independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Outlook for 2021 releases...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/03/20 11:32am

bonnie184

Outlook for 2021 releases...

What will be released in 2021?

Super Deluxe Editions - The first 2 super deluxe editions were released 10 months apart. Was the thinking, instead of another Black Friday release, let's move it up so we can make room for 2 releases in 2021?

Are we going to get a April/May drop and then a Black Friday drop next year? If so, is Parade and Purple Rain up next?

Since figuring out a successful formula with the SDE releases, isn't revisiting Purple Rain inevitable being the cash cow of his catalog? That deluxe version they put out never got a proper vinyl release with bonus material. Love & Sex, We can F*ck on vinyl, yes please estate!!!

Also they need to rethink the CD SDE packaging. I passed on the CD version this time. I thought the lack of cd sleeves and just being a cute mini version of the vinyl was a misstep. I'm sure they could of had more of us buying both vinyl ans cd version, something I did with 1999 SDE but passed on SOTT.

This would also bring us 2 more 7" single box sets as well right?

Originals Series - It's apparent they are leaving off the material he gave to others for the Originals series. But not getting a release this year, are they reevaluating how to release this material? I don't think it was as successful as they expected it top be? Would a Super Deluxe Edition Box Set be a better idea for this material? Wouldn't that be more profitable approach after the success of the other SDE? A $100 to $300 set of Prince takes of The Time, Sheila E., JJ, The Family and many others would be nice.

Legacy Series - Does that leave room for the Legacy reissues? The number of reissues they pushed out last year, I would expect a 1st quarter and 3rd quarter release to happen.

Record Store Day - Surprisingly nothing this year, SOTT was canceled. Now that they have released all of the Camille album tracks, will they drop a RSD limited release with a generic white sleeve cover, maybe Strange Tales, Dream Factory, maybe a 1999 7" singles box set (logic is they saw the success of SOTT and want to revisit a missed opportunity), perhaps something else like a picture disc.

Just my thoughts, what are yours?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/03/20 11:51am

Transformed1

I'm down for a Purple Rain SDE whenever they are ready to put it out. A proper remaster and no glitches would be great. A full 3 or 4 disc collection of outtakes as well, even if we get some repeats. Throw in a live concert and DVD (August 8th 1983 would be perfect).

We missed all kinds of outtakes... G-Spot, Wednesday, All Day All Night, etc.

Originals Vol 2 would be welcome as well, and I hope we can get a quick turnaround for the next SDE which in all likelyhood will be Parade.

I definitely would like to see some uniformity in the format. SOTT format with the book was great, let's do that again. When the estate is ready to reprint 1999 SDE, let's go ahead and do it with the SOTT SDE format as well, and throw in a big hardcover book too.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/03/20 12:09pm

LoveGalore

I am, more or less, a fan of the Originals series now that I fully understand that it is going to include modernized versions of his songs rather than the actual demos. That is similar to the Michael album (but they included the originals too). I think they should expand the releases to double albums with the second part including the un-remixed versions.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/03/20 12:18pm

jdcxc

Prolly getting Greedy, but anyone hear anything about Associate Remastered Releases...The Time, Sheila, Jill Jones, Madhouse, Mazarati, The Family, Vanity 6? Wud make a great Box Set.

I'm sure there wud b a lot of legal complications.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/03/20 12:20pm

lustmealways

avatar

every night before i go to bed i pray to god the original series was born and died in 2019

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/03/20 12:24pm

parker

LoveGalore said:

I am, more or less, a fan of the Originals series now that I fully understand that it is going to include modernized versions of his songs rather than the actual demos. That is similar to the Michael album (but they included the originals too). I think they should expand the releases to double albums with the second part including the un-remixed versions.


