independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 25th Sep 2017 5:16pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The PRN Story ~ Recollections ~Life as a Groupie~1988 -1997
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/07/17 3:18am

Lovejunky

avatar

The PRN Story ~ Recollections ~Life as a Groupie~1988 -1997

Came up in my facebook feed a few days ago...

Its a long read...but gives excellent insight into what life was like for Prince

when he couldnt walk into anyroom anywhere without every girl wanting a piece of him..

He had a virtual Smorgasboard.

Sometimes he nibbled..sometimes he feasted...and other times,

well......

http://www.theprnstory.com/

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
http://prince.org/msg/15/445991
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/07/17 6:05am

laurarichardso
n

Lovejunky said:

Came up in my facebook feed a few days ago...

Its a long read...but gives excellent insight into what life was like for Prince

when he couldnt walk into anyroom anywhere without every girl wanting a piece of him..

He had a virtual Smorgasboard.

Sometimes he nibbled..sometimes he feasted...and other times,

well......

http://www.theprnstory.com/

This person posted this back in the late 90s either on Lipstick Alley or on a site called the Emancipation Pages.

I remember printing this out and reading it while eating my breakfast and I am looking at it again almost 20 years later over my breakfast.

What I really like is that she grew out of her fascination with him because she grew up and in the end he grew up a bit as well. biggrin

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/07/17 6:14am

Lovejunky

avatar

laurarichardson said:

Lovejunky said:

Came up in my facebook feed a few days ago...

Its a long read...but gives excellent insight into what life was like for Prince

when he couldnt walk into anyroom anywhere without every girl wanting a piece of him..

He had a virtual Smorgasboard.

Sometimes he nibbled..sometimes he feasted...and other times,

well......

http://www.theprnstory.com/

This person posted this back in the late 90s either on Lipstick Alley or on a site called the Emancipation Pages.

I remember printing this out and reading it while eating my breakfast and I am looking at it again almost 20 years later over my breakfast.

What I really like is that she grew out of her fascination with him because she grew up and in the end he grew up a bit as well. biggrin

LOL...I read it over a midnight snack last night....smile

she suddenly realised that she could die and prince wouldnt even know....

Thats a Profound and powerful Realisation that all of us can learn from...

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
http://prince.org/msg/15/445991
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/07/17 6:31am

jjam

I fell asleep about 300 words in.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/07/17 6:34am

Lovejunky

avatar

jjam said:

I fell asleep about 300 words in.

Lol...yes...you had to be pretty determined...

I skimmed....for the gist

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
http://prince.org/msg/15/445991
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/07/17 7:19am

rogifan

avatar

Ugh this belongs on lipstick alley. Yuck.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/07/17 7:50am

laytonian

Lovejunky said:



jjam said:


I fell asleep about 300 words in.





Lol...yes...you had to be pretty determined...



I skimmed....for the gist


.
There was gist?
It wasn't the PRN story, it was something to make us feel sorry for a man who couldn't live without being preyed upon.
.
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/07/17 7:55am

Lovejunky

avatar

laytonian said:

Lovejunky said:

Lol...yes...you had to be pretty determined...

I skimmed....for the gist

. There was gist? It wasn't the PRN story, it was something to make us feel sorry for a man who couldn't live without being preyed upon. .

This was a part of his reality...FOR REAL

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
http://prince.org/msg/15/445991
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/07/17 9:37am

laurarichardso
n

rogifan said:

Ugh this belongs on lipstick alley. Yuck.

Then you did not take the time to read it. There is nothing salicious in it at all.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/07/17 10:49am

whodknee

avatar

It was a good story. Like in most cases like these it didn't have a storybook ending for her but it seems she was able to move on and put them in perspective.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/07/17 11:40am

dodger

Can't believe I spent 3 hours in work reading that and she didn't end up sampling his banana cologne
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/07/17 11:44am

CatB



Does anybody know who this Cathleen is who had an office at Paisley?


"Time is space spent with U"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/07/17 12:46pm

RJOrion

laurarichardson said:

rogifan said:

Ugh this belongs on lipstick alley. Yuck.

