independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 25th Aug 2019 4:27pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > What is your (Originals 2) track list? 15 songs
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/27/19 5:33am

leadline

avatar

What is your (Originals 2) track list? 15 songs


The guy who mixed Originals was given 50+ songs for that project according to his peach&black interview. They have all been completed. Lets see your best 15 songs and how close we can get if Originals 2 ever happens, which I think it will.



1. With This Tear

2. The Bird

3. Screams of Passion

4. Cool Love

5. Telepathy

6. Mia Boca

7. Blood Is Thicker Than Time

8. My Tender Heart

9. Don't Say U Love Me

10. 101

11. Desire

12. The Belle Of St. Mark

13. COOL

14. Sugar Walls

15. If I Could Get Your Attention

[Edited 7/27/19 11:06am]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/27/19 5:46am

udo

avatar

How many minutes is this?

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/27/19 5:47am

udo

avatar

Where is 101?

Make it the bonus track for the Japanese version, please.

[Edited 7/27/19 5:49am]

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/27/19 5:52am

leadline

avatar

udo said:

Where is 101?

Make it the bonus track for the Japanese version, please.

[Edited 7/27/19 5:49am]


Heh yeah COOL took its place, but sure, 101 as a bonus works for me, such a great track.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/27/19 6:11am

udo

avatar

Do unreleased songs count for 'Originals'?

In this list they do...

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/27/19 6:16am

leadline

avatar

udo said:

Do unreleased songs count for 'Originals'?

In this list they do...


Don't think so, only songs he gave to other artists that were on a released album.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/27/19 6:41am

VaultCurator

avatar

Hi there. I'll give this a shot, although I have to admit I'm not familiar with everything he offered to other artists. I really need to listen to more Sheila E amongst others. Unfortunately with some of these I have to assume that original versions with Prince's guide vocal exist, as not all of them are circulating.

.

01. All Day, All Night (Jill Jones)
02. Get It Up (The Time)
03. Modernaire (Dez Dickerson)
04. Cool Love (Sheena Easton)
05. The Walk (The Time)
06. Telepathy (Deborah Allen)
07. Nasty Girl (Vanity 6)
08. Baby Go-Go (Nona Hendryx)
09. Sugar Walls (Sheena Easton)
10. My Drawers (The Time)
11. Neon Telephone (Three O'Clock)
12. Data Bank (The Time)
13. If I Love You 2Nite (Mica Paris & Mayte)
14. 101 (Sheena Easton)
15. Desire (The Family)

.

Edited for formatting

[Edited 7/27/19 6:41am]

The message you're about to hear is not meant for transmission
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/27/19 6:47am

udo

avatar

leadline said:

udo said:

Do unreleased songs count for 'Originals'?

In this list they do...


Don't think so, only songs he gave to other artists that were on a released album.

.

Well then: http://princevault.com/in...Need_A_Man

.

Prince worked on the track again, possibly re-recording it entirely, on 31 May 1988, at Paisley Park Studios in Chanhassen, Minnesota. The track remains unreleased, however.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/27/19 8:21am

EmmaMcG

avatar

1. High Fashion
2. A Love Bizarre
3. Don't Say You Love Me
4. My Drawers
5. Screams of Passion
6. 101
7. If I Love You Tonight
8. Cool
9. Modernaire
10. Get It Up
11. Dance Electric
12. Telepathy
13. If I Could Get Your Attention
14. The Bird
15. Mutiny
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/27/19 11:07am

leadline

avatar

udo said:

leadline said:


Don't think so, only songs he gave to other artists that were on a released album.

.

Well then: http://princevault.com/in...Need_A_Man

.

Prince worked on the track again, possibly re-recording it entirely, on 31 May 1988, at Paisley Park Studios in Chanhassen, Minnesota. The track remains unreleased, however.


Thx! Cant believe I missed that. 101 it is.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/27/19 11:08am

leadline

avatar

VaultCurator said:

Hi there. I'll give this a shot, although I have to admit I'm not familiar with everything he offered to other artists. I really need to listen to more Sheila E amongst others. Unfortunately with some of these I have to assume that original versions with Prince's guide vocal exist, as not all of them are circulating.

.

01. All Day, All Night (Jill Jones)
02. Get It Up (The Time)
03. Modernaire (Dez Dickerson)
04. Cool Love (Sheena Easton)
05. The Walk (The Time)
06. Telepathy (Deborah Allen)
07. Nasty Girl (Vanity 6)
08. Baby Go-Go (Nona Hendryx)
09. Sugar Walls (Sheena Easton)
10. My Drawers (The Time)
11. Neon Telephone (Three O'Clock)
12. Data Bank (The Time)
13. If I Love You 2Nite (Mica Paris & Mayte)
14. 101 (Sheena Easton)
15. Desire (The Family)

.

