independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 16th Nov 2018 1:02pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Newsroom stories: TMZ talks about the day Prince died
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 10/17/18 11:17am

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



This reporter said it was the Top 5 News Story that stopped the world, and stopped the newsroom.

I see, thank you. It stopped all of us in our tracks that's for sure.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 10/17/18 7:39pm

funksterr

Krystalkisses said:

PennyPurple said:

Nah, they didn't have a hand in it. Those close to him are the ones who didn't do anything until the very last second.

Truth Penny! Why should that be TMZ's responsibility? How about friends/family/girlfriends? People who were in his life and suppose to care about this man's wellbeing? This whole story is tragic in more ways than one.

No one involved cared less about his wellbeing, than the man himself and that is where the problem was.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 10/19/18 8:41am

Krystalkisses

avatar

funksterr said:



Krystalkisses said:


PennyPurple said:


Nah, they didn't have a hand in it. Those close to him are the ones who didn't do anything until the very last second.



Truth Penny! Why should that be TMZ's responsibility? How about friends/family/girlfriends? People who were in his life and suppose to care about this man's wellbeing? This whole story is tragic in more ways than one.

No one involved cared less about his wellbeing, than the man himself and that is where the problem was.



Well, that is the heartbreaking reality yes. There isn't much anyone else can do if someone doesn't have a basic sense of self-love deep at their core. I swear this whole thing has really put a lot of what is important in life into perspective for me. I can't believe this is how it ended for my childhood idol but yet part of me isnt. It just makes me incredibly sad.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 10/19/18 10:05am

Cinny

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



I think this video by TMZ was very respectful.


The part that bugs me is explaining WHY no one saw it coming because we weren't used to seeing Prince get DUI's, etc.. but that really confuses why/how he overdosed, comparing him to freakier stars.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 10/19/18 10:20am

Krystalkisses

avatar

Cinny said:



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:




I think this video by TMZ was very respectful.





The part that bugs me is explaining WHY no one saw it coming because we weren't used to seeing Prince get DUI's, etc.. but that really confuses why/how he overdosed, comparing him to freakier stars.



Really?? All that part emphasized to me was Prince was a master at constructing and protecting this untouchable "Rock God" image his whole life, and truly at his peril. Everyone pretty much bought into his "infallible" persona. Except perhaps those who were close to him (I mean as close as someone could be) or those who could "see". To the general public this was one of the most shocking endings ever.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 10/19/18 10:45am

onlyforaminute

From the comments I see it isn't what I thought it was but still I will not be searching this out to view, it's just reliving it all over again with no explanation of how it got to this beyond what I can come up with in my own mind. I'm ready to move forward and not keep reliving.

"You want to know your biggest fault? You don’t keep true accounts: you put a high value on what you’ve given, a low value on what you’ve received."

- Seneca, On Anger 3.31.3
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 10/19/18 11:01am

FUNKNROLL

TrivialPursuit said:



FUNKNROLL said:


They had a hand in this. Put down the camera. Approach with respect and find words to say “I’m worried about you. Do you feel safe? How can I help?” No. They took photos and posted his downward spiral online. Now they want to look back? No.


That's cute and all but it's unrealistic and it is catastrophic language which helps no one. Logic is everyone's biggest friend here.



If you carefully read what I wrote you will find facts. Only one of us is engaged in ad hominem and hyperbole. You are dismissing finding moral fault with persons who purposely shadowed Prince for profiting from his downward spiral. And now they are pretending to mourn. Ethics is everyone’s biggest friend here.


[Edited 10/19/18 11:02am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 10/19/18 11:19am

PennyPurple

avatar

Krystalkisses said:

Really?? All that part emphasized to me was Prince was a master at constructing and protecting this untouchable "Rock God" image his whole life, and truly at his peril. Everyone pretty much bought into his "infallible" persona. Except perhaps those who were close to him (I mean as close as someone could be) or those who could "see". To the general public this was one of the most shocking endings ever.

yes

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 10/19/18 11:46am

TrivialPursuit

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

This reporter said it was the Top 5 News Story that stopped the world, and stopped the newsroom.

I think it could be safe to say that we all felt like the world stopped spinning that day. TMZ employees were no different.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 10/19/18 12:11pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

This reporter said it was the Top 5 News Story that stopped the world, and stopped the newsroom.

I think it could be safe to say that we all felt like the world stopped spinning that day. TMZ employees were no different.



