I said 'limited' interaction. I didn't say sporadic or even rarely. I said "limited".. I do think W and L were his friends but Prince would still have kept things from him. They said so themselves. I am really glad they were on good terms..I like the stories about Prince's wanting to be called Uncle Princey and his being impressed with their musical scoring for tv shows and his little prank calls of Mark Brown and W and L being on Planet Earth and Bobby Z's son talking about PRince vistiting him in the hospital..and complimenting him backstage to his song But all that is still somewhat limited. They were not Kirk Johnson seeing him almost everyday of his life for years.

OldFriends4Sale said:

what limited interaction?

Tell me about their friendship that you know about

you did not even know they were performing together throught 2004-2007 right?

Did you know that they did hang out often at Prince's place and he regularly went to Lisa & Wendy's studio as well as talked on the phone?

purplerabbithole said:

Her opinion is fine but she needs to preface it with (the prince i knew in the 80's and in limited interactions off and on through the years)...

[Edited 6/19/17 13:27pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/19/17 1:27pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

cbarnes3121 said:

if he did go to anyone it would of probably been kirk i cant see him talking to wendy or any other band member about his pains aches or nothing else of that matter beacuse i dont think he saw that as really imtimate people in his life. i dont think its fair to put wendy on the spot she hasnt really been in prince life in over 20 years

Actually Kirk would be the person to go to not because of 'intimacy'

People tend to hide things from the ones they love and respect.
That is why so many family/friends are in shock when they find out someone committed suicide and they knew not much, or had other things happening in their life they did not know about until it came out... see signs, ignore things, wonder etc

@ the 2007 Target show in Minneapolis with her head on his shoulder, he introduces Wendy as his best friend

they have never stopped being in each others life.

it did not stop after 1986. He did work on some of their albums, had them perform with him and the Lovesexy band @ Paisley Park in 1988/89 Wendy actually DJ at a show or two, introduced "Public Enemy" to Prince

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, night and concert

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/19/17 1:29pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Well I could apply limited to every relationship Prince had.
He still had control issues. Limited interaction vs Limited connection are 2 different things.

purplerabbithole said:

I knew all that when I said 'limited' interaction. I didn't say sporadic or even rarely. I said "limited".. I do think W and L were his friends but Prince would still have kept things from him. They said so themselves. I am really glad they were on good terms..I like the stories about Prince's wanting to be called Uncle Princey and his being impressed with their musical scoring for tv shows and his little prank calls of Mark Brown and W and L being on Planet Earth and Bobby Z's son talking about PRince vistiting him in the hospital..and complimenting him backstage to his song But all that is still somewhat limited. They were not Kirk Johnson seeing him almost everyday of his life for years.

OldFriends4Sale said:

what limited interaction?

Tell me about their friendship that you know about

you did not even know they were performing together throught 2004-2007 right?

Did you know that they did hang out often at Prince's place and he regularly went to Lisa & Wendy's studio as well as talked on the phone?

[Edited 6/19/17 13:27pm]

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/19/17 1:31pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

rogifan said:

I think she is right in a sense. I think Prince was someone who could never let anyone see him sweat. And he was never going to say I can't do X because I'm too tired or in pain. His work ethic and pride just wouldn't allow it. After he passed Damaris Lewis did an interview with CNN and said one of the last conversations she had with Prince she told him he needed to take a break, he needed to rest. She was right but I don't think Prince was someone wired to take breaks and rest.

Exactly, no break but the final break was coming and he knew it.

oooh all the signs in the songs and sky, and Prince knew it

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/19/17 1:31pm

purplerabbitho
le

Prince also called Andre his best friend. I am not doubting either one of those labels but there were long periods of Prince being away from Andre. (admittedly shorter periods between Wendy and P it sounds like it) but still W and L didn't live in MN, they lived in California.

OldFriends4Sale said:

cbarnes3121 said:

if he did go to anyone it would of probably been kirk i cant see him talking to wendy or any other band member about his pains aches or nothing else of that matter beacuse i dont think he saw that as really imtimate people in his life. i dont think its fair to put wendy on the spot she hasnt really been in prince life in over 20 years

Actually Kirk would be the person to go to not because of 'intimacy'

People tend to hide things from the ones they love and respect.
That is why so many family/friends are in shock when they find out someone committed suicide and they knew not much, or had other things happening in their life they did not know about until it came out... see signs, ignore things, wonder etc

@ the 2007 Target show in Minneapolis with her head on his shoulder, he introduces Wendy as his best friend

they have never stopped being in each others life.

it did not stop after 1986. He did work on some of their albums, had them perform with him and the Lovesexy band @ Paisley Park in 1988/89 Wendy actually DJ at a show or two, introduced "Public Enemy" to Prince

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, night and concert

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/19/17 1:32pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

rdhull said:

He od'd. Of course anyone would be in shock. And judt becuse she and Im sure some others knew of his issues, its not about that (the article content). Its about prince and his own abiity to see himself as human and get help and admit he needs it..before it went too far.