It would be great to release the core protege albums remastered with the rawer Prince demos included.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/03/20 12:47pm

ReddishBrownOn
e

I'm still hoping for a standalone release of The Truth.
It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly:


http://www.facebook.com/p...9196044697

My band - listen and 'like' us, if you please
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/03/20 12:53pm

LoveGalore

parker said:

LoveGalore said:

I am, more or less, a fan of the Originals series now that I fully understand that it is going to include modernized versions of his songs rather than the actual demos. That is similar to the Michael album (but they included the originals too). I think they should expand the releases to double albums with the second part including the un-remixed versions.


It would be great to release the core protege albums remastered with the rawer Prince demos included.


Yes this would be ideal to me

ETA: Unfortunately some of my fav protege tracks will never get that attention. For example I absolutely love the Elisa Fiorillo stuff. That shit ain't seeing the light of day. Sad.
[Edited 10/3/20 12:53pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/03/20 6:43pm

databank

avatar

lustmealways said:

every night before i go to bed i pray to god the original series was born and died in 2019

lol lol lol

Even if it had been handled properly you'd still be againt it?

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/03/20 6:46pm

billymeade

avatar

I understand why something like Jill Jones might not get a DE, but surely there's a market for Time and Sheila E remasters? Though they seem to be on the outs with the estate at the moment.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/03/20 6:56pm

databank

avatar

billymeade said:

I understand why something like Jill Jones might not get a DE, but surely there's a market for Time and Sheila E remasters? Though they seem to be on the outs with the estate at the moment.

There is a market for EVERYTHING, even a bloody Good Question remaster with bonus tracks. It was never about the market. The question is whether labels prioritize such obscure release or such other.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/03/20 6:57pm

lustmealways

avatar

databank said:

lol lol lol

Even if it had been handled properly you'd still be againt it?

hmmm. good point, i guess it's all in the execution rather than the concept itself. there's part of me that says the tracks should be on the album super deluxe edition of whatever era they were recorded in (for instance 101 on SOTT SDE) but the more i thought about it, the more i realized it would become overbearing, particularly when you start saying "ok let's have every V6 and what time is it? guide vocal on 1999 SDE" so i've kind of changed my mind on that. some suggest to have a re-issue/remaster of the parent album and on the bonus tracks do the guide vocals, but i don't think that's congruent with with what the estate wants to promote or what they want the releases to be... a posthumous prince album is always going to attract at least a little outside interest from non-hardcore fans, but i can't see that same level of press or interest for, say, a romance 1600 reissue. in a perfect world my solution would be era-defining boxsets not bound by any album, but rather years and things recorded during those years, this would include all prince stuff + any and all guide vocals for give away songs, but it's clear that's not the approach the estate wants to take right now, so we're forced to live in the imperfect world.

with all that said, here's what i would do with originals, and this plan is already fucked up because of volume 1 or whatever being so awful, but anyway... i would do it steadfastly chronologically by recording date, and when possible, would group up whole albums in the tracklisting. there would be multiple volumes, 15-20 tracks each. i would try to find a dividing line to make each release feel unique rather than blend into eachother, but that could prove difficult due to just the way he recorded stuff. this would also present the issue of some tracks being "out of time" compared to when they were released, like some of the jill jones stuff being on a way earlier volume than the volume of its release year, but as with all prince stuff, i think hard and fast DATES are the single most important thing to look at for recording and archival work, and i think my format would not only have the effect of being more cohesive than the grab-bag bullshit of Originals volume 1, but also really serve as a genuine and beautiful companion piece to any other projects they want to do from those eras with actual prince tracks from prince records. it would also make it exceedingly easy to figure out which tracks are on which volumes, as opposed to the direction i see the estate headed in with the aforementioned grab bag bullshit.

thanks for reading

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/03/20 6:59pm

lustmealways

avatar

databank said:

There is a market for EVERYTHING, even a bloody Good Question remaster with bonus tracks. It was never about the market. The question is whether labels prioritize such obscure release or such other.

