independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 23rd Jun 2018 2:45am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Beyonce is named the most influential woman in music
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 03/12/18 9:01am

NorthC

MotownSubdivision said:



Dasein said:


Nothing but haters in here, as usual.



So you actually agree with this list?



It isn't as big a deal as many comments in this topic may imply but we're just haters for daring to call out obvious BS?

[Edited 3/11/18 16:24pm]


Isn't that what always happens with lists like this? Nobody ever agrees with them! Sometimes I think they're created with that very purpose in mind: to give folks something to argue about. wink
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 03/12/18 9:33am

MotownSubdivis
ion

avatar

NorthC said:

MotownSubdivision said:



Dasein said:


Nothing but haters in here, as usual.



So you actually agree with this list?



It isn't as big a deal as many comments in this topic may imply but we're just haters for daring to call out obvious BS?

[Edited 3/11/18 16:24pm]


Isn't that what always happens with lists like this? Nobody ever agrees with them! Sometimes I think they're created with that very purpose in mind: to give folks something to argue about. wink
You're probably right. All I know that this is grave misinformation.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 03/20/18 11:28am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

Y'all do realize this list comes from iHeartRadio right? lol lol lol It's practically fake lol.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 03/20/18 11:33am

TD3

avatar

This sound like one of these dumb-ass Rolling Stones Magazine polls. Folks who don't have a clue and have only listened to the tope 10 of the past decade all of their lives. Please....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 03/20/18 1:39pm

mjscarousel

NaughtyKitty said:

Y'all do realize this list comes from iHeartRadio right? lol lol lol It's practically fake lol.

I think HAPPYPERSON is a plant who works for a PR firm. They are always posting these Beyonce propaganda articles on prince.org and on other sites. I know its HAPPYPERSON because they post the same exact Beyonce articles on every gossip/music site.They posts these articles but never respond in the threads or participate in the discussions.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 03/20/18 6:40pm

ReddBlitz

I'm surprised Ella Fitzgerald is even mentioned, let alone the fact she's actually in the top 10 lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 03/20/18 9:13pm

RJOrion

Goddess4Real said:

What a crappy list hmph! Where is Chaka Khan, Sade, Janet, Whitney and Kate Bush??????

word!!!...Chaka Khan influenced about 2 decades of R&B singers after she came out with Rufus...and how.the.whole. total.fuck. is Diana Ross not on this list???...not trying to start no shit, but it must have been someone very white (and uninformed) who made this list...Kesha??? & Taylor Swift????..FOH.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 03/26/18 7:49am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

mjscarousel said:

NaughtyKitty said:

Y'all do realize this list comes from iHeartRadio right? lol lol lol It's practically fake lol.

I think HAPPYPERSON is a plant who works for a PR firm. They are always posting these Beyonce propaganda articles on prince.org and on other sites. I know its HAPPYPERSON because they post the same exact Beyonce articles on every gossip/music site.They posts these articles but never respond in the threads or participate in the discussions.

Lol! lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 03/26/18 11:16am

Marrk

avatar

Tina Turner.. Diana Ross.. missing in action.

Yeah, we'll, we'll try to imagine what silence looks like.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 03/26/18 3:06pm

214

Crazy shit list for sure.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 03/26/18 4:26pm

ReddBlitz

What?! No Yoko Ono!?! Blasphemy!! lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 03/26/18 4:41pm

morningsong

The marketing machine in full swing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 03/26/18 8:35pm

214

ReddBlitz said:

What?! No Yoko Ono!?! Blasphemy!! lol

cool Right? that's why is a shitty list.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 03/28/18 7:53am

jjhunsecker

avatar

No Joplin, no Stevie Nicks, no Heart, no Diana Ross, no Donna Summer (!!), no Gladys Knight, no Carole King, no Joni Mitchell, no Joan Baez, no Bonnie Raitt, no Emmylou Harris, no Loretta Lynn, no Etta James, no Nina Simone....this is one SUCK-ASS list !!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 03/29/18 2:02pm

dance4me3121

The most influential woman in music just got bit in the face
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 03/31/18 11:34am

206Michelle

nextedition said:

Beyonce more influential than Madonna?


