independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 13th Dec 2018 4:19am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > No murder charge in prince's death Investigation Discussion - Continued - Part 9
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 26 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/27/18 7:21am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

No murder charge in prince's death Investigation Discussion - Continued - Part 9

Other thread has gotten wayy too long. The discussion will continue here.


Link from Part 5: http://prince.org/msg/7/453739

Link from Part 6: http://prince.org/msg/7/453931

Link from Part 7: http://prince.org/msg/7/454023
Link from Part 8: http://prince.org/msg/7/454061


Do not derail the thread, stick to the topic. TROLLING will be dealt with harshly.


Be civil. All rules apply.

Thanks.


Carver County Sheriff's Office link: https://www.co.carver.mn....estigation


WARNING: Do NOT post the death picture of Prince (blurred or not), show respect. Those that do will be dealt with harshly.


Press Conference video:
http://video.startribune....480279253/

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/27/18 7:48am

poppys

The original article was published on the Ebony site Dec 22, 2015, but was taken down for reasons unknown.

EBONY: I talked to people about switching from Spotify to Tidal who didn’t want to recreate their playlists all over again.


Prince: That’s the line in the sand. That is exactly what I’m talking about. When you make issue of those things, that is exactly what ownership means. It doesn’t mean that you just get pimped by somebody. And none of our kids should be subject to this.

You can’t give away Google. You can’t give away the country. Nobody can just come up and just start selling the Statue of Liberty, stuff like that. So the Prince catalog now—and again, I don’t want to sound like a megalomaniac—but I have to manage it, that’s Americana now. You gave the Beatles $400 million and then tried to squash the news? That’s why Apple held out. I had more albums than they did.


This is someting Prince said about his own catalogue.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/27/18 8:26am

kmama07

poppys said:


The original article was published on the Ebony site Dec 22, 2015, but was taken down for reasons unknown.

EBONY: I talked to people about switching from Spotify to Tidal who didn’t want to recreate their playlists all over again.



Prince: That’s the line in the sand. That is exactly what I’m talking about. When you make issue of those things, that is exactly what ownership means. It doesn’t mean that you just get pimped by somebody. And none of our kids should be subject to this.


You can’t give away Google. You can’t give away the country. Nobody can just come up and just start selling the Statue of Liberty, stuff like that. So the Prince catalog now—and again, I don’t want to sound like a megalomaniac—but I have to manage it, that’s Americana now. You gave the Beatles $400 million and then tried to squash the news? That’s why Apple held out. I had more albums than they did.



This is someting Prince said about his own catalogue.

That is an interesting interview. Thanks for reminding me about it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/27/18 9:07am

XxAxX

avatar

isn't that around the time he was planning to sign with Tidal? and didn't the Tidal deal fall through in the following months?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/27/18 10:20am

Bodhitheblackd
og

XxAxX said:

isn't that around the time he was planning to sign with Tidal? and didn't the Tidal deal fall through in the following months?

should this discussion be on the estate thread?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/27/18 10:33am

poppys

Bodhitheblackdog said:

XxAxX said:

isn't that around the time he was planning to sign with Tidal? and didn't the Tidal deal fall through in the following months?

should this discussion be on the estate thread?


We were discussing it via the Debra Johnson and Phaedra info near the end of the last thread. It is part of the files and pertains to the investigation

.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/27/18 10:44am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

XxAxX said:

isn't that around the time he was planning to sign with Tidal? and didn't the Tidal deal fall through in the following months?



The Tidal deal never fell through in Prince's lifetime. He provided an exclusive live track from Atlanta to Tidal the Monday before he passed.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/27/18 10:48am

Bodhitheblackd
og

poppys said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

should this discussion be on the estate thread?


We were discussing it via the Debra Johnson and Phaedra info near the end of the last thread. It is part of the files and pertains to the investigation

.

OK Thanks...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/27/18 11:24am

cloveringold85

avatar

Bodhitheblackdog said:

poppys said:


We were discussing it via the Debra Johnson and Phaedra info near the end of the last thread. It is part of the files and pertains to the investigation

.

OK Thanks...

.

I think that what both Debra Johnson and Crystal Z had to say about what was going on with Prince's song royalties/music helps to give us a better understanding of what was going on in Prince's inner-circle, and reveals how shady these people really are.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/27/18 11:58am

Bodhitheblackd
og

cloveringold85 said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

OK Thanks...

.