damn this guy beat me too it. i mean if you think so, but based on my internal compass as it relates to the music world, i can't presently see AS MUCH (read: there will still be some, but not as much) interest in a time reissue or a sheila reissue or a jill jones reissue as opposed to something with the name prince on it, no matter how many times people are told that they're pretty much prince albums to start with.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/03/20 7:02pm

databank

avatar

lustmealways said:

databank said:

There is a market for EVERYTHING, even a bloody Good Question remaster with bonus tracks. It was never about the market. The question is whether labels prioritize such obscure release or such other.

damn this guy beat me too it. i mean if you think so, but based on my internal compass as it relates to the music world, i can't presently see AS MUCH (read: there will still be some, but not as much) interest in a time reissue or a sheila reissue or a jill jones reissue as opposed to something with the name prince on it, no matter how many times people are told that they're pretty much prince albums to start with.

No I never said AS MUCH. But when you see the way more obscurest things that get rereleased with bonus tracks all the time...

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/03/20 7:04pm

databank

avatar

lustmealways said:

databank said:

lol lol lol

Even if it had been handled properly you'd still be againt it?

hmmm. good point, i guess it's all in the execution rather than the concept itself. there's part of me that says the tracks should be on the album super deluxe edition of whatever era they were recorded in (for instance 101 on SOTT SDE) but the more i thought about it, the more i realized it would become overbearing, particularly when you start saying "ok let's have every V6 and what time is it? guide vocal on 1999 SDE" so i've kind of changed my mind on that. some suggest to have a re-issue/remaster of the parent album and on the bonus tracks do the guide vocals, but i don't think that's congruent with with what the estate wants to promote or what they want the releases to be... a posthumous prince album is always going to attract at least a little outside interest from non-hardcore fans, but i can't see that same level of press or interest for, say, a romance 1600 reissue. in a perfect world my solution would be era-defining boxsets not bound by any album, but rather years and things recorded during those years, this would include all prince stuff + any and all guide vocals for give away songs, but it's clear that's not the approach the estate wants to take right now, so we're forced to live in the imperfect world.

with all that said, here's what i would do with originals, and this plan is already fucked up because of volume 1 or whatever being so awful, but anyway... i would do it steadfastly chronologically by recording date, and when possible, would group up whole albums in the tracklisting. there would be multiple volumes, 15-20 tracks each. i would try to find a dividing line to make each release feel unique rather than blend into eachother, but that could prove difficult due to just the way he recorded stuff. this would also present the issue of some tracks being "out of time" compared to when they were released, like some of the jill jones stuff being on a way earlier volume than the volume of its release year, but as with all prince stuff, i think hard and fast DATES are the single most important thing to look at for recording and archival work, and i think my format would not only have the effect of being more cohesive than the grab-bag bullshit of Originals volume 1, but also really serve as a genuine and beautiful companion piece to any other projects they want to do from those eras with actual prince tracks from prince records. it would also make it exceedingly easy to figure out which tracks are on which volumes, as opposed to the direction i see the estate headed in with the aforementioned grab bag bullshit.

thanks for reading

Yeah. My approach would probably have been to keep the side projects for side projects rereleases, and put all the random songs given to random artists on Originals, by chrono order.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/03/20 7:12pm

Moonbeam

avatar

It's interesting to see how things will change with the change of distribution rights. I hope the estate can at least persist with the release of 1 SDE per year.

I'd love more volumes of Originals - the first set was revelatory and stands as the best Prince album not tied to a re-release in 25 years, IMO, and it got a lot of tongues wagging for good reason.

I've seen rumors regarding a release of the '83 First Avenue show as well as a Piano and a Microphone 2016 show for 2021, and I'd love that, but it seems that a lot of murmurs don't end up eventuating.

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/03/20 7:51pm

databank

avatar

Moonbeam said:

It's interesting to see how things will change with the change of distribution rights. I hope the estate can at least persist with the release of 1 SDE per year.

I'd love more volumes of Originals - the first set was revelatory and stands as the best Prince album not tied to a re-release in 25 years, IMO, and it got a lot of tongues wagging for good reason.

