independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 21st Aug 2017 3:17am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > LA Weekly, 19 June 2017 Wendy "he couldn't say that"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/19/17 2:18pm

Genesia

avatar

purplerabbithole said:

Connections are easier to make when you see someone everyday for years. Even if the relationship is an unbalanced or enabling one like Kirk's might have been, its still more intimate by nature of its constant association.

We have no idea if Prince ever made connections becuase the very people who would expose that about him to the press are the very people he would have limited connection with. Lets hear it from people who have never talked about him publically before, who werent coveting some attention in the first place (by nature of their professions). Do those people even exist? If they do exist, those are the ones who need to speak now and provide balance.

OldFriends4Sale said:

Well I could apply limited to every relationship Prince had.
He still had control issues. Limited interaction vs Limited connection are 2 different things.


Actually, connections can be harder to make in that instance - because the changes are so gradual they're hard to spot.

I mean if he did have sex he would break every rule Jehova's have regarding premarital sex so Prince is really just friends with them all anyway.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 06/19/17 2:21pm

purplerabbitho
le

Scottie also said Prince probably had no friends. Something LIsa would disagree with...(she called him 'her friend')

Wendy is not saying that people didn't know Prince had hip problems. By at least 2009, everyone knew. Leeds said he used to see Prince get injections into his knees. She is saying Prince wouldn't ask for help or sympathy. SHe is right on that one.

laurarichardson said:

Doozer said:


Sorry, but there's nothing in that article that Wendy (or anyone else) said that is anywhere near inappropriate. Did you read it? It is all loving, understanding, and mournful. Please point out any quote from that article where Wendy said anything otherwise.



“There’s no way someone like Prince could ever say to the world: ‘I have a terrible hip problem,'" says Melvoin. "'I’m in such fucking pain, you have no idea. I’m addicted to this stuff, and I need help.' Someone like him would never do that, ever.”

Sounds like she knew him as well as anyone.

[Edited 6/19/17 12:52pm]

She simply has no idea who knew what and who tried to help or seems oblivious to actions he was even taking. Scotty the engineer said he knew Prince had hip problems back in 2004.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 06/19/17 2:24pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplerabbithole said:

I mean this with respect but do you personally know the Revolution members (i mean beyond fanhood and attending some shows)???

OldFriends4Sale said:

Yeah because U hang out with her and know lol

I'm friends with someone who knows Wendy LIsa & Susannah personally.
And yes I knew all the times Prince stopped by and hung out with them.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 06/19/17 2:26pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

of course laurarichardson did not read it, he just knows it all and bitches everyone out

I read it and I think she is speaking because she wants to blow herself up which is par for the course with her. I even explained my issue with her comments.

Yeah. and what are you doing?

new

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 06/19/17 2:26pm

rdhull

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplerabbithole said:

I mean this with respect but do you personally know the Revolution members (i mean beyond fanhood and attending some shows)???

I'm friends with someone who knows Wendy LIsa & Susannah personally.
And yes I knew all the times Prince stopped by and hung out with them.

tell Jesse I said hi wave

And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 06/19/17 2:27pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

oooh all the signs in the songs and sky, and Prince knew it

Has nothing to do with signs in the sky. That is your nonsense. Let me break it down for you. No break from working and recording was coming. Name a time when he was not recording or touring? He was going to work to the end and that is actually what happened. Not unless you think he is hanging out at the Mcdonalds in Channahasen.

No IcyHot, I've read your conspiracy ideals. As U said "Prince knew it"

Between 20Ten and AOA was how many years that Prince did not release an album.
We were all shocked and many frustrated, because it never happened before. I was glad he took a break.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 06/19/17 2:28pm

purplerabbitho
le

Depends on how one defines "connections".. But I see your point about how much easier it can be to just accept behavior/problems that are gradual and subtle.