..... "stopped the world" includes us.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 10/19/18 12:22pm

minnesoundlvr

TrivialPursuit said: shocked

FUNKNROLL said:

They had a hand in this. Put down the camera. Approach with respect and find words to say “I’m worried about you. Do you feel safe? How can I help?” No. They took photos and posted his downward spiral online. Now they want to look back? No.


That's cute and all but it's unrealistic and it is catastrophic language which helps no one. If he wasn't listening to Kirk or Judith Hill or Mayte (who alleged touched base with him only a few weeks prior as did Sheila E), why would he listen to a random satellite reporter for TMZ?? Logic is everyone's biggest friend here.

I know everyone is still trying to pin Prince's demise on someone other than Prince, but it certainly is not TMZ's fault he died the way every other rock star does - by an overdose of drugs. He was taking pills way before TMZ ever existed. Don't fool yourselves in this.

shocked Where is it "alleged" that Mayte was in contact with Prince "a few weeks prior" to his tragic death?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 10/19/18 7:19pm

peggyon

Cinny said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



I think this video by TMZ was very respectful.


The part that bugs me is explaining WHY no one saw it coming because we weren't used to seeing Prince get DUI's, etc.. but that really confuses why/how he overdosed, comparing him to freakier stars.

I think several people saw it coming, primarily his staff (It seems it was difficult to reason with him and they were in subordinant positions). Tyka states she "knew" something was up for 2 years.

Very cryptic group, like their boss.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 10/19/18 8:24pm

PennyPurple

avatar

minnesoundlvr said:

TrivialPursuit said: shocked


That's cute and all but it's unrealistic and it is catastrophic language which helps no one. If he wasn't listening to Kirk or Judith Hill or Mayte (who alleged touched base with him only a few weeks prior as did Sheila E), why would he listen to a random satellite reporter for TMZ?? Logic is everyone's biggest friend here.

I know everyone is still trying to pin Prince's demise on someone other than Prince, but it certainly is not TMZ's fault he died the way every other rock star does - by an overdose of drugs. He was taking pills way before TMZ ever existed. Don't fool yourselves in this.

shocked Where is it "alleged" that Mayte was in contact with Prince "a few weeks prior" to his tragic death?

They never got thru to Prince. After the plane went down, Sheila E tried calling and he wouldn't take her phone call, same as Mayte. They spoke to an Assitant who said he was fine.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 10/20/18 5:34pm

Seahorsie

PennyPurple said:

minnesoundlvr said:

shocked Where is it "alleged" that Mayte was in contact with Prince "a few weeks prior" to his tragic death?

They never got thru to Prince. After the plane went down, Sheila E tried calling and he wouldn't take her phone call, same as Mayte. They spoke to an Assitant who said he was fine.

Well, maybe it's the mom in me, from about 2014 until he passed, he was looking really frail, and not right to me. (Too much loss in weight) If I am remembering it right (this is hard to mention), he only weighed in at 117 lbs. according to the autopsy report. That is just way too skinny for a man, even if he is around 5 ft! I am sure if you saw him in person in '16, it would have been so obvious.

I have seen in my own family the weight loss opiod drug addiction can have on someone... sad

Good morning children...take a look out your window.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 10/20/18 10:39pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Seahorsie said:

PennyPurple said:

They never got thru to Prince. After the plane went down, Sheila E tried calling and he wouldn't take her phone call, same as Mayte. They spoke to an Assitant who said he was fine.

Well, maybe it's the mom in me, from about 2014 until he passed, he was looking really frail, and not right to me. (Too much loss in weight) If I am remembering it right (this is hard to mention), he only weighed in at 117 lbs. according to the autopsy report. That is just way too skinny for a man, even if he is around 5 ft! I am sure if you saw him in person in '16, it would have been so obvious.

I have seen in my own family the weight loss opiod drug addiction can have on someone... sad

Prince looked healthy in 2014 and performed without a flaw; I saw him just a few feet away in a small club. It was in 2015 that he started looking too thin and not healthy to me in videos and on TV. BTW, TMZ is a cesspool...

"If you're living, you've got nothing left to prove..."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 10/21/18 8:32am

Seahorsie

purplethunder3121 said:

Seahorsie said:

Well, maybe it's the mom in me, from about 2014 until he passed, he was looking really frail, and not right to me. (Too much loss in weight) If I am remembering it right (this is hard to mention), he only weighed in at 117 lbs. according to the autopsy report. That is just way too skinny for a man, even if he is around 5 ft! I am sure if you saw him in person in '16, it would have been so obvious.