I think that what both Debra Johnson and Crystal Z had to say about what was going on with Prince's song royalties/music helps to give us a better understanding of what was going on in Prince's inner-circle, and reveals how shady these people really are.

makes you wonder how long he had been checked out of the business side of his life...but, wait...didn't JayZ 'look him in the eyes' right before Prince passed?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/27/18 12:05pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Bodhitheblackdog said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

I think that what both Debra Johnson and Crystal Z had to say about what was going on with Prince's song royalties/music helps to give us a better understanding of what was going on in Prince's inner-circle, and reveals how shady these people really are.

makes you wonder how long he had been checked out of the business side of his life...but, wait...didn't JayZ 'look him in the eyes' right before Prince passed?

.

I went to bed last night, feeling very confused about all of this. Did Prince know what was going on, or did he just check-out (mentally) with regard to his finances? Maybe he just didn't care anymore? confused

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/27/18 12:17pm

MMJas

avatar

cloveringold85 said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

makes you wonder how long he had been checked out of the business side of his life...but, wait...didn't JayZ 'look him in the eyes' right before Prince passed?

.

I went to bed last night, feeling very confused about all of this. Did Prince know what was going on, or did he just check-out (mentally) with regard to his finances? Maybe he just didn't care anymore? confused

Maybe he was just so wrapped up in trying to deal with the pain, arranging for illegal meds, hiding his addiction from the public, hiding it from his friends, trying to perform, etc, and people took advantage. Which makes it even worse, imo.

Over on LA there are two women posting who claim to seems have insight into Prince. One says she's friends with someone Prince dated and another says she knew him. The latter says the pain was so unbearable he used to wear a hip brace underneath the clothes, as well as wrist braces underneath that wrist jewelry of his. Funnily enough, I remember saying a year back that that seemed to me like a deliberate prop, so as to hide something underneath. And there were some photos which showed bandages underneath those things.
This woman is saying the pain was awful but he would press on and play, but that at times he complained about not being able to play properly with them on and would take them off. Then the inflammation would get worse....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/27/18 12:25pm

PeteSilas

from my understanding, prince requested it be taken down. He said things about people in a way he never did, it was out of character, my interpretation was that was the reason. others have said it was because he was high and realized it later.

poppys said:

The original article was published on the Ebony site Dec 22, 2015, but was taken down for reasons unknown.

EBONY: I talked to people about switching from Spotify to Tidal who didn’t want to recreate their playlists all over again.


Prince: That’s the line in the sand. That is exactly what I’m talking about. When you make issue of those things, that is exactly what ownership means. It doesn’t mean that you just get pimped by somebody. And none of our kids should be subject to this.

You can’t give away Google. You can’t give away the country. Nobody can just come up and just start selling the Statue of Liberty, stuff like that. So the Prince catalog now—and again, I don’t want to sound like a megalomaniac—but I have to manage it, that’s Americana now. You gave the Beatles $400 million and then tried to squash the news? That’s why Apple held out. I had more albums than they did.


This is someting Prince said about his own catalogue.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/27/18 12:25pm

1Sasha

Bodhitheblackdog said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

I think that what both Debra Johnson and Crystal Z had to say about what was going on with Prince's song royalties/music helps to give us a better understanding of what was going on in Prince's inner-circle, and reveals how shady these people really are.

makes you wonder how long he had been checked out of the business side of his life...but, wait...didn't JayZ 'look him in the eyes' right before Prince passed?

In the Rolling Stone interview from 2014 - which was published after his death - the reporter said that some "twenty-something" girls were handling his business affairs IIRC, with the inference being his affairs were in total chaos. So by 2014 he was already in the tank business-wise ... at least in my opinion and that of the reporter as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/27/18 12:27pm

1Sasha

MMJas said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

I went to bed last night, feeling very confused about all of this. Did Prince know what was going on, or did he just check-out (mentally) with regard to his finances? Maybe he just didn't care anymore? confused

Maybe he was just so wrapped up in trying to deal with the pain, arranging for illegal meds, hiding his addiction from the public, hiding it from his friends, trying to perform, etc, and people took advantage. Which makes it even worse, imo.

Over on LA there are two women posting who claim to seems have insight into Prince. One says she's friends with someone Prince dated and another says she knew him. The latter says the pain was so unbearable he used to wear a hip brace underneath the clothes, as well as wrist braces underneath that wrist jewelry of his. Funnily enough, I remember saying a year back that that seemed to me like a deliberate prop, so as to hide something underneath. And there were some photos which showed bandages underneath those things.
This woman is saying the pain was awful but he would press on and play, but that at times he complained about not being able to play properly with them on and would take them off. Then the inflammation would get worse....

Tom Petty was the same - in tremendous pain but playing on.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/27/18 12:30pm

NotACleverName

avatar

Bodhitheblackdog said:



cloveringold85 said:



Bodhitheblackdog said:

OK Thanks...


I think that what both Debra Johnson and Crystal Z had to say about what was going on with Prince's song royalties/music helps to give us a better understanding of what was going on in Prince's inner-circle, and reveals how shady these people really are.


makes you wonder how long he had been checked out of the business side of his life...but, wait...didn't JayZ 'look him in the eyes' right before Prince passed?


