independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > OUT NOW: "Forever In My Life (Early Vocal Run-Through)"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 6 123456>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/27/20 8:03am

bluegangsta

avatar

OUT NOW: "Forever In My Life (Early Vocal Run-Through)"

Well, it's certainly intersting.

I guess the album version is essentially a stripped mix of his original inclination (represented here). With that said, this is clearly a Bolas mix.

https://open.spotify.com/...72iSdLTeNq

[Edited 8/27/20 8:06am]

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/27/20 8:05am

bonnie184

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/27/20 8:08am

BlueShakooo

I love it!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/27/20 8:10am

RJOrion

P sure knew how to get lemonade out of a lemon

[Edited 8/27/20 8:11am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/27/20 8:12am

jraw

Wow! Thanks for the headsup!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/27/20 8:13am

lustmealways

avatar

holy hell the album version has such a different tone... this is a great performance, but it's not what i've come to expect out of this song. i like the coldness of the sott version better, the coldness cements it as an all time classic. this one's too busy, feels sappy.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/27/20 8:14am

TheSilentMikey

bluegangsta said:

Well, it's certainly intersting.

I guess the album version is essentially a stripped mix of his original inclination (represented here). With that said, this is clearly a Bolas mix.

https://open.spotify.com/...72iSdLTeNq

[Edited 8/27/20 8:06am]

It's not.
And so people can stop speculating, all the Vault tracks are "genuine". Bolas isn't on this release.

"Don't need no Reefer. Don't need Cocaine. Purple Music does the same to my brain."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/27/20 8:16am

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

This is kicking my motherfucking ass! WOW!!! I love the country-fication the guitar gives it. Damn!

"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/27/20 8:16am

jraw

lustmealways said:

holy hell the album version has such a different tone... this is a great performance, but it's not what i've come to expect out of this song. i like the coldness of the sott version better, the coldness cements it as an all time classic. this one's too busy, feels sappy.

The second half of the song is much more like the album version / live jam version!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/27/20 8:17am

Ramzoo

avatar

BlueShakooo said:

I love it!

Me too! Currently listening to it. Can't wait 4 09/25. Lucky we're 2 get the singles releases on Thursdays & forthcoming Podcasts. I miss so much Prince: his music will always move me....What a prolific artist! I don't know how many official & unofficial songs we have.... My best period is 84'-87'.

[Edited 8/27/20 8:29am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/27/20 8:20am

lustmealways

avatar

lustmealways said:

holy hell the album version has such a different tone... this is a great performance, but it's not what i've come to expect out of this song. i like the coldness of the sott version better, the coldness cements it as an all time classic. this one's too busy, feels sappy.

to clarify, i'm not trashing on it. this is stunningly gorgeous and it's nice to have this version, this warrants many repeat listenings.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/27/20 8:22am

nextedition

avatar

Wow, didn't expect his, it feels ike a different song, its way more romantic.

Its beautiful, although i think the album version made a bigger impression on me.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/27/20 8:26am

nextedition

avatar

jraw said:

lustmealways said:

holy hell the album version has such a different tone... this is a great performance, but it's not what i've come to expect out of this song. i like the coldness of the sott version better, the coldness cements it as an all time classic. this one's too busy, feels sappy.

The second half of the song is much more like the album version / live jam version!

yes, so this is where the concert version came from

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/27/20 8:28am

Romeoblu

nextedition said:

Wow, didn't expect his, it feels ike a different song, its way more romantic.

Its beautiful, although i think the album version made a bigger impression on me.

I totally agree.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/27/20 8:31am

radicalrojo

It’s astounding. Really beautiful. The tone is different from the released version, and far less eclectic, but i really love this sweet, gorgeous version. It’s almost in the vein of “Take Me With U,” and “Raspberry Beret,” with how almost normal it sounds. Sophisticated but clearly (countrified yes!) pop. Goodness
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/27/20 8:31am

AvocadosMax

Good little runthrough
He was always thinking of how it would translate to the live performance in the studio
Guitar work is great
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/27/20 8:31am

JoeyCococo

OH MY God!!!! This is a diff tune...with that bass guitar. I like but I totally get why he put out the version he did. I feel exacty as I did about ICNTTPOYM...the '79 versions is awesome but the '87 version is killer.

The sound quality - sounds fantastic on Spotify so I have HIGH HOPES for the remaster of the album!~!!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/27/20 8:32am

goosepumble

FANTASTIC

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/27/20 8:34am

ufoclub

avatar

Who new that blues minimal busker electronic song started off full on "country/western"?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/27/20 8:34am

sulls

avatar

WOW! LOVE IT!!! excited excited excited

"I like to watch."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/27/20 8:36am

JoeyCococo

TheSilentMikey said:

bluegangsta said:

Well, it's certainly intersting.

I guess the album version is essentially a stripped mix of his original inclination (represented here). With that said, this is clearly a Bolas mix.

https://open.spotify.com/...72iSdLTeNq

[Edited 8/27/20 8:06am]

It's not.
And so people can stop speculating, all the Vault tracks are "genuine". Bolas isn't on this release.

Nik BOlas did not mix this? It sounds super....

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/27/20 8:38am

jaawwnn

avatar

Fascinating! He really could have been as bland and radio friendly as some people wanted him to be if he had wanted to go down that path.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/27/20 8:47am

Phase3

Is it on YouTube?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/27/20 8:53am

SimonCharles

avatar

ufoclub said:

Who new that blues minimal busker electronic song started off full on "country/western"?

Who indeed? This is a very peculiar collection of noises...Kenny Rogers would have been salivating...

Words are like shoes...
Try my shoes on...
https://simoncwilliamsblo...press.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/27/20 8:54am

Neves26

This is a nice lil tune to have. Love theorginal but this one brings a ton of smiiles! biggrin

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/27/20 8:55am

LoveGalore

Wow. Incredible. A strong Proud Mary vibe.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/27/20 8:58am

SimonCharles

avatar

jaawwnn said:

Fascinating! He really could have been as bland and radio friendly as some people wanted him to be if he had wanted to go down that path.

Yeah...but that second half, though...the embryonic live performance we'd see come the SOTT show and movie - that's a lovely revelation.

Words are like shoes...
Try my shoes on...
https://simoncwilliamsblo...press.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/27/20 9:03am

Dazza

avatar

Love, love love it

Sounds really 'sweet' compared to the SOTT version...and very much like the live jam

Green virgin teenager, or filthy rich yuppy. Pussy cat pussy cat, where for out thou puppy
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/27/20 9:07am

jstar69

Phase3 said:

Is it on YouTube?


I havent been able to find it on there
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/27/20 9:13am

jaawwnn

avatar

SimonCharles said:

jaawwnn said:

Fascinating! He really could have been as bland and radio friendly as some people wanted him to be if he had wanted to go down that path.

Yeah...but that second half, though...the embryonic live performance we'd see come the SOTT show and movie - that's a lovely revelation.

lol, you're absolutely correct and I literally wrote that before I heard the second half!

Also, this version is still lovely to hear. He often had more radio-friendly versions of stuff that he didn't release didn't he? I'm thinking the earlier version(s) of Around the World in a Day and the alternate Something in the Water. Maybe at some point we'll be able to compile entirely different, non experimental versions of his albums. Like as if he was trying to do Thriller.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > OUT NOW: "Forever In My Life (Early Vocal Run-Through)"