I have seen in my own family the weight loss opiod drug addiction can have on someone... sad

Prince looked healthy in 2014 and performed without a flaw; I saw him just a few feet away in a small club. It was in 2015 that he started looking too thin and not healthy to me in videos and on TV. BTW, TMZ is a cesspool...

OK, may have got the year wrong, but you understand. So wonderful that you got to see him so close then. Yeah, I know what TMZ is all about...

Good morning children...take a look out your window.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 10/21/18 12:23pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Seahorsie said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Prince looked healthy in 2014 and performed without a flaw; I saw him just a few feet away in a small club. It was in 2015 that he started looking too thin and not healthy to me in videos and on TV. BTW, TMZ is a cesspool...

OK, may have got the year wrong, but you understand. So wonderful that you got to see him so close then. Yeah, I know what TMZ is all about...

Yeah, so glad I got to go to that benefit concert--the only time I was able to see Prince in a small club! It was wonderful. A strange coincidence happened after he passed away--I went to another small club in town and got into a conversation with the coat check girl, who also happened to be a fashion designer. She said that she was called in to the same 2014 gig I went to for a "fashion emergency" by Prince's people (on the suggestion of the local venue's management) because he couldn't get his usual person to come in for last minute outfit fixes. The young woman said she went backstage and expected Prince to be a prima donna type but she said he was just the opposite. He wanted some lace and alterations added to an outfit he wanted to wear that night and when she told him she couldn't do it the way he wanted on such short notice, she suggested another way... She said he listened to her and told her to do it the way she thought was best. She also said he was soft spoken, mellow, and not at all the "difficult" person she had heard he was to deal with... Just thought I'd share this unusual story. wink

[Edited 10/21/18 12:27pm]

"If you're living, you've got nothing left to prove..."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 10/21/18 12:59pm

XxAxX

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

Seahorsie said:

OK, may have got the year wrong, but you understand. So wonderful that you got to see him so close then. Yeah, I know what TMZ is all about...

Yeah, so glad I got to go to that benefit concert--the only time I was able to see Prince in a small club! It was wonderful. A strange coincidence happened after he passed away--I went to another small club in town and got into a conversation with the coat check girl, who also happened to be a fashion designer. She said that she was called in to the same 2014 gig I went to for a "fashion emergency" by Prince's people (on the suggestion of the local venue's management) because he couldn't get his usual person to come in for last minute outfit fixes. The young woman said she went backstage and expected Prince to be a prima donna type but she said he was just the opposite. He wanted some lace and alterations added to an outfit he wanted to wear that night and when she told him she couldn't do it the way he wanted on such short notice, she suggested another way... She said he listened to her and told her to do it the way she thought was best. She also said he was soft spoken, mellow, and not at all the "difficult" person she had heard he was to deal with... Just thought I'd share this unusual story. wink

[Edited 10/21/18 12:27pm]



cool story, thanks! thumbs up!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 10/21/18 1:20pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

XxAxX said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Yeah, so glad I got to go to that benefit concert--the only time I was able to see Prince in a small club! It was wonderful. A strange coincidence happened after he passed away--I went to another small club in town and got into a conversation with the coat check girl, who also happened to be a fashion designer. She said that she was called in to the same 2014 gig I went to for a "fashion emergency" by Prince's people (on the suggestion of the local venue's management) because he couldn't get his usual person to come in for last minute outfit fixes. The young woman said she went backstage and expected Prince to be a prima donna type but she said he was just the opposite. He wanted some lace and alterations added to an outfit he wanted to wear that night and when she told him she couldn't do it the way he wanted on such short notice, she suggested another way... She said he listened to her and told her to do it the way she thought was best. She also said he was soft spoken, mellow, and not at all the "difficult" person she had heard he was to deal with... Just thought I'd share this unusual story. wink

[Edited 10/21/18 12:27pm]



cool story, thanks! thumbs up!

You're welcome! That was such a weird experience--I complimented the lady on her outfit and she said she made it herself. And then we got into a conversation about Prince and she told me this story. cool

"If you're living, you've got nothing left to prove..."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 10/21/18 9:24pm

Krystalkisses

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:



Seahorsie said:




purplethunder3121 said:



Prince looked healthy in 2014 and performed without a flaw; I saw him just a few feet away in a small club. It was in 2015 that he started looking too thin and not healthy to me in videos and on TV. BTW, TMZ is a cesspool...



OK, may have got the year wrong, but you understand. So wonderful that you got to see him so close then. Yeah, I know what TMZ is all about...