Then you did not take the time to read it. There is nothing salicious in it at all.

serious question...are you the "Laura" in the stories? eek

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/07/17 1:53pm

laurarichardso
n

RJOrion said:



laurarichardson said:




rogifan said:


Ugh this belongs on lipstick alley. Yuck.

Then you did not take the time to read it. There is nothing salicious in it at all.





serious question...are you the "Laura" in the stories? eek


--No I am not. I read this person's account of chasing Prince around and working in his publishing office about 20 years ago and I am glad it was republished.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/07/17 4:25pm

laurarichardso
n

CatB said:



Does anybody know who this Cathleen is who had an office at Paisley?



She worked out of a publishing office in New York.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/07/17 5:24pm

AnnaSantana

Oh yeah I sho nuff remember reading this on the old time internet back in the late 90s...
Just fun....nothing ethereal.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/07/17 9:00pm

CatB

laurarichardson said:

CatB said:



Does anybody know who this Cathleen is who had an office at Paisley?


She worked out of a publishing office in New York.




Yeah VP of PP Music, from what I gather. Interesting, to say the least.



"Time is space spent with U"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/07/17 10:51pm

sonshine

avatar

I wish i could get back the hours spent reading that whole thing. Some tidbits were interesting. I enjoyed her descriptions of some of the various players in his orbit at the time (and now i really wonder what he ever saw in Nona!?!) But overall it was a bit of a tedious read.
And for all the orgers claiming to be so concerned about Prince's image/legacy should know his serial womanizing is much more damaging/ disturbing than anything related to the drug use they get so bent about.
[Edited 8/7/17 23:10pm]
Have you had your plus sign (+) today?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/08/17 4:12am

laurarichardso
n

sonshine said:

I wish i could get back the hours spent reading that whole thing. Some tidbits were interesting. I enjoyed her descriptions of some of the various players in his orbit at the time (and now i really wonder what he ever saw in Nona!?!) But overall it was a bit of a tedious read. And for all the orgers claiming to be so concerned about Prince's image/legacy should know his serial womanizing is much more damaging/ disturbing than anything related to the drug use they get so bent about. [Edited 8/7/17 23:10pm]

Womanizing is a part of Rock n Roll going back to beggining of the Rock era and predating the Rock era to the Blues and Jazz.

I could make a lanudry list of musicians with muliple common law wives and children.

Even a mellow dude like B. B. King had 19 children.

These insane women and crazy ass dude have been cutting up since the beginning.

Time for people to stop being naive and Prince was well aware of his rep as a ladies man long before he passed at some point in is life he got over it a bit but you can even see in her story that he was making out with some women in Nell's and wanted everyone to see him.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/08/17 1:51pm

purplefam99

laurarichardson said:

sonshine said:

I wish i could get back the hours spent reading that whole thing. Some tidbits were interesting. I enjoyed her descriptions of some of the various players in his orbit at the time (and now i really wonder what he ever saw in Nona!?!) But overall it was a bit of a tedious read. And for all the orgers claiming to be so concerned about Prince's image/legacy should know his serial womanizing is much more damaging/ disturbing than anything related to the drug use they get so bent about. [Edited 8/7/17 23:10pm]

Womanizing is a part of Rock n Roll going back to beggining of the Rock era and predating the Rock era to the Blues and Jazz.

I could make a lanudry list of musicians with muliple common law wives and children.

Even a mellow dude like B. B. King had 19 children.

These insane women and crazy ass dude have been cutting up since the beginning.

Time for people to stop being naive and Prince was well aware of his rep as a ladies man long before he passed at some point in is life he got over it a bit but you can even see in her story that he was making out with some women in Nell's and wanted everyone to see him.

chris Rock made a joke years ago that "a man is as faithful as his options" and Prince had a ton

of options. how does one say no to all that? ok i should say how does a man say no to all that.

that would be a herculian feat. i don't think they are equipt to handle that. any that are haven't

had so many options. just my feeling on how hard it might be to say no. yes this behavior Prince

had a great historical blueprint, he didnt forge the trail in this regard, he just followed it.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/08/17 1:59pm

laurarichardso
n

purplefam99 said:



laurarichardson said:




sonshine said:


I wish i could get back the hours spent reading that whole thing. Some tidbits were interesting. I enjoyed her descriptions of some of the various players in his orbit at the time (and now i really wonder what he ever saw in Nona!?!) But overall it was a bit of a tedious read. And for all the orgers claiming to be so concerned about Prince's image/legacy should know his serial womanizing is much more damaging/ disturbing than anything related to the drug use they get so bent about. [Edited 8/7/17 23:10pm]

Womanizing is a part of Rock n Roll going back to beggining of the Rock era and predating the Rock era to the Blues and Jazz.



