independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 7th Dec 2019 11:54pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Where u member of the NPG Music Club?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/14/19 1:47pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Where u member of the NPG Music Club?

Do you remember your username? biggrin razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/14/19 1:59pm

Bighead

Mine was the same as here.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/14/19 2:57pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

This is like a six month rotation of the same question.

I was never a member. I used a friend's login to grab everything. And still have the files.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/14/19 2:59pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Bighead said:

Mine was the same as here.

Cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/14/19 3:01pm

Astasheiks

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

This is like a six month rotation of the same question.

I was never a member. I used a friend's login to grab everything. And still have the files.

I guess I should have ran a search, haha biggrin razz

I was thinking more inline of the Forums but forgot about the music files, great reminder

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/14/19 8:26pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Astasheiks said:

TrivialPursuit said:

This is like a six month rotation of the same question.

I was never a member. I used a friend's login to grab everything. And still have the files.

I guess I should have ran a search, haha biggrin razz

I was thinking more inline of the Forums but forgot about the music files, great reminder


But, it's a music club, which means music.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/17/19 7:09am

Wlcm2thdwn3

avatar

Yes I was. I remember being so anxioux to get in and a few months later Prince shut it down. No warning. Just here one day and gone the next. confused

How long do u wanna be loved? Is forever enough, is forever enough?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/17/19 7:22am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

Astasheiks said:

TrivialPursuit said:

This is like a six month rotation of the same question.

I was never a member. I used a friend's login to grab everything. And still have the files.

I guess I should have ran a search, haha biggrin razz

I was thinking more inline of the Forums but forgot about the music files, great reminder

I was a member from day one until the end. Can't remember my screen name but I do remember that I visited the forums exactly once.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/17/19 8:40am

onlyforaminute

I was. Don't remember my screen name. Took me a long time to start getting into it but then it shutdown so that was that.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/19/19 10:55am

gsmith5678

TheEnglishGent said:

I was a member from day one until the end. Can't remember my screen name but I do remember that I visited the forums exactly once.

Me too, me neither, me too. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/19/19 11:08am

Genesia

avatar

Yes and yes.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/19/19 11:09am

Genesia

avatar

Wlcm2thdwn3 said:

Yes I was. I remember being so anxioux to get in and a few months later Prince shut it down. No warning. Just here one day and gone the next. confused


That's because the news of his divorce was about to break - and he didn't want people hashing it over in the house he built.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/19/19 11:26am

nayroo2002

avatar

Where I?

Of course! smile

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/19/19 11:52am

DarkKnight1

avatar

yes and no

(Insert something clever here)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/19/19 12:06pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

I LOVED the original NPG Music Club. But Prince(r.i.p.) shut it down because of too much bandwidth. But I was a member of all reincarnations of it. But preferred when it was $100 to join.

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/19/19 12:09pm

looby

Wlcm2thdwn3 said:

Yes I was. I remember being so anxioux to get in and a few months later Prince shut it down. No warning. Just here one day and gone the next. confused

I thought that Prince was such an asshole back then, and treated his fans like crap!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/19/19 12:21pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

looby said:

Wlcm2thdwn3 said:

Yes I was. I remember being so anxioux to get in and a few months later Prince shut it down. No warning. Just here one day and gone the next. confused

I thought that Prince was such an asshole back then, and treated his fans like crap!

If allowing his fans to have the first pick of concert tickets through the NPG club is treating them like crap then that was fine with me.

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/19/19 2:19pm

looby

ChocolateBox3121 said:

looby said:

I thought that Prince was such an asshole back then, and treated his fans like crap!

If allowing his fans to have the first pick of concert tickets through the NPG club is treating them like crap then that was fine with me.

Good for you, but shutting down a club that you created for your fans, that fan members joined and paid for, without any notice, explanation, or apologies to them whatsoever, doesn't speak well of you! You may not have minded being treated that way, but I'm sure that many did.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/19/19 2:21pm

Genesia

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

I LOVED the original NPG Music Club. But Prince(r.i.p.) shut it down because of too much bandwidth. But I was a member of all reincarnations of it. But preferred when it was $100 to join.