If he was seeing Dr. S for witdrawals then he was getting help and we have no idea if he had been in o ther rehabs or what so of medical treatments he sought prior to Dr. S.

Wendy has absolutly on idea if he did not see himself as human or if they had anything to do with his issues. You realize that joint pain can also be inheirited and aggravated by activity. Do you think he was just going to go and sit down somewhere?

Prince surprised all of us when he took about 3 yrs to put out an album.

If he really saw danger signs and felt it was the best thing for a bit, he would have

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/19/17 1:36pm

rogifan

avatar

cbarnes3121 said:

if he did go to anyone it would of probably been kirk i cant see him talking to wendy or any other band member about his pains aches or nothing else of that matter beacuse i dont think he saw that as really imtimate people in his life. i dont think its fair to put wendy on the spot she hasnt really been in prince life in over 20 years


She's the one out there giving interviews.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/19/17 1:37pm

purplerabbitho
le

Connections are easier to make when you see someone everyday for years. Even if the relationship is an unbalanced or enabling one like Kirk's might have been, its still more intimate by nature of its constant association.

We have no idea if Prince ever made connections becuase the very people who would expose that about him to the press are the very people he would have limited connection with. Lets hear it from people who have never talked about him publically before, who werent coveting some attention in the first place (by nature of their professions). Do those people even exist? If they do exist, those are the ones who need to speak now and provide balance.

OldFriends4Sale said:

Well I could apply limited to every relationship Prince had.
He still had control issues. Limited interaction vs Limited connection are 2 different things.

purplerabbithole said:

I knew all that when I said 'limited' interaction. I didn't say sporadic or even rarely. I said "limited".. I do think W and L were his friends but Prince would still have kept things from him. They said so themselves. I am really glad they were on good terms..I like the stories about Prince's wanting to be called Uncle Princey and his being impressed with their musical scoring for tv shows and his little prank calls of Mark Brown and W and L being on Planet Earth and Bobby Z's son talking about PRince vistiting him in the hospital..and complimenting him backstage to his song But all that is still somewhat limited. They were not Kirk Johnson seeing him almost everyday of his life for years.

[Edited 6/19/17 13:27pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/19/17 1:40pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

How do U know there were long periods? I knew through stuff Prince said in interviews as well as Andre that they were friends in the last 10 years.
.
Doing songs or shows cannot be the deciding factor on 'time periods' Prince was in constant communication with Susannah Melvoin but they never made a public appearance. She did perform A Love Bizarre and another song or 2 on the 3121 period. And then he got upset with her for a short period, and then called Wendy to get her phone number again, after she moved.
.
Also remember, even though Prince had his home in Minni, he also had a home in California. That he was spending a lot of time at for a long time.

.

I know you said you are a newbie, so I will recall the story for you.

You reunited with Prince in 2006 at the Brit Awards Tell us a little bit about what led to that reunion and what it was like to rehearsing for the show. Also, the version of "Te Amo Corzon" played that night was very different, did you all work out that arrangement together?

Lisa:

Prince had been in touch with Wendy during that time and he asked us both if we would come play at the Brits with him. We hung out a couple of times and had dinner. We jammed... just the three of us. It was a BLAST! Then Sheila came and a few of us played around with Te Amo... we were just in his living room with a guitar and piano... congas? And it was really nice. So, yes, we worked out a little arrangement together.

purplerabbithole said:

Prince also called Andre his best friend. I am not doubting either one of those labels but there were long periods of Prince being away from Andre. (admittedly shorter periods between Wendy and P it sounds like it) but still W and L didn't live in MN, they lived in California.

OldFriends4Sale said:

Actually Kirk would be the person to go to not because of 'intimacy'

People tend to hide things from the ones they love and respect.
That is why so many family/friends are in shock when they find out someone committed suicide and they knew not much, or had other things happening in their life they did not know about until it came out... see signs, ignore things, wonder etc

@ the 2007 Target show in Minneapolis with her head on his shoulder, he introduces Wendy as his best friend

they have never stopped being in each others life.

it did not stop after 1986. He did work on some of their albums, had them perform with him and the Lovesexy band @ Paisley Park in 1988/89 Wendy actually DJ at a show or two, introduced "Public Enemy" to Prince

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, night and concert

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/19/17 1:41pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I work with the same people 5 days a week. I don't consider it intimate. I like most of them.
But there are people I knew since I was in my 20s who I don't see all the time, but when we do it is like not time has passed.

purplerabbithole said:

Connections are easier to make when you see someone everyday for years. Even if the relationship is an unbalanced or enabling one like Kirk's might have been, its still more intimate by nature of its constant association.