I've seen rumors regarding a release of the '83 First Avenue show as well as a Piano and a Microphone 2016 show for 2021, and I'd love that, but it seems that a lot of murmurs don't end up eventuating.

Gee man, with all the frankensteining on there? Seriously, bro, no offense towards your appreciation of the set but I find it sad that they can sell some of us any kind of crap and get away with it sad

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/04/20 12:26am

Moonbeam

avatar

databank said:

Moonbeam said:

It's interesting to see how things will change with the change of distribution rights. I hope the estate can at least persist with the release of 1 SDE per year.

I'd love more volumes of Originals - the first set was revelatory and stands as the best Prince album not tied to a re-release in 25 years, IMO, and it got a lot of tongues wagging for good reason.

I've seen rumors regarding a release of the '83 First Avenue show as well as a Piano and a Microphone 2016 show for 2021, and I'd love that, but it seems that a lot of murmurs don't end up eventuating.

Gee man, with all the frankensteining on there? Seriously, bro, no offense towards your appreciation of the set but I find it sad that they can sell some of us any kind of crap and get away with it sad


Yep, I really love it! I can understand concerns about tweaking of Prince's material, but nothing crossed my red line here, and to be honest, I'm not likely to hear the more authentic versions anyway given the nature of the elite trading circle, so I'm grateful for what I can get. Originals made me overjoyed. My review of it is here in case you're interested:

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Moonbeam/rating112308503

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/04/20 12:31am

Graycap23

avatar

Exodus

ATWIAD

Lovesexy

Come

TRC

3121

2016

gospels

Father & Sons

Dirty Mind

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/04/20 1:27am

Loefie

avatar

I would like to see a live-box. At least one complete show of every (available and previously unreleased) tour on DVD, with a related documentary about that tour. Plus book with stories and pictures. That would be it for me!
Produced, Arranged, Composed & Performed by PRINCE


"Rotterdam, we come to jam!"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/04/20 2:33am

kindofblue

I'm still impatiently waiting for stand-alone-releases of

Camille

Dream Factory

Crystal Ball

as they were originally intended, with all the segues and track times as compiled by Prince & Susan Rogers, and of course their own artwork.

For me, these releases are absulute necessities.

And to round up the SOTT aera, I would absolutely love to have another box set of some Paisley Park rehearsals, one-off-performances like the "Valium"-Show at First Ave, the performance at the Fine Line Cafe and the show at Rupert's with The Sex of It, plus some of the great aftershows in Paris, Vienna and Munich.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/04/20 2:44am

databank

avatar

Moonbeam said:



databank said:




Moonbeam said:


It's interesting to see how things will change with the change of distribution rights. I hope the estate can at least persist with the release of 1 SDE per year.

I'd love more volumes of Originals - the first set was revelatory and stands as the best Prince album not tied to a re-release in 25 years, IMO, and it got a lot of tongues wagging for good reason.

I've seen rumors regarding a release of the '83 First Avenue show as well as a Piano and a Microphone 2016 show for 2021, and I'd love that, but it seems that a lot of murmurs don't end up eventuating.



Gee man, with all the frankensteining on there? Seriously, bro, no offense towards your appreciation of the set but I find it sad that they can sell some of us any kind of crap and get away with it sad




Yep, I really love it! I can understand concerns about tweaking of Prince's material, but nothing crossed my red line here, and to be honest, I'm not likely to hear the more authentic versions anyway given the nature of the elite trading circle, so I'm grateful for what I can get. Originals made me overjoyed. My review of it is here in case you're interested:

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Moonbeam/rating112308503


OK.
Best since 1995,though...? An album of alt mixes of already released songs that we know by heart...? How sad must it be for some fans to be fans 🙁
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/04/20 3:03am

Moonbeam

avatar

databank said:

Moonbeam said:



databank said:




Moonbeam said:


It's interesting to see how things will change with the change of distribution rights. I hope the estate can at least persist with the release of 1 SDE per year.