No, he didn't. He shut it down because the news of his divorce from Manuela was about to be made public.

Honestly, you are the very limit. "Too much bandwidth"... lol WTF does that even mean?

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/19/19 2:22pm

Genesia

avatar

looby said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

If allowing his fans to have the first pick of concert tickets through the NPG club is treating them like crap then that was fine with me.

Good for you, but shutting down a club that you created for your fans, that fan members joined and paid for, without any notice, explanation, or apologies to them whatsoever, doesn't speak well of you! You may not have minded being treated that way, but I'm sure that many did.


So much so that they're still butt hurt 13 years later. rolleyes lol

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/19/19 2:39pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

looby said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

If allowing his fans to have the first pick of concert tickets through the NPG club is treating them like crap then that was fine with me.

Good for you, but shutting down a club that you created for your fans, that fan members joined and paid for, without any notice, explanation, or apologies to them whatsoever, doesn't speak well of you! You may not have minded being treated that way, but I'm sure that many did.

2dlkd52.jpg

Prince(r.i.p) was in dispute with another company that claimed he violated some sort of copyright on the web name npgmc.com. So he just shut it down and started a new one later. Because he cared about his LOYAL fanbase.

[Edited 8/19/19 14:49pm]

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/19/19 2:46pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

Genesia said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

I LOVED the original NPG Music Club. But Prince(r.i.p.) shut it down because of too much bandwidth. But I was a member of all reincarnations of it. But preferred when it was $100 to join.


No, he didn't. He shut it down because the news of his divorce from Manuela was about to be made public.

Honestly, you are the very limit. "Too much bandwidth"... lol WTF does that even mean?

rolleyes

I'm talking about the ORIGINAL NPG Music Club that launched on February 14, 2001 as a downloadable player that fans would install the player on their harddrive & would act as your download manager as well as media player. It only lasted a month because of people complaining of complications of too much BANDWIDTH!!!!!

But I absolutely loved it.Because I had just bought a brand new computer.

[Edited 8/19/19 14:53pm]

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/19/19 2:51pm

looby

No matter how much you idolize Prince and put him on a pedestal, you just don't treat fans the way he did, shutting down sites that members paid to join, with no explanation or apology at all.....no matter what! And the guy did it to his "fans" more than once! It was rude and wrong, no matter how you look at it!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/19/19 2:59pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

Can U read? Prince(r.i.p.) had no choice but to shut that site down .

THE NAME NPGMC.COM WAS ALREADY REGISTERED & COPYRIGHTED THROUGH SOMEONE ELSE!

[Edited 8/19/19 15:02pm]

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/19/19 3:11pm

looby

^^Can you read? His behavior of shutting down his site that members paid to join, with no explanation or apology was rude and wrong, no matter what his reason! You just don't treat people that way, period!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/19/19 6:54pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

For U to speak so evil about someone that died tragically shows the type of person U really are. Prince(r.i.p.) gave his whole entire life to his fans he has a vault he left to prove it. But U are talking about him shutting down a website? disbelief

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/19/19 7:13pm

looby

ChocolateBox3121 said:

For U to speak so evil about someone that died tragically shows the type of person U really are. Prince(r.i.p.) gave his whole entire life to his fans he has a vault he left to prove it. But U are talking about him shutting down a website? disbelief

Omg, get a grip! I'm talking about the NPG Music Club, and Prince shutting it down, in which he did! There is absolutely NOTHING evil about speaking what's true, and has absolutely NOTHING to do with Prince dying tragically, and your post shows the type of person U really are.....nuts!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/19/19 8:22pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/20/19 1:35pm

erik319

avatar

To paraphrase Mark Twain...

Never argue with KCOOL. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
blah blah blah
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/21/19 3:50am

KeithyT

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

the ORIGINAL NPG Music Club that launched on February 14, 2001 as a downloadable player that fans would install the player on their harddrive & would act as your download manager as well as media player. It only lasted a month

Well it lasted a year with the download format (monthly AHDIO shows and extra mp3 files), then the next year's iteration of the NPGMC moved to the physical CD model (from Feb 2002 onwards)

geek

Just somewhere in the middle,
Not too good and not too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Where u member of the NPG Music Club?