Performing Illumatti mind f*c games, no doubt.

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence......." ~ DESIDERATA ~ Max Ehrmann
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/27/18 12:41pm

Robbajobba

avatar

cloveringold85 said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

makes you wonder how long he had been checked out of the business side of his life...but, wait...didn't JayZ 'look him in the eyes' right before Prince passed?

.

I went to bed last night, feeling very confused about all of this. Did Prince know what was going on, or did he just check-out (mentally) with regard to his finances? Maybe he just didn't care anymore? confused

I've been wondering about this. Also thinking about all that speculation about him having Alzheimer's, and the Brown Mark interview about Prince forgetting he played bass... I never thought he had Alzheimer's, but I did wonder at the time of the MB interview if Prince had just been so doped up he wasn't always thinking straight. And so maybe wasn't keeping on top of his business like he might have done...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/27/18 12:42pm

PeteSilas

1Sasha said:

MMJas said:

Maybe he was just so wrapped up in trying to deal with the pain, arranging for illegal meds, hiding his addiction from the public, hiding it from his friends, trying to perform, etc, and people took advantage. Which makes it even worse, imo.

Over on LA there are two women posting who claim to seems have insight into Prince. One says she's friends with someone Prince dated and another says she knew him. The latter says the pain was so unbearable he used to wear a hip brace underneath the clothes, as well as wrist braces underneath that wrist jewelry of his. Funnily enough, I remember saying a year back that that seemed to me like a deliberate prop, so as to hide something underneath. And there were some photos which showed bandages underneath those things.
This woman is saying the pain was awful but he would press on and play, but that at times he complained about not being able to play properly with them on and would take them off. Then the inflammation would get worse....

Tom Petty was the same - in tremendous pain but playing on.

there was talk that his ears were bad too, an occupational hazard in that world. I saw the legendary Bernie Worrell a few years ago before he passed, he was obviously having trouble hearing onstage.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/27/18 12:45pm

PeteSilas

Robbajobba said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

I went to bed last night, feeling very confused about all of this. Did Prince know what was going on, or did he just check-out (mentally) with regard to his finances? Maybe he just didn't care anymore? confused

I've been wondering about this. Also thinking about all that speculation about him having Alzheimer's, and the Brown Mark interview about Prince forgetting he played bass... I never thought he had Alzheimer's, but I did wonder at the time of the MB interview if Prince had just been so doped up he wasn't always thinking straight. And so maybe wasn't keeping on top of his business like he might have done...

most likely that's how it is, if you've ever burned yourself out bad enough, you know it ain't no goddamn alzheimers fucking with your brain functioning, you're just exhausted.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/27/18 12:48pm

PeteSilas

1Sasha said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

makes you wonder how long he had been checked out of the business side of his life...but, wait...didn't JayZ 'look him in the eyes' right before Prince passed?

In the Rolling Stone interview from 2014 - which was published after his death - the reporter said that some "twenty-something" girls were handling his business affairs IIRC, with the inference being his affairs were in total chaos. So by 2014 he was already in the tank business-wise ... at least in my opinion and that of the reporter as well.

what do you mean in the tank? broke? either way, this is really looking suspicious as fuck, not like murder but like "he's going to die sooner or later, he ain't thinking straight, he's vulnerable, let's cash out all the way". fucked up if that's the case. does anyone know what Colonel Tom Parker said when he found out Elvis was dead???? they asked him what would he do now? he said "keep right on selling him". I'm glad when i was young i saw my dead dad get ripped off by one of his buddies, it fucked me up but it taught me not to trust anyone too.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/27/18 12:55pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

PeteSilas said:

1Sasha said:

In the Rolling Stone interview from 2014 - which was published after his death - the reporter said that some "twenty-something" girls were handling his business affairs IIRC, with the inference being his affairs were in total chaos. So by 2014 he was already in the tank business-wise ... at least in my opinion and that of the reporter as well.

what do you mean in the tank? broke? either way, this is really looking suspicious as fuck, not like murder but like "he's going to die sooner or later, he ain't thinking straight, he's vulnerable, let's cash out all the way". fucked up if that's the case. does anyone know what Colonel Tom Parker said when he found out Elvis was dead???? they asked him what would he do now? he said "keep right on selling him". I'm glad when i was young i saw my dead dad get ripped off by one of his buddies, it fucked me up but it taught me not to trust anyone too.

Yes, a lesson Prince learned at a painfully young age...from his parents. Sickening.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/27/18 12:57pm

poppys

PeteSilas said:

from my understanding, prince requested it be taken down. He said things about people in a way he never did, it was out of character, my interpretation was that was the reason. others have said it was because he was high and realized it later.

poppys said:

The original article was published on the Ebony site Dec 22, 2015, but was taken down for reasons unknown.