Kirk may have felt he could help P by getting him prescription pills to undermine or counter the ones P insisted on getting on the black market; and that approach was just too little too late. The reality is that it can be hard to watch someone go through pain everyday. Enabling Prince to take pain pills everyday (knowing full well he would be miserable and profoundly lost if he was unable to work) is somewhat understandable (making objectiviety and tough love a hard thing to do)--it is not the same thing as enabling someone to take recreational drugs just for shits and giggles. A friend who doesn't see the daily pain can be better at tough love..can insist on radical change (in terms of lifestyle etc.) because they don't have to see the ramifications of those tough decisions.

Genesia said:

purplerabbithole said:

Connections are easier to make when you see someone everyday for years. Even if the relationship is an unbalanced or enabling one like Kirk's might have been, its still more intimate by nature of its constant association.

We have no idea if Prince ever made connections becuase the very people who would expose that about him to the press are the very people he would have limited connection with. Lets hear it from people who have never talked about him publically before, who werent coveting some attention in the first place (by nature of their professions). Do those people even exist? If they do exist, those are the ones who need to speak now and provide balance.


Actually, connections can be harder to make in that instance - because the changes are so gradual they're hard to spot.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 06/19/17 2:31pm

purplerabbitho
le

But doesn't Jesse Johnson dislike Prince quite a bit??

rdhull said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I'm friends with someone who knows Wendy LIsa & Susannah personally.
And yes I knew all the times Prince stopped by and hung out with them.

tell Jesse I said hi wave

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 06/19/17 2:34pm

PURPLEIZED3121

as per some of my previous threads I am no fan of Wendy..BUT this brought a tear to my eye. Prince had an ego & so does she..most talented artists do I guess. Her words echo what many of already kind of knew.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 06/19/17 2:35pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I have an uncle that I'm no longer close with.
He has a lot of 'yes men' around him. People who came into his life way after I was 30. I grew up with him almost like a 2nd father. my dads younger brother. His kids (my 1st cousins) are also my 2nd cousins(their mother is my mothers 1st cousin -their fathers are brothers)

.

A lot of men spend a lot of time talking about things (out there), not a lot of 'intimate' things. We talk about fixing things, wars, politics, what is happening 'over there'.
.
When I looked back at how I got to a place with my uncle where we are strangers, that ^ is how. Seeing each other almost 3-4 times a week. More than when I was younger. When I was younger, we talked about ourselves, each other. As we got older we stopped.

.

purplerabbithole said:

Depends on how one defines "connections".. But I see your point about how much easier it can be to just accept behavior/problems that are gradual and subtle.

Kirk may have felt he could help P by getting him prescription pills to undermine or counter the ones P insisted on getting on the black market; and that approach was just too little too late. The reality is that it can be hard to watch someone go through pain everyday. Enabling Prince to take pain pills everyday (knowing full well he would be miserable and profoundly lost if he was unable to work) is somewhat understandable (making objectiviety and tough love a hard thing to do)--it is not the same thing as enabling someone to take recreational drugs just for shits and giggles. A friend who doesn't see the daily pain can be better at tough love..can insist on radical change (in terms of lifestyle etc.) because they don't have to see the ramifications of those tough decisions.

Genesia said:


Actually, connections can be harder to make in that instance - because the changes are so gradual they're hard to spot.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 06/19/17 2:35pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

LOL not him

purplerabbithole said:

But doesn't Jesse Johnson dislike Prince quite a bit??

rdhull said:

tell Jesse I said hi wave

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 06/19/17 2:35pm

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:



laurarichardson said:


OldFriends4Sale said:



oooh all the signs in the songs and sky, and Prince knew it



Has nothing to do with signs in the sky. That is your nonsense. Let me break it down for you. No break from working and recording was coming. Name a time when he was not recording or touring? He was going to work to the end and that is actually what happened. Not unless you think he is hanging out at the Mcdonalds in Channahasen.


No IcyHot, I've read your conspiracy ideals. As U said "Prince knew it"



Between 20Ten and AOA was how many years that Prince did not release an album.
We were all shocked and many frustrated, because it never happened before. I was glad he took a break.