I could make a lanudry list of musicians with muliple common law wives and children.



Even a mellow dude like B. B. King had 19 children.



These insane women and crazy ass dude have been cutting up since the beginning.


Time for people to stop being naive and Prince was well aware of his rep as a ladies man long before he passed at some point in is life he got over it a bit but you can even see in her story that he was making out with some women in Nell's and wanted everyone to see him.







chris Rock made a joke years ago that "a man is as faithful as his options" and Prince had a ton


of options. how does one say no to all that? ok i should say how does a man say no to all that.


that would be a herculian feat. i don't think they are equipt to handle that. any that are haven't


had so many options. just my feeling on how hard it might be to say no. yes this behavior Prince


had a great historical blueprint, he didnt forge the trail in this regard, he just followed it.


Co-sign Prince did invent womanizing. He just wrote a few new chapters in the book.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/09/17 2:37am

CandyCool

CatB said:



laurarichardson said:


CatB said:



Does anybody know who this Cathleen is who had an office at Paisley?




She worked out of a publishing office in New York.




Yeah VP of PP Music, from what I gather. Interesting, to say the least.





Kathleen Scovel, I believe.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/09/17 4:31am

CatB

CandyCool said:

CatB said:




Yeah VP of PP Music, from what I gather. Interesting, to say the least.



Kathleen Scovel, I believe.




Hmm, the name mentioned was Cathleen J ...


"Time is space spent with U"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/09/17 5:23am

CandyCool

CatB said:



CandyCool said:


CatB said:





Yeah VP of PP Music, from what I gather. Interesting, to say the least.





Kathleen Scovel, I believe.




Hmm, the name mentioned was Cathleen J ...




Sorry;-)
[Edited 8/9/17 5:48am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/09/17 7:56am

CatB



No worries, thanks for trying to help : )


"Time is space spent with U"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/09/17 8:32am

purplefam99

CatB said:



No worries, thanks for trying to help : )




Didn't she say at the beginning of the article that some names
Were slightly changed. Perhaps this is the case.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/09/17 8:53am

CatB

purplefam99 said:

CatB said:



No worries, thanks for trying to help : )


Didn't she say at the beginning of the article that some names Were slightly changed. Perhaps this is the case.



She says "some names have been shortened for anonymity" and first calls her Cat J but then she clearly writes "her real name is Cathleen"


"Time is space spent with U"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/09/17 11:30am

laurarichardso
n

CatB said:

CandyCool said:

CatB said: Kathleen Scovel, I believe.




Hmm, the name mentioned was Cathleen J ...


https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathleenascovel

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/09/17 1:37pm

CatB

laurarichardson said:

CatB said:




Hmm, the name mentioned was Cathleen J ...


https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathleenascovel



Okay so it's really her. Thank you, Laura. And Candy Cool.


"Time is space spent with U"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/09/17 5:57pm

PurpleMusic07

CatB said:



laurarichardson said:




CatB said:






Hmm, the name mentioned was Cathleen J ...




https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathleenascovel





Okay so it's really her. Thank you, Laura. And Candy Cool.




I mean i guess it could be her, but she doesnt fit the physical description. Sure she couldve changed her hair and you cant really see the eyes in the pic, but the writer specifically described her as exotic looking. Im going to go out on a limb and say that a black girl from nyc would almost certianly not describe that woman as exotic.
[Edited 8/9/17 17:59pm]
"Where you are now is in a place that does not require time." - Rest In Power, PRINCE
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The PRN Story ~ Recollections ~Life as a Groupie~1988 -1997