EBONY: I talked to people about switching from Spotify to Tidal who didn’t want to recreate their playlists all over again.


Prince: That’s the line in the sand. That is exactly what I’m talking about. When you make issue of those things, that is exactly what ownership means. It doesn’t mean that you just get pimped by somebody. And none of our kids should be subject to this.

You can’t give away Google. You can’t give away the country. Nobody can just come up and just start selling the Statue of Liberty, stuff like that. So the Prince catalog now—and again, I don’t want to sound like a megalomaniac—but I have to manage it, that’s Americana now. You gave the Beatles $400 million and then tried to squash the news? That’s why Apple held out. I had more albums than they did.


This is someting Prince said about his own catalogue.


Still doesn't change the fact that his catalogue was larger than the Beatles - let's consider what the man said. We are discussing regarding the estate.

The high comment is mean speculation. Drop a grudge, please!




  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/27/18 12:57pm

Robbajobba

avatar

PeteSilas said:

1Sasha said:

In the Rolling Stone interview from 2014 - which was published after his death - the reporter said that some "twenty-something" girls were handling his business affairs IIRC, with the inference being his affairs were in total chaos. So by 2014 he was already in the tank business-wise ... at least in my opinion and that of the reporter as well.

what do you mean in the tank? broke? either way, this is really looking suspicious as fuck, not like murder but like "he's going to die sooner or later, he ain't thinking straight, he's vulnerable, let's cash out all the way". fucked up if that's the case. does anyone know what Colonel Tom Parker said when he found out Elvis was dead???? they asked him what would he do now? he said "keep right on selling him". I'm glad when i was young i saw my dead dad get ripped off by one of his buddies, it fucked me up but it taught me not to trust anyone too.

Yup. Colonel Parker (and Tony Defries's Mainman outfit that 'managed' Bowie's business during his coke years) are exactly who came to mind when I was listening to the Debra Johnson tape

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/27/18 12:57pm

PeteSilas

Bodhitheblackdog said:

PeteSilas said:

what do you mean in the tank? broke? either way, this is really looking suspicious as fuck, not like murder but like "he's going to die sooner or later, he ain't thinking straight, he's vulnerable, let's cash out all the way". fucked up if that's the case. does anyone know what Colonel Tom Parker said when he found out Elvis was dead???? they asked him what would he do now? he said "keep right on selling him". I'm glad when i was young i saw my dead dad get ripped off by one of his buddies, it fucked me up but it taught me not to trust anyone too.

Yes, a lesson Prince learned at a painfully young age...from his parents. Sickening.

afraid so, just another thing that drew me too him.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/27/18 12:59pm

PeteSilas

poppys said:

PeteSilas said:

from my understanding, prince requested it be taken down. He said things about people in a way he never did, it was out of character, my interpretation was that was the reason. others have said it was because he was high and realized it later.


Still doesn't change the fact that his catalogue was larger than the Beatles - let's consider what the man said. We are discussing regarding the estate.

The high comment is mean speculation. Drop a grudge, please!




hey poppy, i did not say that, i didn't even interpret it that way, but some people did and thus they thought that was the reason Prince demanded it pulled. My take was, he let himself show a little bit of anger at old associates which he never did, realized it was out of character for his usual classy self and had it pulled. either way, we don't know.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/27/18 1:10pm

poppys

PeteSilas said:

poppys said:


Still doesn't change the fact that his catalogue was larger than the Beatles - let's consider what the man said. We are discussing regarding the estate.

The high comment is mean speculation. Drop a grudge, please!




hey poppy, i did not say that, i didn't even interpret it that way, but some people did and thus they thought that was the reason Prince demanded it pulled. My take was, he let himself show a little bit of anger at old associates which he never did, realized it was out of character for his usual classy self and had it pulled. either way, we don't know.

Ok hug

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/27/18 1:22pm

luvsexy4all

how come I got dumped on when i questioned WHO had more to gain by him being dead than alive?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/27/18 1:27pm

PeteSilas

luvsexy4all said:

how come I got dumped on when i questioned WHO had more to gain by him being dead than alive?

as bob arum once said when he was caught in a lie "yesterday i was lying, today I'm telling the truth" all things are relative baby.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/27/18 1:34pm

PurpleDiamonds
1

luvsexy4all said:

how come I got dumped on when i questioned WHO had more to gain by him being dead than alive?



I agreed with you...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/27/18 1:38pm

PeteSilas

this stuff is really making me angry, i'm gonna break for a bit.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 26 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > No murder charge in prince's death Investigation Discussion - Continued - Part 9