He was still touring so he did not take a break from working. I also would not be surprised if he was recording he just did not put anything out. Anyone who can see something was going on with him watching his concert footage about 2013 or so he living in a fantasy world. We also know from the search warrant and news reports that he was hospitalized in 2014 and 2015. Keep up cupcake.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 06/19/17 2:36pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

LOL U Know Jesse?

rdhull said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I'm friends with someone who knows Wendy LIsa & Susannah personally.
And yes I knew all the times Prince stopped by and hung out with them.

tell Jesse I said hi wave

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 06/19/17 3:37pm

Doozer

avatar

laurarichardson said:

Doozer said:


Sorry, but there's nothing in that article that Wendy (or anyone else) said that is anywhere near inappropriate. Did you read it? It is all loving, understanding, and mournful. Please point out any quote from that article where Wendy said anything otherwise.



“There’s no way someone like Prince could ever say to the world: ‘I have a terrible hip problem,'" says Melvoin. "'I’m in such fucking pain, you have no idea. I’m addicted to this stuff, and I need help.' Someone like him would never do that, ever.”

Sounds like she knew him as well as anyone.

[Edited 6/19/17 12:52pm]

She simply has no idea who knew what and who tried to help or seems oblivious to actions he was even taking. Scotty the engineer said he knew Prince had hip problems back in 2004.



That has nothing to do with this article or with any possible "inappropriate" comments made in it. Prince's associates are going to get interviewed. I'm not sure what anyone expects them to say besides what anyone said in the article in the OP. No one said "I was close to Prince in the last two years and know exactly what was going on."

I'm not going to pretend to know any of these people, but I did see the Revolution's show and spent time with the band backstage. No one behaved the way you described.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 06/19/17 3:49pm

purplegirl00

muleFunk said:

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.

Agreed! Wendy doesn't know anything. Here she and Lisa are walking the red carpet for the 2010 Creative Emmys and right out of the gate, Wendy said that they rarely talked. It was very "seldom" that he called. They were not BFFs.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 06/19/17 3:57pm

purplerabbitho
le

Well, in her slight defense, if you check their twitter page (I did months ago), they talked about a very nice night (a couple hours) they spent with Prince in 2011 (it was posted originally in 2011 in fact). . After that, the interactions might have picked up a bit.

purplegirl00 said:

muleFunk said:

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.

Agreed! Wendy doesn't know anything. Here she and Lisa are walking the red carpet for the 2010 Creative Emmys and right out of the gate, Wendy said that they rarely talked. It was very "seldom" that he called. They were not BFFs.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 06/19/17 4:03pm

Doozer

avatar

purplegirl00 said:

muleFunk said:

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.

Agreed! Wendy doesn't know anything. Here she and Lisa are walking the red carpet for the 2010 Creative Emmys and right out of the gate, Wendy said that they rarely talked. It was very "seldom" that he called. They were not BFFs.


Again, nothing said in the article posted indicates that Wendy professed to be close to Prince in later years. Read it - please let me know if I am mistaken.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 06/19/17 4:15pm

EddieC

muleFunk said:

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.

You seem to assume that every time Prince sees someone we see it happen on stage or hear it on a record. By that standard, he never talked to Van Jones at all, and tons of these other people who supposedly spent so much time with him the last few years also only saw or spoke to him maybe once or twice.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 06/19/17 4:19pm

purplerabbitho
le

Well, in 2010, she said that. But post Prince's death, she stated instances of her and Prince talking etc. in the last couple months of his life. Maybe 2010 was a bad year in their relationship.. Maybe he was shutting himself off dealing with his hip problems and preparing for the tour. After Planet Earth, maybe there was a lull and then in 2011 (as they posted on twitter) they were reacquainted)..ebbs and flows..

Doozer said:

purplegirl00 said:

Agreed! Wendy doesn't know anything. Here she and Lisa are walking the red carpet for the 2010 Creative Emmys and right out of the gate, Wendy said that they rarely talked. It was very "seldom" that he called. They were not BFFs.