I'd love more volumes of Originals - the first set was revelatory and stands as the best Prince album not tied to a re-release in 25 years, IMO, and it got a lot of tongues wagging for good reason.

I've seen rumors regarding a release of the '83 First Avenue show as well as a Piano and a Microphone 2016 show for 2021, and I'd love that, but it seems that a lot of murmurs don't end up eventuating.



Gee man, with all the frankensteining on there? Seriously, bro, no offense towards your appreciation of the set but I find it sad that they can sell some of us any kind of crap and get away with it sad




Yep, I really love it! I can understand concerns about tweaking of Prince's material, but nothing crossed my red line here, and to be honest, I'm not likely to hear the more authentic versions anyway given the nature of the elite trading circle, so I'm grateful for what I can get. Originals made me overjoyed. My review of it is here in case you're interested:

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Moonbeam/rating112308503


OK.
Best since 1995,though...? An album of alt mixes of already released songs that we know by heart...? How sad must it be for some fans to be fans 🙁


Except it’s not sad at all? I have liked a lot of Prince albums since 1995. 3121 is one of my top 10 Prince albums, and Art Official Age isn’t far behind. Do those opinions make me sad as well?

Come on, man. We all can have different viewpoints. It doesn’t make me or you or anyone else a lesser fan. I’m not sure why you’ve got to go that extra bit beyond saying you disagree to the point that you are disparaging my fandom... It’s the third thread recently where you have reacted strongly to my posts which have been fairly innocuous. I have appreciated your contributions to the site over the years, and it’s strange this tone you are taking here.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, apparently an interview with Duane Tudahl suggests the estate might be considering some new, “profound” and “complete” project, so it seems we might be getting something different than the style of releases we have seen thus far.
[Edited 10/4/20 3:05am]
Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/04/20 3:38am

databank

avatar

Moonbeam said:

databank said:
OK. Best since 1995,though...? An album of alt mixes of already released songs that we know by heart...? How sad must it be for some fans to be fans 🙁
Except it’s not sad at all? I have liked a lot of Prince albums since 1995. 3121 is one of my top 10 Prince albums, and Art Official Age isn’t far behind. Do those opinions make me sad as well? Come on, man. We all can have different viewpoints. It doesn’t make me or you or anyone else a lesser fan. I’m not sure why you’ve got to go that extra bit beyond saying you disagree to the point that you are disparaging my fandom... It’s the third thread recently where you have reacted strongly to my posts which have been fairly innocuous. I have appreciated your contributions to the site over the years, and it’s strange this tone you are taking here. Anyway, back to the point of the thread, apparently an interview with Duane Tudahl suggests the estate might be considering some new, “profound” and “complete” project, so it seems we might be getting something different than the style of releases we have seen thus far. [Edited 10/4/20 3:05am]

TBH I don't always remember what I reply to whom (partly because I often do too much drugs and partly because I'm all over the place in terms of the things I do and think about), and IDK if it has anything to do with your "fandom".

.

All I'm saying is that I've had a ball with each and every new Prince record since 1991. And that's the only reason I'm here, spending/wasting so much of my time on a Prince message board. I'd have been gone long ago if not. That's what I meant by how sad. There was never a "Prince was better before" moment for me, which in the end means I had fun all throughout, which in the end is why I kept being so invested, because it was always exciting news to me, never nostalgia. I can't help but finding it sad that others didn't enjoy it the way I did. But there must be other ways of enjoying it I cannot fathom because what do I know but what I know, that much is true smile

.

I mean I have friends who don't even like Prince's music, don't get me wrong, and I don't think any less of them. It's just more confusing when you kind of theorically share something but at the same time it seems what you share is in fact not the same thing at all. Like you'd say I love chocolate because it's sweet and someone else will tell you I love chocolate because it's sour. You both love chocolate but apparently chocolate isn't at all something you understand the same way or have in common at all eek Call it cognitive dissonance if you will.

.

