independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince's 2 biggest regrets in his music career?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/21/20 12:41pm

funkman88

Prince's 2 biggest regrets in his music career?

Although Prince was able to work with and perform with many of his childhood heros(Larry,Chaka,Mavis,Maceo,Stevie,Santana,and George Clinton)I always wondered that maybe Prince felt some type of way that Jesse Johnson was able to get Sly Stone to record and be in the video for the great song "Crazay"with him.I also think he regretted not recording or doing a proper performance with James Brown(not the foolishness where Michael Jackson made Prince look like a clown in 1983),Lets pretend he was able to record with these 2 big infuences what songs would fit their styles and be a perfoct fit for them? I say..

James Brown-Musicology,pretty man,the work,sexy mf?

Sly Stone-Housequake,Raspberry Beret,dorothy parker,morning papers,3121

what are your thought/songs?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/22/20 2:37am

lust

avatar

I don’t really understand how anyone can speculate on what somebody else’s biggest regrets are to be honest.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/22/20 4:33am

Wolfie87

Have you registered your profile to provoke, asshole?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/22/20 8:34am

kewlschool

avatar

funkman88 said:

Although Prince was able to work with and perform with many of his childhood heros(Larry,Chaka,Mavis,Maceo,Stevie,Santana,and George Clinton)I always wondered that maybe Prince felt some type of way that Jesse Johnson was able to get Sly Stone to record and be in the video for the great song "Crazay"with him.I also think he regretted not recording or doing a proper performance with James Brown(not the foolishness where Michael Jackson made Prince look like a clown in 1983),Lets pretend he was able to record with these 2 big infuences what songs would fit their styles and be a perfoct fit for them? I say..

James Brown-Musicology,pretty man,the work,sexy mf?

Sly Stone-Housequake,Raspberry Beret,dorothy parker,morning papers,3121

what are your thought/songs?

Well, Prince invited James Brown to the stage in Vegas. James declined.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/22/20 9:00am

embmmusic

avatar

Wolfie87 said:

Have you registered your profile to provoke, asshole?

^ and that's what we call irony

Check out The Collector's Guide to Prince on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/p...4ldzxwlEuy
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/22/20 3:50pm

slyjackson

kewlschool said:

funkman88 said:

Although Prince was able to work with and perform with many of his childhood heros(Larry,Chaka,Mavis,Maceo,Stevie,Santana,and George Clinton)I always wondered that maybe Prince felt some type of way that Jesse Johnson was able to get Sly Stone to record and be in the video for the great song "Crazay"with him.I also think he regretted not recording or doing a proper performance with James Brown(not the foolishness where Michael Jackson made Prince look like a clown in 1983),Lets pretend he was able to record with these 2 big infuences what songs would fit their styles and be a perfoct fit for them? I say..

James Brown-Musicology,pretty man,the work,sexy mf?

Sly Stone-Housequake,Raspberry Beret,dorothy parker,morning papers,3121

what are your thought/songs?

Well, Prince invited James Brown to the stage in Vegas. James declined.

He didn't like Princeo what?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/22/20 5:57pm

icecreamcastle
777

lust said:

I don’t really understand how anyone can speculate on what somebody else’s biggest regrets are to be honest.


clapping
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/24/20 2:06pm

funkman88

icecreamcastle777 said:

lust said:
I don’t really understand how anyone can speculate on what somebody else’s biggest regrets are to be honest.
clapping

I knew Prince so i can speculate

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/24/20 2:07pm

funkman88

Wolfie87 said:

Have you registered your profile to provoke, asshole?

If Im an asshole u are the brown stuff that comes out of it!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/24/20 4:10pm

lust

avatar

funkman88 said:



icecreamcastle777 said:


lust said:
I don’t really understand how anyone can speculate on what somebody else’s biggest regrets are to be honest.

clapping

I knew Prince so i can speculate



Of course you did! wink

Regardless. I wouldn’t speculate on what my own family member’s biggest regrets were. They either tell you, or they don’t. Anything else is just you projecting.

Ridiculous thread topic.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/25/20 8:42am

IAdoreWeronika

avatar

lust said:

funkman88 said:

I knew Prince so i can speculate

Of course you did! wink Regardless. I wouldn’t speculate on what my own family member’s biggest regrets were. They either tell you, or they don’t. Anything else is just you projecting. Ridiculous thread topic.

I knew Prince too , i seen him on TV and in concert and bought his records. razz

I miss my beautiful wife xxxxx
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/29/20 9:13pm

kewlschool

avatar

slyjackson said:

kewlschool said:

Well, Prince invited James Brown to the stage in Vegas. James declined.

He didn't like Princeo what?

Perhaps James didn't feel he was up to a good performance and bowed out from it. That was my impression. James didn't want to give a lame performance.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince's 2 biggest regrets in his music career?