Edited for formatting

[Edited 7/27/19 6:41am]


Get It Up, now that is the jam and would be amazing to hear, as well as Modernaire. Nice list VaultCurator.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/27/19 11:38am

jfenster

can we find out what 50 songs?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/27/19 11:50am

leadline

avatar

jfenster said:

can we find out what 50 songs?


No, he wouldn't answer that when asked by the interviewer and I am sure he is under a non disclosure agreement of some sort.

He mentioned he even had one on cassette, they managed to use software to pull off the individual tracks and then retracked the multi's they extracted.

Good interview if you have not heard it. Just search Peach & Black Nikos Balak.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/27/19 1:21pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

VaultCurator said:

Hi there. I'll give this a shot, although I have to admit I'm not familiar with everything he offered to other artists. I really need to listen to more Sheila E amongst others. Unfortunately with some of these I have to assume that original versions with Prince's guide vocal exist, as not all of them are circulating.

.

01. All Day, All Night (Jill Jones)
02. Get It Up (The Time)
03. Modernaire (Dez Dickerson)
04. Cool Love (Sheena Easton) (isn't this out? I have it, I think)
05. The Walk (The Time)
06. Telepathy (Deborah Allen)
07. Nasty Girl (Vanity 6)
08. Baby Go-Go (Nona Hendryx)
09. Sugar Walls (Sheena Easton)
10. My Drawers (The Time)
11. Neon Telephone (Three O'Clock)
12. Data Bank (The Time)
13. If I Love You 2Nite (Mica Paris & Mayte)
14. 101 (Sheena Easton)
15. Desire (The Family)

.

Must haves in bold.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/27/19 1:28pm

Strive

Two songs I'd like to hear eventually are Can't Keep Living Alone (Tamar Davis) and Back In Time (Judith Hill). I always felt like the Prince version of those songs would be on a different level.

no yesterday or tomorrow, no better remedy for sorrow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/27/19 1:40pm

bobgeorge77

TrivialPursuit said:



VaultCurator said:


Hi there. I'll give this a shot, although I have to admit I'm not familiar with everything he offered to other artists. I really need to listen to more Sheila E amongst others. Unfortunately with some of these I have to assume that original versions with Prince's guide vocal exist, as not all of them are circulating.


.


01. All Day, All Night (Jill Jones)
02. Get It Up (The Time)
03. Modernaire (Dez Dickerson)
04. Cool Love (Sheena Easton) (isn't this out? I have it, I think)
05. The Walk (The Time)
06. Telepathy (Deborah Allen)
07. Nasty Girl (Vanity 6)
08. Baby Go-Go (Nona Hendryx)
09. Sugar Walls (Sheena Easton)
10. My Drawers (The Time)
11. Neon Telephone (Three O'Clock)
12. Data Bank (The Time)
13. If I Love You 2Nite (Mica Paris & Mayte)
14. 101 (Sheena Easton)
15. Desire (The Family)


.





Must haves in bold.


I would love to have nasty girl and 101! Nasty girl seems like a no brained and should have been in volume 1. I would also like to have Come Home!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/27/19 1:45pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

The Belle of St. Mark

Sugar Walls

G-Spot

Time Waits For No One
777-9311

The Walk
With This Tear
Nasty Girl
Jaguar

Baby Go-Go

Desire
Train
If I Love U 2 Nite
All Day, All Night

Come Home





Edit

For Love/For Lust
The Walk

The Bird
Don't Say U Love Me
Next Time Wipe The Lipstick Off Your Collar
Romance 1600

Drive Me Wild

[Edited 7/27/19 13:56pm]

Antifa: are Fascist. People are fooled by their name! They carry out acts of violence to instill fear in order to push a political agenda or combat one. Do you support them?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/27/19 2:42pm

leadline

avatar

Strive said:

Two songs I'd like to hear eventually are Can't Keep Living Alone (Tamar Davis) and Back In Time (Judith Hill). I always felt like the Prince version of those songs would be on a different level.


That entire Tamar album with him on vocals would have been a pretty amazing offering. Every track is great.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/27/19 5:16pm

Militant

avatar

moderator

VaultCurator said:

13. If I Love You 2Nite (Mica Paris & Mayte)


Prince's vocal version of this was already released.

Accidentally. But still, it's officially available and not super hard to find.

What happened was that his vocal version somehow ended up on the promo 12" pressing of Mica's version, labelled as the "LP Mix". They fixed it for the commercial pressing, but there's tons of copies of the promo out there.




 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/28/19 4:15am

Rimshottbob

leadline said:

jfenster said:

can we find out what 50 songs?


No, he wouldn't answer that when asked by the interviewer and I am sure he is under a non disclosure agreement of some sort.

He mentioned he even ****had one on cassette, they managed to use software to pull off the individual tracks****** and then retracked the multi's they extracted.

Good interview if you have not heard it. Just search Peach & Black Nikos Balak.

Wait, what? That's not actually possible, surely.