But yeah, there's probably a territory aspect to my reasoning like "why are you guys here if you're gonna spoil our party". At some point if you join, IDK, a chess club and ppl there keep bitching about chess, you're gonna wonder WTF is this chess club about and why are these people here if not for the fun of disgusting others with chess? I'll admit it. My bad.

.

I must also admit I also always feel a little sad when I don't like too much a new work by an artist I like. I always think my bad, I didn't get it. I always wish I'd have liked it and usually revist it in the hope of getting it. I mean seriously: we're just the audience. They're the gods.

.

Clearly, when I read the Org sometimes i feel people have listened to the same music as I have and sometimes I wonder who is this Prince artist they're talking about, and I find it confusing.

.

Duane's statement was intriguing, let's see what it implies in due time.

.

[Edited 10/4/20 3:48am]

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/04/20 5:27am

akaexodus

kindofblue said:

I'm still impatiently waiting for stand-alone-releases of

Camille

Dream Factory

Crystal Ball

as they were originally intended, with all the segues and track times as compiled by Prince & Susan Rogers, and of course their own artwork.

For me, these releases are absulute necessities.

And to round up the SOTT aera, I would absolutely love to have another box set of some Paisley Park rehearsals, one-off-performances like the "Valium"-Show at First Ave, the performance at the Fine Line Cafe and the show at Rupert's with The Sex of It, plus some of the great aftershows in Paris, Vienna and Munich.

Camille

Dream Factory

Crystal Ball

Very True , I was hopeing they would release These Albums With the SOTT Box Set.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/04/20 5:38am

funkbabyandthe
babysitters

akaexodus said:

kindofblue said:

I'm still impatiently waiting for stand-alone-releases of

Camille

Dream Factory

Crystal Ball

as they were originally intended, with all the segues and track times as compiled by Prince & Susan Rogers, and of course their own artwork.

For me, these releases are absulute necessities.

And to round up the SOTT aera, I would absolutely love to have another box set of some Paisley Park rehearsals, one-off-performances like the "Valium"-Show at First Ave, the performance at the Fine Line Cafe and the show at Rupert's with The Sex of It, plus some of the great aftershows in Paris, Vienna and Munich.

Camille

Dream Factory

Crystal Ball

Very True , I was hopeing they would release These Albums With the SOTT Box Set.

that would have to have been a monstrous set.

and then you wouldnt get the songs that werent part of those sets, of which there are many.

and the repetition would be endless.

that would be a a waste of time

better off hoping for limited RSD releases for them

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/04/20 1:19pm

christobole

Just ocurred to me: perhaps an imminent unexpected and comprehensive project from the Estate (as recently teased by Michael Howe), could be the release of all of Prince's music videos, including the ones that were kept in the Vault? Any thoughts as to the chances of such a release?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/04/20 2:04pm

jdcxc

christobole said:

Just ocurred to me: perhaps an imminent unexpected and comprehensive project from the Estate (as recently teased by Michael Howe), could be the release of all of Prince's music videos, including the ones that were kept in the Vault? Any thoughts as to the chances of such a release?


Interesting.

I believe there will b some kind of tie in with the delayed Netflix Doc.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/04/20 9:32pm

christobole

jdcxc said:

christobole said:

Just ocurred to me: perhaps an imminent unexpected and comprehensive project from the Estate (as recently teased by Michael Howe), could be the release of all of Prince's music videos, including the ones that were kept in the Vault? Any thoughts as to the chances of such a release?


Interesting.

I believe there will b some kind of tie in with the delayed Netflix Doc.

There'll definitely be something tied to the documentary. But Howe teased something "unexpected and comprehensive" - the documentary most likely will see a sort of greatest hits package combined with a few outtakes.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/04/20 9:44pm

lustmealways

avatar

guys. "comprehensive and unexpected" coming from this estate could mean anything, i'm not expecting the product to live up to those lofty adjectives, but i hope to be proven wrong.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Outlook for 2021 releases...