No Janet?


Kesha more influential than Rihanna and Dolly Parton?


lol lol


How is Ariana Grande on this list and Janet isn’t? Also, what about Whitney Houston and Diana Ross?
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 03/31/18 11:44am

206Michelle

Madonna should probably be number 1, but if not 1, then 2. Taylor at 3 is fair.
.
Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande should not be on this list. Kesha shouldn’t be either, but I do respect her resilience. Janet, Whitney, and Diana Ross should be on this list. Joni Mitchell should probably be as well.
[Edited 3/31/18 11:47am]
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 03/31/18 2:20pm

Missmusicluver
72

Someone under 30 must have done this list LOL, bc there is no way Bey or Taylor would top Aretha, Ella or Madonna. I would say for some millenials/younger folks, Beyonce could be the most influential to them personally; however for all time? NO WAY!! Just proves how these lists are always subjective and I think are done for debate/arguments sake.

Love is God, God is love, girls and boys love God above.
RIP Sweet Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 03/31/18 5:22pm

Dasein

MotownSubdivision said:

Dasein said:

Nothing but haters in here, as usual.

So you actually agree with this list?

It isn't as big a deal as many comments in this topic may imply but we're just haters for daring to call out obvious BS?

[Edited 3/11/18 16:24pm]


The only way this goddamn forum would be happy about some list of female pop recording stars
was if Janet Jackson was number one, Madonna number two, Prince number three, and poor Be-
yonce was hung, drawn, and quartered.

I saw Lemondade for the first time last weekend: the visuals made no sense and I didn't like the
music but I will defend her 'til the end for if the baddest bitch in the game can get cheated on yet
have the wherewithal to reframe heartache into art, empower herself via vulnerability and make
the culpable party participate in that redemption publicly, then more power to her. Beyonce
fatigue is warranted but the hate towards her that endures in this forum from old heads is ridiculous,
especially since none of y'all ever seem to realize that these lists aren't the product of some sturdy
methodology anyways!

I never see any Joni Mitchell threads; no Aretha Franklin threads; no St. Vincent threads, no Kelela
threads; no Solange threads; no Carole King threads; no Diane Warren threads; no Blondie threads;
no Esperanza Spaulding threads; no Wendy & Lisa threads, so like I said: there's nothing but hate
going on up in hurr . . .

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 03/31/18 5:24pm

Dasein

DaveT said:

Dasein said:

Nothing but haters in here, as usual.


Anyone else get annoyed by the fact that you're not allowed to have a different opinion to someone else these days, and if you are you're a "hater", whatever the hell one of those is.

The twenty-first century really needs to stop being so precious about stuff and offended every five minutes ...



Are you out of your mind? Did you read the first handful of comments and not think they were
disparaging?

Get a clue, Dave.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 03/31/18 8:05pm

Graycap23

avatar

Lol....Haters? Songs like "Put a Ring on it" took 2 mintues 2 write and 5 minutes 2 produce.

She openely brags that it takes 2 weeks 2 do an entire album. One listen....and u can tell it probably took a week to 7 days 2 records those songs 4 simpletons.

[Edited 3/31/18 22:07pm]

Yes....I'm in a Cult. We brainwash people into THINKING ............4 Themselves. FAMILIAR BONDAGE OVER FOREIGN FREEDOM
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 04/01/18 9:47am

MotownSubdivis
ion

avatar

Dasein said:



MotownSubdivision said:




Dasein said:


Nothing but haters in here, as usual.



So you actually agree with this list?



It isn't as big a deal as many comments in this topic may imply but we're just haters for daring to call out obvious BS?


[Edited 3/11/18 16:24pm]




The only way this goddamn forum would be happy about some list of female pop recording stars
was if Janet Jackson was number one, Madonna number two, Prince number three, and poor Be-
yonce was hung, drawn, and quartered.