[Edited 7/28/19 4:15am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/28/19 4:22am

udo

avatar

leadline said:

He mentioned he even had one on cassette, they managed to use software to pull off the individual tracks and then retracked the multi's they extracted.

.

Cassette as in 'compact cassette' that everyone and their grandma used a few decades ago??

Is dumping analog audio from a cassette to a DAW a feat to be mentioned nowadays?

Oh dear, where is this world going...

.

.

.

.

.

less typos after the edit!

[Edited 7/28/19 6:48am]

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/28/19 6:30am

Militant

avatar

moderator

Rimshottbob said:

leadline said:


No, he wouldn't answer that when asked by the interviewer and I am sure he is under a non disclosure agreement of some sort.

He mentioned he even ****had one on cassette, they managed to use software to pull off the individual tracks****** and then retracked the multi's they extracted.

Good interview if you have not heard it. Just search Peach & Black Nikos Balak.

Wait, what? That's not actually possible, surely.

Yes it is. There is software out there these days that can take a mixed song and isolate the drums, the vocals, the synths.

Results tend to vary, but it sometimes works very well indeed.


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/29/19 2:27am

VaultCurator

avatar

Militant said:

VaultCurator said:

13. If I Love You 2Nite (Mica Paris & Mayte)


Prince's vocal version of this was already released.

Accidentally. But still, it's officially available and not super hard to find.

What happened was that his vocal version somehow ended up on the promo 12" pressing of Mica's version, labelled as the "LP Mix". They fixed it for the commercial pressing, but there's tons of copies of the promo out there.




Seriously! This is the first I've heard of this. That's amazing. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. That'll be a fantastic little collectors piece. I love that song. Thanks for the info.

The message you're about to hear is not meant for transmission
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/29/19 1:18pm

dbpdexter

If we do get an originals 2 I want the actual original Prince version not the guide vocal album version unless of course the song was specifically wriitten for the intended artist and I hope the mix is better without all of that echo in the lead vocals. They should of put the original 100mph and baby you're a trip on originals 1 not the over produced mazarati song and baby you're a trip is the jill jones version with Prince guide vocals not the original with his lavish background voocals. It's called originals but they didn't give us his originals.

AKA PDEXTER
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/29/19 6:16pm

leadline

avatar

dbpdexter said:

If we do get an originals 2 I want the actual original Prince version not the guide vocal album version unless of course the song was specifically wriitten for the intended artist and I hope the mix is better without all of that echo in the lead vocals. They should of put the original 100mph and baby you're a trip on originals 1 not the over produced mazarati song and baby you're a trip is the jill jones version with Prince guide vocals not the original with his lavish background voocals. It's called originals but they didn't give us his originals.


THANK YOU! More people need to be talking about his voice drowning in reverb, or the guy who mixed the 60+ songs for this project, and is continuing to mix songs for other projects, will just keep doing it.

It takes Prince's vocal out of the song, makes it seem foreign to the song, and it needs to stop.

Adding echo does not equal a more polished song/mix.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/29/19 8:35pm

udo

avatar

leadline said:

More people need to be talking about his voice drowning in reverb, or the guy who mixed the 60+ songs for this project, and is continuing to mix songs for other projects, will just keep doing it.

.

in this mixer guy interview he mentions he 'has a PHD in reverb'.... lol

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/29/19 9:03pm

leadline

avatar

udo said:

leadline said:

More people need to be talking about his voice drowning in reverb, or the guy who mixed the 60+ songs for this project, and is continuing to mix songs for other projects, will just keep doing it.

.

in this mixer guy interview he mentions he 'has a PHD in reverb'.... lol


I remember that heh, perplexed that that is something to brag about.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/29/19 9:08pm

udo

avatar

leadline said:

udo said:

.

in this mixer guy interview he mentions he 'has a PHD in reverb'.... lol


I remember that heh, perplexed that that is something to brag about.

.

So we need extra effort to counter that.

Is there no real oversight over details like that?

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/29/19 9:32pm

leadline

avatar

udo said:

leadline said:


I remember that heh, perplexed that that is something to brag about.

.

So we need extra effort to counter that.

Is there no real oversight over details like that?


I don't think so, clearly the estate liked what he did though because they used his mixes and are giving him more all the time.

Even if the estate came to the knowledge that fans out there aren't a fan of the drowning reverb, I doubt things would change, they would most likely assume it is just a few one off people that are concerned about it, which would be true since most people have not brought it up as an issue for them.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/29/19 9:58pm

udo

avatar

leadline said:

udo said:

.

So we need extra effort to counter that.

Is there no real oversight over details like that?


I don't think so, clearly the estate liked what he did though because they used his mixes and are giving him more all the time.

Even if the estate came to the knowledge that fans out there aren't a fan of the drowning reverb, I doubt things would change, they would most likely assume it is just a few one off people that are concerned about it, which would be true since most people have not brought it up as an issue for them.

.

Simply compare to the original mixes and the way they were done.

It's not period-correct.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > What is your (Originals 2) track list? 15 songs