We have no idea if Prince ever made connections becuase the very people who would expose that about him to the press are the very people he would have limited connection with. Lets hear it from people who have never talked about him publically before, who werent coveting some attention in the first place (by nature of their professions). Do those people even exist? If they do exist, those are the ones who need to speak now and provide balance.

OldFriends4Sale said:

Well I could apply limited to every relationship Prince had.
He still had control issues. Limited interaction vs Limited connection are 2 different things.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/19/17 2:01pm

muleFunk

avatar

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/19/17 2:09pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

muleFunk said:

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.

Yeah because U hang out with her and know lol

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/19/17 2:11pm

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:



laurarichardson said:




rogifan said:


I think she is right in a sense. I think Prince was someone who could never let anyone see him sweat. And he was never going to say I can't do X because I'm too tired or in pain. His work ethic and pride just wouldn't allow it. After he passed Damaris Lewis did an interview with CNN and said one of the last conversations she had with Prince she told him he needed to take a break, he needed to rest. She was right but I don't think Prince was someone wired to take breaks and rest.

Exactly, no break but the final break was coming and he knew it.




oooh all the signs in the songs and sky, and Prince knew it


Has nothing to do with signs in the sky. That is your nonsense. Let me break it down for you. No break from working and recording was coming. Name a time when he was not recording or touring? He was going to work to the end and that is actually what happened. Not unless you think he is hanging out at the Mcdonalds in Channahasen.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/19/17 2:13pm

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:



Doozer said:




laurarichardson said:



She knows nothing. This is all Monday morning quarter backing on her part and really inappropriate.



Asking for help from friends and associates who are not medical doctors would have done nothing but get his stituation to the gossip rags faster.



The only thing known for joint pain are pain meds and for all we know he could have been on a rollar coaster with these issues for years. A bunch of musicians would not have been able to help and standing on a billboard telling your personal health issues would not have helped either.



She needs to relax people are going to come and see the Revolution show.




Sorry, but there's nothing in that article that Wendy (or anyone else) said that is anywhere near inappropriate. Did you read it? It is all loving, understanding, and mournful. Please point out any quote from that article where Wendy said anything otherwise.





“There’s no way someone like Prince could ever say to the world: ‘I have a terrible hip problem,'" says Melvoin. "'I’m in such fucking pain, you have no idea. I’m addicted to this stuff, and I need help.' Someone like him would never do that, ever.”

Sounds like she knew him as well as anyone.


[Edited 6/19/17 12:52pm]




of course laurarichardson did not read it, he just knows it all and bitches everyone out




I read it and I think she is speaking because she wants to blow herself up which is par for the course with her. I even explained my issue with her comments.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/19/17 2:15pm

laurarichardso
n

Doozer said:



laurarichardson said:




laytonian said:


. No one speaks the truth clearer than Wendy, when she talks about why Prince could not admit problems. . http://www.laweekly.com/m...ce-8316265 . She knew. . [Edited 6/19/17 12:00pm]

She knows nothing. This is all Monday morning quarter backing on her part and really inappropriate.



Asking for help from friends and associates who are not medical doctors would have done nothing but get his stituation to the gossip rags faster.



The only thing known for joint pain are pain meds and for all we know he could have been on a rollar coaster with these issues for years. A bunch of musicians would not have been able to help and standing on a billboard telling your personal health issues would not have helped either.



She needs to relax people are going to come and see the Revolution show.




Sorry, but there's nothing in that article that Wendy (or anyone else) said that is anywhere near inappropriate. Did you read it? It is all loving, understanding, and mournful. Please point out any quote from that article where Wendy said anything otherwise.





“There’s no way someone like Prince could ever say to the world: ‘I have a terrible hip problem,'" says Melvoin. "'I’m in such fucking pain, you have no idea. I’m addicted to this stuff, and I need help.' Someone like him would never do that, ever.”

Sounds like she knew him as well as anyone.

[Edited 6/19/17 12:52pm]


She simply has no idea who knew what and who tried to help or seems oblivious to actions he was even taking. Scotty the engineer said he knew Prince had hip problems back in 2004.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/19/17 2:17pm

purplerabbitho
le

I mean this with respect but do you personally know the Revolution members (i mean beyond fanhood and attending some shows)???

OldFriends4Sale said:

muleFunk said:

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.

Yeah because U hang out with her and know lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > LA Weekly, 19 June 2017 Wendy "he couldn't say that"