I saw Lemondade for the first time last weekend: the visuals made no sense and I didn't like the
music but I will defend her 'til the end for if the baddest bitch in the game can get cheated on yet
have the wherewithal to reframe heartache into art, empower herself via vulnerability and make
the culpable party participate in that redemption publicly, then more power to her. Beyonce
fatigue is warranted but the hate towards her that endures in this forum from old heads is ridiculous,
especially since none of y'all ever seem to realize that these lists aren't the product of some sturdy
methodology anyways!

I never see any Joni Mitchell threads; no Aretha Franklin threads; no St. Vincent threads, no Kelela
threads; no Solange threads; no Carole King threads; no Diane Warren threads; no Blondie threads;
no Esperanza Spaulding threads; no Wendy & Lisa threads, so like I said: there's nothing but hate
going on up in hurr . . .

The list isn't that serious but it's still misinformation and shows how narrow the writer of this article's perspective is. It's kinda how with MTV back in the day, they claim to have based the artists they featured on "research" such as marketing to the tastes of people who thought rock started with the Beatles. They were catering to ignorance and this article as well as so many others like it today cater to that same ignorance.

The likes of Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande and Ke$ha have no business being on a most influential women of all time list. Period. Not with the various other names listed by many in this topic that might not get topics of their own. It's not "hating", it's pointing out the obvious.
[Edited 4/1/18 9:48am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 04/02/18 10:59am

RJOrion

Graycap23 said:

Lol....Haters? Songs like "Put a Ring on it" took 2 mintues 2 write and 5 minutes 2 produce.


She openely brags that it takes 2 weeks 2 do an entire album. One listen....and u can tell it probably took a week to 7 days 2 records those songs 4 simpletons.

[Edited 3/31/18 22:07pm]




Beyonce might be running on fumes and probably needs to fall back for several years ...having a family now, its natural that she focus more on them babies and husband, and less on music..."Lemonade" may be the most overrated over hyped album by a female artist ever...that lp has zero replay value and not one great song...and i LOVE Beyonce...when "Love On Top" was out, you couldnt say anything bad about B around Me...but i agree with you now, and she should be nowhere on this list...especially when the women who created her whole style and gave her a path to follow (Diana Ross & Tina Turner) are not on it...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 04/02/18 11:02am

RJOrion

Adele??...Ariana Grande???...Ke$ha?!?!?!....WTF tho?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 04/02/18 3:45pm

uPtoWnNY

Graycap23 said:

Lol....Haters? Songs like "Put a Ring on it" took 2 mintues 2 write and 5 minutes 2 produce.

She openely brags that it takes 2 weeks 2 do an entire album. One listen....and u can tell it probably took a week to 7 days 2 records those songs 4 simpletons.

[Edited 3/31/18 22:07pm]

nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 04/02/18 4:46pm

Graycap23

avatar

RJOrion said:

Graycap23 said:

Lol....Haters? Songs like "Put a Ring on it" took 2 mintues 2 write and 5 minutes 2 produce.

She openely brags that it takes 2 weeks 2 do an entire album. One listen....and u can tell it probably took a week to 7 days 2 records those songs 4 simpletons.

[Edited 3/31/18 22:07pm]

Beyonce might be running on fumes and probably needs to fall back for several years ...having a family now, its natural that she focus more on them babies and husband, and less on music..."Lemonade" may be the most overrated over hyped album by a female artist ever...that lp has zero replay value and not one great song...and i LOVE Beyonce...when "Love On Top" was out, you couldnt say anything bad about B around Me...but i agree with you now, and she should be nowhere on this list...especially when the women who created her whole style and gave her a path to follow (Diana Ross & Tina Turner) are not on it...

Yep.

Yes....I'm in a Cult. We brainwash people into THINKING ............4 Themselves. FAMILIAR BONDAGE OVER FOREIGN FREEDOM
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 04/04/18 11:45am

Tontoman22

DaveT said:

Dasein said:

Nothing but haters in here, as usual.


Anyone else get annoyed by the fact that you're not allowed to have a different opinion to someone else these days, and if you are you're a "hater", whatever the hell one of those is.