Again, nothing said in the article posted indicates that Wendy professed to be close to Prince in later years. Read it - please let me know if I am mistaken.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 06/19/17 4:21pm

jstar69

Y'all no nuthin Jon Snow!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 06/19/17 4:27pm

rdhull

avatar

jstar69 said:

Y'all no nuthin Jon Snow!!

lol

And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 06/19/17 4:44pm

Purplestar88

Did she even speak with him recently before his death? neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 06/19/17 5:00pm

purplerabbitho
le

According to Wendy, she stated in an interview around September I believe that she had talked to Prince about 3 months before he died.

Purplestar88 said:

Did she even speak with him recently before his death? neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 06/19/17 5:18pm

herb4

avatar

Doozer said:

laurarichardson said:

She knows nothing. This is all Monday morning quarter backing on her part and really inappropriate.

Asking for help from friends and associates who are not medical doctors would have done nothing but get his stituation to the gossip rags faster.

The only thing known for joint pain are pain meds and for all we know he could have been on a rollar coaster with these issues for years. A bunch of musicians would not have been able to help and standing on a billboard telling your personal health issues would not have helped either.

She needs to relax people are going to come and see the Revolution show.


Sorry, but there's nothing in that article that Wendy (or anyone else) said that is anywhere near inappropriate. Did you read it? It is all loving, understanding, and mournful. Please point out any quote from that article where Wendy said anything otherwise.



“There’s no way someone like Prince could ever say to the world: ‘I have a terrible hip problem,'" says Melvoin. "'I’m in such fucking pain, you have no idea. I’m addicted to this stuff, and I need help.' Someone like him would never do that, ever.”

Sounds like she knew him as well as anyone.

[Edited 6/19/17 12:52pm]


No, you see, Laura knows more than his former band mates, friends and his ex wife. She knows more than ALL OF US. Her post count is proof.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 06/19/17 5:25pm

herb4

avatar

muleFunk said:

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.


Compared to all of us experts on a message board who never knoew him at all you mean?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 06/19/17 5:54pm

purplegirl00

Doozer said:

purplegirl00 said:

Agreed! Wendy doesn't know anything. Here she and Lisa are walking the red carpet for the 2010 Creative Emmys and right out of the gate, Wendy said that they rarely talked. It was very "seldom" that he called. They were not BFFs.


Again, nothing said in the article posted indicates that Wendy professed to be close to Prince in later years. Read it - please let me know if I am mistaken.

I read it. You are not mistaken. I posted this clip as some believe Wendy is an authority on Prince and knew what was going on his life in recent years. This clip gave me the impression that they had not been regular contact therefore she wouldn't have known what was going on with him.

[Edited 6/19/17 17:55pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 06/19/17 5:56pm

Purplestar88

herb4 said:

Doozer said:


Sorry, but there's nothing in that article that Wendy (or anyone else) said that is anywhere near inappropriate. Did you read it? It is all loving, understanding, and mournful. Please point out any quote from that article where Wendy said anything otherwise.



“There’s no way someone like Prince could ever say to the world: ‘I have a terrible hip problem,'" says Melvoin. "'I’m in such fucking pain, you have no idea. I’m addicted to this stuff, and I need help.' Someone like him would never do that, ever.”

Sounds like she knew him as well as anyone.

[Edited 6/19/17 12:52pm]


No, you see, Laura knows more than his former band mates, friends and his ex wife. She knows more than ALL OF US. Her post count is proof.

You think you know it all as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 06/19/17 6:04pm

luvsexy4all

so i guess wendy and lisa's solo careers are on permanent hold while they make money

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 06/19/17 6:51pm

laurarichardso
n

luvsexy4all said:

so i guess wendy and lisa's solo careers are on permanent hold while they make money

They need to make money some how.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 06/19/17 6:54pm

laurarichardso
n

herb4 said:

muleFunk said:

How would Wendy know anything and she has been around him maybe 10 times in 30 years after 1986.


Compared to all of us experts on a message board who never knoew him at all you mean?

Did you take the time to look at the video clip? Because I think you just got your proof that they know nothing not that we did not have Prince putting Susan on blast in the Ebony article but that does not stop this clan from continuing on with the knowledge of Prince and his life.

I take what they have to say with a grain of salt and you got your the proof.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > LA Weekly, 19 June 2017 Wendy "he couldn't say that"