Yeah, so glad I got to go to that benefit concert--the only time I was able to see Prince in a small club! It was wonderful. A strange coincidence happened after he passed away--I went to another small club in town and got into a conversation with the coat check girl, who also happened to be a fashion designer. She said that she was called in to the same 2014 gig I went to for a "fashion emergency" by Prince's people (on the suggestion of the local venue's management) because he couldn't get his usual person to come in for last minute outfit fixes. The young woman said she went backstage and expected Prince to be a prima donna type but she said he was just the opposite. He wanted some lace and alterations added to an outfit he wanted to wear that night and when she told him she couldn't do it the way he wanted on such short notice, she suggested another way... She said he listened to her and told her to do it the way she thought was best. She also said he was soft spoken, mellow, and not at all the "difficult" person she had heard he was to deal with... Just thought I'd share this unusual story. wink

[Edited 10/21/18 12:27pm]



Aww, cool. I enjoy hearing stories like that about him.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 11/05/18 1:59am

funksterr

Krystalkisses said:

funksterr said:

No one involved cared less about his wellbeing, than the man himself and that is where the problem was.

Well, that is the heartbreaking reality yes. There isn't much anyone else can do if someone doesn't have a basic sense of self-love deep at their core. I swear this whole thing has really put a lot of what is important in life into perspective for me. I can't believe this is how it ended for my childhood idol but yet part of me isnt. It just makes me incredibly sad.

Given what happened, I understand why that may seem true. From my perspective it wasn't the case though. Like, if we say they don't have self-love, then that diminishes the battle they fought TO LIVE. From what I know, they fought and fought and fought and fought and fought to stay in this EXPERIENCE. I'm getting, um misty, just thinking about it. They believed in Heaven as sort of a Land Of Oz, and dying was like Dorothy FALLING ASLEEP in black and white, and waking up to a beautiful new world... IN COLOR! They didn't view death as an end to their existence, just something fun and new. They saw the choice to stay in this life as HIGHLY OPTIONAL, and really they were only doing it as a favor. Nobody knows what happened 4/21 though, but in the years and decades leading up to it this was um, BROUGHT UP.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 11/05/18 9:23am

Krystalkisses

avatar

funksterr said:



Krystalkisses said:


funksterr said:


No one involved cared less about his wellbeing, than the man himself and that is where the problem was.



Well, that is the heartbreaking reality yes. There isn't much anyone else can do if someone doesn't have a basic sense of self-love deep at their core. I swear this whole thing has really put a lot of what is important in life into perspective for me. I can't believe this is how it ended for my childhood idol but yet part of me isnt. It just makes me incredibly sad.

Given what happened, I understand why that may seem true. From my perspective it wasn't the case though. Like, if we say they don't have self-love, then that diminishes the battle they fought TO LIVE. From what I know, they fought and fought and fought and fought and fought to stay in this EXPERIENCE. I'm getting, um misty, just thinking about it. They believed in Heaven as sort of a Land Of Oz, and dying was like Dorothy FALLING ASLEEP in black and white, and waking up to a beautiful new world... IN COLOR! They didn't view death as an end to their existence, just something fun and new. They saw the choice to stay in this life as HIGHLY OPTIONAL, and really they were only doing it as a favor. Nobody knows what happened 4/21 though, but in the years and decades leading up to it this was um, BROUGHT UP.



Yes, I'm just speculating from the outside looking in, just what would seem logical because of how it all ended. I just don't want to believe he just kinda gave up on life. He always seemed so strong and when the going got tough, he got going...he inspired me that way.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 11/05/18 5:28pm

peggyon

funksterr said:

Given what happened, I understand why that may seem true. From my perspective it wasn't the case though. Like, if we say they don't have self-love, then that diminishes the battle they fought TO LIVE. From what I know, they fought and fought and fought and fought and fought to stay in this EXPERIENCE. I'm getting, um misty, just thinking about it. They believed in Heaven as sort of a Land Of Oz, and dying was like Dorothy FALLING ASLEEP in black and white, and waking up to a beautiful new world... IN COLOR! They didn't view death as an end to their existence, just something fun and new. They saw the choice to stay in this life as HIGHLY OPTIONAL, and really they were only doing it as a favor. Nobody knows what happened 4/21 though, but in the years and decades leading up to it this was um, BROUGHT UP.


Interesting take on things...it was brought up? Not certain what this means?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 11/05/18 9:36pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

peggyon said:

funksterr said:

Interesting take on things...it was brought up? Not certain what this means?



I second the motion.


pimp2

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Newsroom stories: TMZ talks about the day Prince died