The twenty-first century really needs to stop being so precious about stuff and offended every five minutes ...


So right you are !!!!!!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 04/04/18 11:58am

Tontoman22

Graycap23 said:

RJOrion said:

Graycap23 said: Beyonce might be running on fumes and probably needs to fall back for several years ...having a family now, its natural that she focus more on them babies and husband, and less on music..."Lemonade" may be the most overrated over hyped album by a female artist ever...that lp has zero replay value and not one great song...and i LOVE Beyonce...when "Love On Top" was out, you couldnt say anything bad about B around Me...but i agree with you now, and she should be nowhere on this list...especially when the women who created her whole style and gave her a path to follow (Diana Ross & Tina Turner) are not on it...

Yep.

Beyonce followed Donna Summer ...who kicked the door down for women (and all artists) to build career's on dance music. Summer was pop music's first female mega star selliing millions of records world wide and crossing into multiple genres. She was the first female to dominate the billboard charts. The first of the modern era to have #1 single and #1 album simultaneoulsy. The first to have 3 #1 singles, and 5 top 10's or 5 top 5's in a calendar year (1979). The first to have 2 songs in the top 3, (twice in 4 months). Billboard's top Hot 100 artist from 1976-82 (with 12 top 10's, 10 to 5s) pre-mtv era. Beyonce is compariable with Turner and Summer...not Ross. As far as the list, someone's opinon who is not very well informed....if any woman changed the face of pop music, Donna Summer sure did...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 04/04/18 12:11pm

RockAbilly

avatar

Beyonce was not named the most influential woman in music by this author.


The title of her article was 12 Influential Women Who Have Changed Music & How They Did It


In it she writes, "There have been many women who have been leaders in the music industry, and who have stepped up in more ways than one -- to many to count. But take a look at just a small handful of powerful females who have changed music, and just how they did it below."

She also writes that, "The spotlight and fight for gender equality in many aspects of this world is at a much-needed, long overdue, all-time high. Over the last year, the conversation about this issue across a multitude of industries, as well as strong women coming together and supporting each other and fighting for change, has grown tremendously"

[Edited 4/4/18 12:13pm]

[Edited 4/4/18 12:13pm]

[Edited 4/4/18 12:14pm]

[Edited 4/4/18 12:14pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 04/04/18 2:19pm

RJOrion

Tontoman22 said:



Graycap23 said:




RJOrion said:


Graycap23 said: Beyonce might be running on fumes and probably needs to fall back for several years ...having a family now, its natural that she focus more on them babies and husband, and less on music..."Lemonade" may be the most overrated over hyped album by a female artist ever...that lp has zero replay value and not one great song...and i LOVE Beyonce...when "Love On Top" was out, you couldnt say anything bad about B around Me...but i agree with you now, and she should be nowhere on this list...especially when the women who created her whole style and gave her a path to follow (Diana Ross & Tina Turner) are not on it...

Yep.



Beyonce followed Donna Summer ...who kicked the door down for women (and all artists) to build career's on dance music. Summer was pop music's first female mega star selliing millions of records world wide and crossing into multiple genres. She was the first female to dominate the billboard charts. The first of the modern era to have #1 single and #1 album simultaneoulsy. The first to have 3 #1 singles, and 5 top 10's or 5 top 5's in a calendar year (1979). The first to have 2 songs in the top 3, (twice in 4 months). Billboard's top Hot 100 artist from 1976-82 (with 12 top 10's, 10 to 5s) pre-mtv era. Beyonce is compariable with Turner and Summer...not Ross. As far as the list, someone's opinon who is not very well informed....if any woman changed the face of pop music, Donna Summer sure did...



.i can dig the Donna Summer comparison...i used Diana Ross to compare the successful international commercialization of both ... Diana Ross was the first black r&b/pop artist to become an international superstar and branch out into other artistic endeavors like movies, tv, and fashion...and to sustain it over a long period of time
...Donna Summer was unfortunately pigeonholed as a disco artist, and because of that, her flame more or less went out when disco passed...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Beyonce is named the most influential woman in music